Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options
#1763486 - 12/03/12 10:38 PM Re: 2012-13 Yahoo! College Football Pick'em Challenge Dallas Tide
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Well, it's gonna be a tough fight. But I'm hoping we come out on top!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1763582 - 12/04/12 03:15 PM Re: 2012-13 Yahoo! College Football Pick'em Challenge Dallas Tide
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Go Bucks!!!...In 2014

Return to Top
#1763598 - 12/04/12 03:38 PM Re: 2012-13 Yahoo! College Football Pick'em Challenge Dallas Tide
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
The Sovereign State Of Oklahom...
The Cowboys are blaying at the Cotton Bowl, just not in the Cotton Bowl. The Sooners are playing in the Cotton Bowl, just not at the Cotton Bowl.
I think Jerry Jones just does this carp on purpose to confuse me. ;/

Return to Top
#1763599 - 12/04/12 03:42 PM Re: 2012-13 Yahoo! College Football Pick'em Challenge Dallas Tide
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
My daughter wanted us to go to Miami for the BCS championship game - it was $1395 for the cheap seats! I told her we wouldn't be attending this year....... We may actually see the game on TV better than those seats!

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#1763638 - 12/04/12 04:22 PM Re: 2012-13 Yahoo! College Football Pick'em Challenge Dallas Tide
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Student ticket pull for the Cotton Bowl, at the Cowboys stadium, not at the Cotton Bowl venue, is this Thursday, but the kids are lined up already. To actually get a seat is $140, standing room only is $50.

Return to Top
#1763644 - 12/04/12 04:27 PM Re: 2012-13 Yahoo! College Football Pick'em Challenge Dallas Tide
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
A friend of mine was going to ask if I wanted to go but then when we found out it was on a Friday it was a no go. There are usually bus trips you can get on that include a ticket and motel. I could do that no further than Dallas is from Norman, but just doesn't work during the week.

Return to Top
#1763655 - 12/04/12 04:45 PM Re: 2012-13 Yahoo! College Football Pick'em Challenge Dallas Tide
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
This could be the worst NC game ever...an unproven team versus one that has squeaked by...

Was really hoping the Arkansas offer to Les Miles was real...

Return to Top
#1763660 - 12/04/12 04:50 PM Re: 2012-13 Yahoo! College Football Pick'em Challenge Dallas Tide
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Reports are that Mike Gundy of OSU has had interviews with Tennessee and Arkansas. Don't know why he would leave. He has T. Boone Pickens pocketbook on his side and he is OSU's wonder-child.

Return to Top
#1763698 - 12/04/12 05:45 PM Re: 2012-13 Yahoo! College Football Pick'em Challenge Dallas Tide
Bobby Boucher Offline
Power Poster
Bobby Boucher
Down Yonder
Originally Posted By: Queen Mum
Reports are that Mike Gundy of OSU has had interviews with Tennessee and Arkansas. Don't know why he would leave. He has T. Boone Pickens pocketbook on his side and he is OSU's wonder-child.

I've heard the UT job is his if he accepts, but they won't wait long for him to decide. Of course, I've also heard this is just a smokescreen while UT finalizes a deal with Jon Gruden, so I take it all with a grain of salt. Supposedly Gundy's relationship with the AD there is strained, but I still think he's using this to sweeten his deal at OSU.

That said I would like to have him as a Vol, so long as the defensive staff does not come with.

Return to Top
#1763707 - 12/04/12 06:01 PM Re: 2012-13 Yahoo! College Football Pick'em Challenge Dallas Tide
raitchjay Offline
Power Poster
OK
A&M is one year removed from the Big 12....their defense did ok in the SEC (actually, much better than ok). Defensive stats tend to improve when playing SEC offenses, evidently. smile

Return to Top
#1763708 - 12/04/12 06:02 PM Re: 2012-13 Yahoo! College Football Pick'em Challenge raitchjay
Miscuit Offline
10K Club
Miscuit
TX
Gig 'Em!!!!

Return to Top
#1763731 - 12/04/12 06:42 PM Re: 2012-13 Yahoo! College Football Pick'em Challenge Queen Mum
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
The Sovereign State Of Oklahom...

Anything is possible, but it is unlikely that he will move. In addition to the Pickens Pockets and the best facilites in the country, he just built a new home of substantial size and his family is fairly entrenched in Stillwater.

But it could happen.

Return to Top
#1763732 - 12/04/12 06:45 PM Re: 2012-13 Yahoo! College Football Pick'em Challenge Queen Mum
Dallas Tide Offline
100 Club
Dallas Tide
Dallas, TX
Where's the "Like" button or the "Favorite" link when you need it?

Return to Top
#1763757 - 12/04/12 07:09 PM Re: 2012-13 Yahoo! College Football Pick'em Challenge Bankbb1, PITA
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: Bankbb1, PITA

Anything is possible, but it is unlikely that he will move. In addition to the Pickens Pockets and the best facilites in the country, he just built a new home of substantial size and his family is fairly entrenched in Stillwater.

But it could happen.

I'm sure he could think of 6 million reasons this year to unentrench his family...say over a 5 year period, or 30 million reasons...

Return to Top
#1763790 - 12/04/12 07:52 PM Re: 2012-13 Yahoo! College Football Pick'em Challenge Dallas Tide
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
they are just like the rest of us, you have to go where the work is....

Return to Top
#1767816 - 12/15/12 04:58 AM Re: 2012-13 Yahoo! College Football Pick'em Challenge Dallas Tide
Dallas Tide Offline
100 Club
Dallas Tide
Dallas, TX
Bowl games start tomorrow (Dec. 15th). It's not too late to join the Pick'em Challenge (see the previous post).

Return to Top
#1768125 - 12/18/12 02:10 PM Re: 2012-13 Yahoo! College Football Pick'em Challenge HappyGilmore
Bankster Offline
Diamond Poster
Yinzerville, PA
Originally Posted By: HermyGilmore
This could be the worst NC game ever...an unproven team versus one that has squeaked by...

I realize Alabama plays a lot of cupcakes, but unproven may be a little harsh. I agree about Notre Dame though, they really squeaked by my Pitt Panthers.

Hoping for a good game, but being on a Monday night a week after New Years, I probably won't care by then.

Return to Top
#1768137 - 12/18/12 02:26 PM Re: 2012-13 Yahoo! College Football Pick'em Challenge Dallas Tide
raitchjay Offline
Power Poster
OK
Alabama? Playing a lot of cupcakes? Heresy! :sarcasm font off:

Nick Saban's as good a coach as there is, but this year's Bama team is simply not as talented pretty much anywhere (ok, with the possible exception of their O-line) as they've been the last few years. I think the people expecting Bama to just roll over Notre Dame are gonna be surprised, (and i hate Notre Dame). Alabama might win (although i'm predicting Notre Dame), but it won't be in any sort of rout.
Last edited by raitchjay; 12/18/12 02:27 PM. Reason: remark about O-line

Return to Top
#1768204 - 12/18/12 03:44 PM Re: 2012-13 Yahoo! College Football Pick'em Challenge raitchjay
Dallas Tide Offline
100 Club
Dallas Tide
Dallas, TX
Originally Posted By: raitchjay
Alabama? Playing a lot of cupcakes? Heresy! :sarcasm font off:

Okay, first off, "a lot" is a relative term. I will freely admit there were three "cupcakes" on 'Bama's schedule (which, in my book, is two too many), but no one could have known AR and AU would have the kind of seasons they had. However, AL did beat a very (revenge) motivated LSU team in Baton Rouge and a very talented GA team in Atlanta (less than 75 miles from Athens, so basically a home game). And, in my (slightly biased) opinion, they should've beaten TAMU. They didn't adjust quickly enough, but they were able to contain Johnny Football after the first quarter and outscore them 24-9 in the final three. In addition to TAMU playing well, AL made mistakes (i.e. a fumble and a goal-line interception) and hurt themselves.

Nick Saban's as good a coach as there is, but this year's Bama team is simply not as talented pretty much anywhere (ok, with the possible exception of their O-line) as they've been the last few years.

Agreed, but with the loss of talent from last years team to the NFL, did anyone really expect them to play as well as they have?

I think the people expecting Bama to just roll over Notre Dame are gonna be surprised, (and i hate Notre Dame). Alabama might win (although i'm predicting Notre Dame), but it won't be in any sort of rout.

I might be surprised, but I'm predicting 'Bama 34 - ND 10. I don't mean to offend ND fans, but IMHO ND hasn't proven themselves. They struggled against Purdue & Mich St. Mich really beat them in everything but the score, but (six?) turnovers killed the Wolverines. Stanford may or may not have beaten them, but that WAS a TD & the game should've at least gone into OT. They struggled against a mediocre BYU squad. Beat an inconsistent OU team (admittedly in Norman, which isn't an easy task at all). They should've lost to Pitt (if the Panther's FG kicker doesn't "doink" the ball off the upright, the game's over & ND loses). And, they close out against a dissapointing USC (yes, at the Coliseum), barely winning against a back-up QB.

Yes, ND is undefeated, but so was BYU in 1984.

And, yes, I'm a "'Bama homer," but I'm trying to look at the stat's as objectively as I can. I just don't see ND beating my 'Bama boys. [Then, again, I didn't see the UT Utes beating them in the 2009 Sugar Bowl (from the 2008 season) either. shocked ]

So, until the game is played, all I have to say (for now) is...

Roll Tide, Repeat!

Return to Top
#1768208 - 12/18/12 03:48 PM Re: 2012-13 Yahoo! College Football Pick'em Challenge Bankster
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: GoBucs
Originally Posted By: HermyGilmore

I realize Alabama plays a lot of cupcakes, but unproven may be a little harsh. I agree about Notre Dame though, they really squeaked by my Pitt Panthers.

Hoping for a good game, but being on a Monday night a week after New Years, I probably won't care by then.

YOu have it backwards...Notre Dame is unproven, Alabama squeaked by

Return to Top
#1768231 - 12/18/12 04:08 PM Re: 2012-13 Yahoo! College Football Pick'em Challenge Dallas Tide
raitchjay Offline
Power Poster
OK
Dallas....i'm just gonna start fresh without quoting everything....

No, you and me and reasonable people didn't expect Bama to be as good, and they aren't. Are they still a very good football team? Yeah. Are they the dominant force they've been? No, not IMO, but lots of people seem to think they are and those are the people i'm talking about. You make a lot of good points, but i don't think the A&M one is one of them. If you get dominated in the first quarter as badly as Bama did, the fact that they came part of the way back and made it respectable doesn't equate to "should have won" in my book, but i'm a fan of my team too, so i can understand you having your fan glasses on in that game. I think the OU-Texas A&M game will probably tell you a lot about the NCG....I think it will be a great game and OU has a good shot to win, but of course, we'll see in due time. If OU beats them, i think that has to win you some respect for Notre Dame. If A&M beat OU by 2 touchdowns, it probably weakens my argument about Notre Dame. We'll see. smile

Return to Top
#1768241 - 12/18/12 04:13 PM Re: 2012-13 Yahoo! College Football Pick'em Challenge Dallas Tide
raitchjay Offline
Power Poster
OK
One last point, and one of the reasons i think Notre Dame will win: Golson is a bit of a mini-Manziel...i think the things Manziel did that drove Bama crazy are things Golson does well also (i know, i got to watch him do them to my Sooners). I'm not saying he's as good as Manziel yet, but he IS sneaky good. I think Notre Dame's early season struggles are tied a lot to their offense, which i think progressed a lot as the season went on. (Oh...and i don't agree that was a Stanford TD....at some point, we have to realize that a guy laying prostrate on the ground across 3 defenders is down...i mean....are we gonna just allow guys to act like battering rams for 8 minutes until a guy's body is actually on the ground, even if that's not possible since he's laying on other people?)

Return to Top
#1768273 - 12/18/12 04:41 PM Re: 2012-13 Yahoo! College Football Pick'em Challenge raitchjay
Bankster Offline
Diamond Poster
Yinzerville, PA
Saban is the devil! Him and his smarmy band of elves are trying to steal a top WR right out of Pitt's back yard. Go away!

Of course I knew what you meant Santa. Any schedule that doesn't include SEC teams is soft, right.

At least the two teams that are in are the most deserving. Who would have gotten left-out if Ohio State wasn't ineligible?
Last edited by GoBucs; 12/18/12 05:20 PM.
Return to Top
#1772181 - 01/03/13 07:37 PM Re: 2012-13 Yahoo! College Football Pick'em Challenge Bankster
Bankster Offline
Diamond Poster
Yinzerville, PA
Notre Dame has to feel a little better about their chances after these last few days. The SEC teams are good, but clearly not unbeatable.

Return to Top
#1772210 - 01/03/13 08:08 PM Re: 2012-13 Yahoo! College Football Pick'em Challenge Dallas Tide
raitchjay Offline
Power Poster
OK
Florida got absolutely dominated by Louisville. Besides the fact that i think playing a good, non-SEC offense exposed Florida, this got me thinking about the fact that Northern Illinois at season's end was ranked umpteen spots ahead of Louisville. Northern Illinois had 1 loss (to Iowa); Louisville had 2 (to Syracuse and UConn). I know people poke fun at the Big East, but i think Northern Illinois' performance against FSU and Louisville's against Florida speak tons about how silly those rankings were.

Return to Top
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4