Learn More - Click Here!

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Thread Options
#1767737 - 12/14/12 08:56 PM Re: CT prayers are with you! Princess Romeo
madukes Offline
Diamond Poster
madukes
Flyers Country
and his younger brother was hiding in the woods near the school - they caught him and took him off in handcuffs.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1767739 - 12/14/12 08:57 PM Re: CT prayers are with you! NotDoneYet
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
So did he have two younger brothers? CNN is reporting that his younger brother's body was found in New Jersey.

Return to Top
#1767743 - 12/14/12 09:02 PM Re: CT prayers are with you! NotDoneYet
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Count is up to 20 kids dead.

Horrifying is the only word I can think of.

Return to Top
#1767747 - 12/14/12 09:14 PM Re: CT prayers are with you! Skittles
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Originally Posted By: Just Skittles
So did he have two younger brothers? CNN is reporting that his younger brother's body was found in New Jersey.

Is that the one in Hoboken? Just saw that report.

Return to Top
#1767753 - 12/14/12 09:22 PM Re: CT prayers are with you! NotDoneYet
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
That's what I heard - but there has been a lot of different reports and it's difficult to determine what is true and what isn't.

Return to Top
#1767755 - 12/14/12 09:24 PM Re: CT prayers are with you! NotDoneYet
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
I saw the pictures of the crying children being led out of school and it broke my heart. All those poor families! I can't imagine how heartbreaking it is for them.

Return to Top
#1767756 - 12/14/12 09:24 PM Re: CT prayers are with you! NotDoneYet
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
It sounds as though he set out to kill everyone close to him - his mother, father, brother. There are 2 folks missing - one of which is his girlfriend.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#1767779 - 12/14/12 10:00 PM Re: CT prayers are with you! NotDoneYet
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
From what I have gathered from the news stories, it was the younger brother who came to the school, went to his mother's classroom and killed her and all of the kids in her class. The principal and a school psychiatrist heard the commotion and ran out to check, and they were killed.

From what I understand, the shooter's father was also killed, and a friend and girlfriend of the shooter's brother are missing.

The older brother has been detained but apparently not involved in the shooting. It may be he has been taken into custody for questions about his brother as well as his own safety since his name was initially given by mistake as the shooter. Other reports indicated the younger brother had taken his older brother's I.D.

Messed up all the way around - One family's apparent dysfunction has become the tragedy for scores of families.
Last edited by Princess Romeo; 12/14/12 10:46 PM. Reason: corrected info

Return to Top
#1767795 - 12/14/12 10:52 PM Re: CT prayers are with you! NotDoneYet
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
cry

Return to Top
#1767801 - 12/14/12 11:16 PM Re: CT prayers are with you! NotDoneYet
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
How can anyone be so mentally ill as to do something like this. I burst into tears when it came on television this afternoon.

The parents of those poor children. frown The mother was a kindergarten teacher at the school and was killed there. That means that most of the children killed were kindergartners.

cry

Dad was found dead in his home in Hoboken.

Return to Top
#1767806 - 12/15/12 12:36 AM Re: CT prayers are with you! NotDoneYet
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Updates from ABC - the details keep changing:
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/12/live-updates-newtown-ct-school-shooting/

Now it appears the mother was killed in the home, which means the shooter intended to target the kids in her class. Also, new reports say she was a teacher's aid, not a teacher herself.

And perhaps most chilling:
Quote:
Neighbors described Adam Lanza to ABC as “odd” and displaying characteristics associated with mental illness.

Return to Top
#1767809 - 12/15/12 12:50 AM Re: CT prayers are with you! NotDoneYet
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
That is the only way you could do something like this.

And his brother was hiding in the woods and they found him?

As ABC went off at 7:30 they showed the crowds of people having a prayer vigil at a local CT church.

Return to Top
#1767856 - 12/17/12 12:39 PM Re: CT prayers are with you! NotDoneYet
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
What a horrible, horrible tragedy. frown

Return to Top
#1767864 - 12/17/12 01:23 PM Re: CT prayers are with you! Retired DQ
A_G Offline
10K Club

Return to Top
#1767885 - 12/17/12 03:14 PM Re: CT prayers are with you! NotDoneYet
ComplianceNerd Offline
Gold Star
Texas ...
I have had a really hard time with this tragedy. My son is also 6, just like many of the victims. I cannot fathom to think what these parents and siblings are going through. It's gut wrenching enough to think that this COULD happen to my child. May they be comforted in their time of grief and be given the strength to go on.

Return to Top
#1767887 - 12/17/12 03:17 PM Re: CT prayers are with you! A_G
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
Originally Posted By: Ornified.AT.LAST

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Agree!!!!!! How can someone be so cruel! Hope they find them and throw the book at them (and that it's a big, fat, book that they throw!)

Return to Top
#1767906 - 12/17/12 04:06 PM Re: CT prayers are with you! NotDoneYet
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
I have to keep my wife from watching the news. All weekend, she'd put this out of her mind and be so joyful with Christmas coming, planning the menus for next week and baking cookies, and then this horror would come back on TV. She's so tender-hearted when it comes to children.

When they mentioned how the families already have gifts hidden away that now won't be opened in their homes on Christmas... that put us both over the edge.

Looking back at this thread, isn't it amazing how much wrong info the media gave us last week. Mom was a kindergarten teacher, brother was in the woods - all wrong.
Last edited by MyBrainHurts; 12/17/12 04:07 PM.

Return to Top
#1767907 - 12/17/12 04:10 PM Re: CT prayers are with you! MyBrainHurts
A_G Offline
10K Club
Funerals Begin for Newtown Victims

I would suggest not reading/watcing without tissues.

snip - The first two funerals for the victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary school massacre are scheduled for later today when Newtown, Conn., will bury 6-year-olds Noah Pozner and Jack Pinto.

Noah's family will greet the public before the funeral service begins at 1 p.m. at the Abraham L. Green & Son Funeral Home in Fairfield, Conn. The burial will follow at B'nai Israel Cemetery in Monroe.

Jack's service will take place at 1 p.m. at Honan Funeral Home in Newtown. The burial will follow the service at Newtown Village Cemetery.

Noah and Jack were two of the 20 children who were killed Friday morning at Sandy Hook Elementary School when Adam Lanza allegedly sprayed two first-grade classrooms with bullets that also killed six adults.

Noah's twin sister, Arielle, was one of the students who survived when her teacher hid her class in the bathroom during the attack.

frown frown

Return to Top
#1767912 - 12/17/12 04:22 PM Re: CT prayers are with you! NotDoneYet
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
OMG - that poor girl frown

Our pastor threw out his sermon yesterday, walked out into the congregation and had an open discussion on this. Very moving and brought most to tears.

Return to Top
#1767931 - 12/17/12 05:33 PM Re: CT prayers are with you! NotDoneYet
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Being in Mass, next state over, and having many family members that live in CT as well as teach there, I will tell you the impact has been huge here, as it has been all over the country. I came home Friday from work and could not wait to hug my 7 and 10 year old. I had tears as I did. Our school superintendent robocalled all of us last night reassuring everyone that the schools were safe and that teachers and school administration had been meeting all weekend to prepare for the kids return today. When 6 year old Emily's Dad did his press conference Sat. afternoon, I had to walk away from the TV. The media needs to stop sensationalizing this, stop playing coverage 24/7, just let the town mourn and try to heal.

Return to Top
#1767934 - 12/17/12 05:36 PM Re: CT prayers are with you! NotDoneYet
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
The media needs to stop sensationalizing this

I could not agree more

CAMS

Return to Top
#1767937 - 12/17/12 05:43 PM Re: CT prayers are with you! NotDoneYet
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
Same here too. Let them alone. Let them heal. As a parent who has lost a child, it is devastating and takes time to get over. Under these conditions - I can't even imagine what those parents and families are going through.

Return to Top
#1767956 - 12/17/12 06:21 PM Re: CT prayers are with you! NotDoneYet
Bec Offline
Diamond Poster
Bec
The Great White North
Both of my kids were sick this weekend so I had to keep them home from school today. Not going to lie though, I was kind of thankful to have them home with me. It will be hard to drop them off when they are ready to go back. They are 4 and 5 years old. frown

Return to Top
#1767963 - 12/17/12 06:40 PM Re: CT prayers are with you! P*Q
A_G Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: P*Q
When 6 year old Emily's Dad did his press conference Sat. afternoon, I had to walk away from the TV.

It was heartbreaking.

Return to Top
#1767972 - 12/17/12 06:46 PM Re: CT prayers are with you! NotDoneYet
ecrew,CRCM Offline
100 Club
ecrew,CRCM
Fl
I'll be honest, it was hard to drop off my 1st grader at school today. I hugged, kissed, said I love you and told her to have a good day (like I do every morning) my chest was tightening. She gets out of the car and walks into her school with no worries in the world and I feel like I was going to have a panic attack.

I have cried so much this weekend, and have tried to spend as much time with my kids as possible (or as much as they would let me :)). Everytime they did something wrong, I would start to get on their case and then I would stop. I would think, is this something to really get upset over?

It's funny how before Friday, my biggest stress issue was figuring xmas dinner and whose house was it going to be at and who's invited. It's a shame that a tragedy had to give me some perspective.

Sorry about the rant. Just needed to get some of it off my chest.

Return to Top
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8