Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1768331 - 12/18/12 06:03 PM Escrow Shortgage
Patricia Offline
Gold Star
Kansas
I am looking at a loan that has not had any projections since 2010. This loan has a shortgage of $2700.00 resulting in an increase of $300.00 for the monthly escrow payment. It looks like this loan has had a negative escrow balance for a long time because it has never adjusted for any increases in taxes/insurance. Another problem I found is this loan has not had an analysis generated since 2009. That's a another story I won't go into here. To me this is going to be a payment shock to the borrower and I am wondering if the customer can afford such an increase. Any suggestions of what the bank should do?

Return to Top
RESPA
#1768341 - 12/18/12 06:09 PM Re: Escrow Shortgage Patricia
Dan Persfull Online
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Sounds like the bank has failed to meet its regulatory requirements under RESPA.

Offer the borrower a no fee low interest loan to pay the shortage. Then be sure the required annual analysis is ran going forward.

Return to Top
#1768357 - 12/18/12 06:16 PM Re: Escrow Shortgage Patricia
Patricia Offline
Gold Star
Kansas
Dan you are right bank is really out of compliance with RESPA.
Thanks.

Return to Top
#1769261 - 12/20/12 03:49 PM Re: Escrow Shortgage Patricia
ahkcompliance Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
You may need to check your settings with your processor. I know we ran into this problem awhile ago. I can't recall the exact problem we had but it was due to coding. Luckily for us, we only had a handful of loans that hadn't gone through analysis. If your system will allow, you should try to pull a report to identify any other loans that have not had analysis in over a year.

Return to Top

Moderator:  QCL