BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#177063 - 04/05/04 10:08 PM Prom Theme
captain morgan Offline
100 Club
captain morgan
Land of "uffda"
Seeing all these posts regardng music. What was your Jr & Sr Prom Theme?
What year did you attend Prom?
Did you enjoy goin to Prom?
Did you enjoy your date?
What did you do? (Keep it clean)Limo, dinner etc.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#177064 - 04/05/04 10:16 PM Re: Prom Theme
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Seeing all these posts regardng music. What was your Jr & Sr Prom Theme? I was a rebel I guess. I did not go. No worse for it. I have no idea what the themes were.

What year did you attend Prom? Would have been 77 and 78.

Did you enjoy goin to Prom? N/A

Did you enjoy your date? My mom suggested a nice girl for me to ask to the prom. I loved my mom, then as now, but that pretty much made it certain I would not ask that girl.

Return to Top
#177065 - 04/05/04 10:21 PM Re: Prom Theme
Cowboys Fan Online
Power Poster
SC
What was your Jr & Sr Prom Theme? Sr-Time in a Bottle (Jr-don't remember)
What year did you attend Prom? 1980 (high school)
Did you enjoy goin to Prom? Yes, though my date was late and I was afraid he stood me up.
Did you enjoy your date? Yes

Return to Top
#177066 - 04/05/04 11:03 PM Re: Prom Theme
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska

What was your Jr & Sr Prom Theme? Too many to remember! I do remember one was something like "Gonna find love tonight" because my mother had a fit!

What year did you attend Prom? 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981 (First two were dates with seniors for their proms...do they count?)

Did you enjoy goin to Prom? Yes

Did you enjoy your date? First 2 years, yes, Year 3...Dan..he'd just broken up with Gina and asked me to make her jealous. He told me before dinner that he'd need to leave early since he and Gina were getting back together. I ordered the most expensive items on the menu...and "because I couldn't decide" that included two dinners and several deserts. I enjoyed the look on his face when the bill came quite a bit! Year 4, my ex husband. I enjoyed him then, now it would be torture

What did you do? (Keep it clean)Limo, dinner etc. Limo most years and dinner. Normally double dated. Went to the kegger (or whatever party was going on) as soon as the dance was over. One year our dinner reservations got messed up and we had to be on time for the prom (I was prom queen and the king was the young man in the other couple with us). We went to MacDonalds drive through in the limo. Arrived smelling like french fries That was probably my favorite prom memory.
Last edited by Dawnie; 04/05/04 11:39 PM.

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#177067 - 04/05/04 11:31 PM Re: Prom Theme
Lestie G Offline

Power Poster
Near the Land of Enchantment
What was your Jr & Sr Prom Theme? Would you believe "Back in Black"?

What year did you attend Prom? 81 and 82

Did you enjoy goin to Prom? It wasn't as wonderful as I thought it was going to be. Pretty boring actually.

Did you enjoy your date? I guess - no great love story or anything.

What did you do? (Keep it clean)Limo, dinner etc. I grew up in a tiny little town with no restaurants that were open after 5:00 p.m., so we had a Jr/Sr Banquet and Prom. There are no limo's in this little town either, so our transportation was a farm pickup (very romantic! ).

Return to Top
#177068 - 04/06/04 01:51 AM Re: Prom Theme
obx nut Offline
Gold Star
obx nut
Midwest
What was your Jr & Sr Prom Theme? I don't remember the Jr. theme. The Sr. theme was "An Evening in Central Park"
What year did you attend Prom? Senior Prom - 1971
Did you enjoy going to Prom? It was great!
Did you enjoy your date? Yep, we had been dating almost a year, his prom (he went to a different school) was the night before mine!
What did you do? (Keep it clean)Limo, dinner etc. Prom, after prom party, went to go to our favorite "spot" and fell asleep (remember this was 2 proms in 2 days!)...only to be awakened by the police!

Return to Top
#177069 - 04/06/04 12:29 PM Re: Prom Theme
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
Was not allowed to attend prom - wasn't allowed to dance. However it would have been '75 and '76. Our senior class song was: "Do you know where you're going to?"

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#177070 - 04/06/04 12:31 PM Re: Prom Theme
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Quote:

Seeing all these posts regardng music. What was your Jr & Sr Prom Theme? Jr. (Lean on Me) and Sr. (Wonderful Tonight)
What year did you attend Prom? Jr. (87) Sr. (88)
Did you enjoy goin to Prom? Yes, very much so.
Did you enjoy your date? Yes, both times but I'd never want contact with them now.

Limo and home after (strict curfew-mean parents )

Return to Top
#177071 - 04/06/04 12:41 PM Re: Prom Theme
Brandy Osborne Offline
Platinum Poster
KY
prom theme: jr: angel eyes; sr: all i want is you (U2)
years: 94, 95
went to jr, not to sr...was engaged and he lived far away so he couldn't go.. still don't feel that i missed out on much.
jr prom date was a good friend, he was fun, we went with a huge group of friends.
we went to dinner at a local chinese resturant, it was a hoot. went home afterward, my mom had a tight rein on me and my car!!!!

Return to Top
#177072 - 04/06/04 12:45 PM Re: Prom Theme
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
Seeing all these posts regardng music. What was your Jr & Sr Prom Theme? Sr Prom - One More Night - the Phil Collins Song
What year did you attend Prom? 1985
Did you enjoy goin to Prom? It was very stressful. Dinner took forever so we were late, stood in line for an hour for a picture, danced a few dances, and it was over
Did you enjoy your date? At the time I thought she was great. We had dated for 6 months but 6 months after the prom she dumped me for one of my friends so I guess I was wrong.
Dinner was awful. After the prom it was straight to her house and straight home. I had a Jr. Drivers license so I had to be home by midnight (1 month away from my 18th birthday).

One more question, what did you wear? I wore a powder blue tux with a ruffled shirt (what a dork) and my date wore a pale yellow gown. Looking back (remember she dumped me later for one of my friends) it was a really bad color for her as well.

Return to Top
#177073 - 04/06/04 03:15 PM Re: Prom Theme
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Seeing all these posts regardng music. What was your Jr & Sr Prom Theme? Junior theme was Lovers and Friends with the band called Country Class, that recorded the song. It was held at a Knights of Columbus Hall, with lots of hay bales to sit on. Senior theme was an Enchanted Ball, held at the country club.

What year did you attend Prom? 1981 and 1982

Did you enjoy goin to Prom? 1981 was great, 1982 was horrible. I had the same date to both (my now ex-husband). He was on crutches for the Senior prom. Had a little motorcycle accident running from the county sheriff. (what a moron!!!)

Did you enjoy your date? see above answer

What did you do? (Keep it clean)Limo, dinner etc. We traveled to and from in his Camero. The first year we went to an all night keg party after the prom. It was held at a classmates ranch, and they had a fishbowl that we had to drop our keys into as soon as we got there. Senior year, we went back to my house to change, and then were going to the same ranch, but he passed out on our couch. (too many pain killers). I went to the party without him and had a blast.

Return to Top
#177074 - 04/06/04 04:40 PM Re: Prom Theme
Anonymous
Unregistered

What was your Jr & Sr Prom Theme? Didn't go to JR. SR. was "Steppin Out in Style"
What year did you attend Prom? 1995
Did you enjoy goin to Prom? Yes, I would love to re-live the moment
Did you enjoy your date? Yes, went with a friend.
What did you do? My Dad got a limo and we picked 2 other couples up at my friends, then proceeded to the prom. Ate dinner there, danced the night away. Stayed for the after-prom party, which was a blast and then went camping for the weekend. That is really the only part I regret. Everyone was out of control and the place was demolished.

Return to Top
#177075 - 04/07/04 12:51 AM Re: Prom Theme
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Quote:

One more question, what did you wear? I wore a powder blue tux with a ruffled shirt

LOL Thomas...actually I wore this too. One year the girls all wore tux's. Unfortunately it was a year powder blue was popular. (I have to admit, now that I look back on it, the girls did better in the pastels than the guys did).

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#177076 - 04/07/04 08:25 PM Re: Prom Theme
MackenzieS Offline
Diamond Poster
MackenzieS
Oklahoma
Seeing all these posts regardng music. What was your Jr & Sr Prom Theme? We did not have Jr. proms and I am not sure about the Sr. prom.

What year did you attend Prom? 1988

Did you enjoy goin to Prom? Yep!

Did you enjoy your date? At the time! We were voted "Most likely to get married" so there was no surprise who my date was.

What did you do? (Keep it clean)Limo, dinner etc. He picked me up in his mom's Mark IV. Many of us rented rooms on a floor at the hotel where the prom took place. Unfortunately the lights went out on our floor, except the emergency lights in the hallway, so we all ended up camping out in the hallway talking/drinking/laughing.

What did we wear? I work a pink satin full length gown. He wore a grey tux with a pink cumberbun (sp?). Looking back it looked like we stepped out of a pastel war...but those were the days!

Return to Top
#177077 - 04/07/04 08:56 PM Re: Prom Theme
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
Seeing all these posts regardng music. What was your Jr & Sr Prom Theme? My junior year it was Back in Black and my senior year it was Stairway to Heaven

What year did you attend Prom? 1991 and 1992

Did you enjoy goin to Prom? I guess!

Did you enjoy your date? Not my junior year...My boyfriend dumped me a week before so I envited a sophomore who owned his own tux.

What did you do? (Keep it clean)Limo, dinner etc. My junior year I had to drive myself to the school. He met me there and was late, with NO flower. We both went to "project prom" at the YMCA after and on the way back to school the next morning he fell asleep on my shoulder and drooled! ICK!

What did we wear? I work a short green off the shoulder gown. He wore a black tux. You could tell in the pictures that we weren't exactly happy about the whole evening!

Return to Top
#177078 - 04/09/04 01:47 PM Re: Prom Theme
Melissa H Offline
USA
What was your Jr & Sr Prom Theme? Stairway to Heavan, what an original

What year did you attend Prom? 87&88

Did you enjoy goin to Prom? 87 must have been so boring, that I really don't rember much. Now 88 was a blast, that was one to remember!

Did you enjoy your date? Went in a group of 8, no dates just friends, 4 girls & 8 guys, our pictures were adorable!

What did you do? Went boating the day of...had a pre-gathering party at one of the houses so the parents could take pics...went to a nice dinner, and it was held at the Botanical Gardens, then an overnight event at the Y. The jellow wrestling in the baby pool was the highlight!

Return to Top
#177079 - 04/09/04 02:08 PM Re: Prom Theme
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

What was your Jr & Sr Prom Theme? Stairway to Heavan, what an original

What year did you attend Prom? 87&88

Did you enjoy goin to Prom? 87 must have been so boring, that I really don't remember much. Now 88 was a blast, that was one to remember!

Did you enjoy your date? Went in a group of 8, no dates just friends, 4 girls & 8 guys, our pictures were adorable!
What did you do? Went boating the day of...had a pre-gathering party at one of the houses so the parents could take pics...went to a nice dinner, and it was held at the Botanical Gardens, then an overnight event at the Y. The jello wrestling in the baby pool was the highlight!

Jello wrestling at the YMCA? Were the extra 4 boys in your party the Village People?

Return to Top
#177080 - 04/09/04 02:15 PM Re: Prom Theme
Melissa H Offline
USA
Not the village people, but they certainly would have played the part! Small town, grew up with them K through 12. In fact, I just moved back after being gone for about 12 years and can't wait to start running into some familiar faces.

Return to Top
#177081 - 04/09/04 02:41 PM Re: Prom Theme
captain morgan Offline
100 Club
captain morgan
Land of "uffda"
A high school boy's fantasy-- his prom date wrestling in Jello..

Return to Top
#177082 - 04/09/04 03:12 PM Re: Prom Theme
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Senior prom was 1974, Seals and Croft "We Shall Never Pass This Way Again." I had my appendix out the week before, so most of my friends were watching out for me, afraid if I danced too hard, I would break the stitches. Yeah, right, like I am going to my LAST high school dance and not dance? Ha! I did have fun, but proms are anticlimactic. You prep and prep for it, and it's just another dance.

I had a curfew so we were home by midnight. I was already tiring of my date, who was my boyfriend of 2 years. He was too interested in alcohol for my liking. I mean, I like a drink once in a while, but he would always get disgustingly sloshed. Needless to say, he is history!
Last edited by Nanwa; 04/09/04 03:19 PM.

Return to Top
#177083 - 04/09/04 03:21 PM Re: Prom Theme
captain morgan Offline
100 Club
captain morgan
Land of "uffda"
My senior year I wanted..."Wasted Days and Wasted Nights"--by Freddie Fender. It didn't pass...we went with,"Come Sail Away" Styx instead.

Return to Top
#177084 - 04/09/04 09:31 PM Re: Prom Theme
Red Offline
Gold Star
Red
New England
Theme- Stairway to Heaven
Year- 1988
My date was my best friend (who was a guy)
We took his Monte Carlo and had dinner with friends at decent chinese restaurant.
I had a better time before and after the prom- Ma let us drink at the house if everyone stayed. We had an outdoor party under a tent at my house.
It was Mike's Senior Prom. He was killed in a car accident the year after, so I'm glad we went together

I wore a BLACK lace dress which was taboo. Noone wore black to the prom. Mike looked handsome in black tails with pink cumberbund. I had the biggest 80s hair I could possibly have.

Thanks for making me remember. I'm leaving with a smile on my face.

Return to Top
#177085 - 04/09/04 10:07 PM Re: Prom Theme
DawgFan Offline
Diamond Poster
DawgFan
United States
Themes- I really don't remember. Both places were really nice. I went to a Christian private school, so we had a banquet rather than a prom. One of the things I remember most was that, at my senior "prom", a friend of mine played "November Rain" by Guns 'n' Roses on the piano.
Year- 1996 and 1997
Enjoyed it?- Yes, I did.
Enjoyed my date?- Absolutely, I took the same girl both years, she was my girlfriend. She was absolutely beautiful, too.
What did we do?- Well, we had dinner there, so we didn't go out to dinner. No limo. My junior year, we watched a movie (sort of). My senior year, we went out with several of our friends afterwards. That's about it.

Return to Top
#177086 - 04/09/04 10:14 PM Re: Prom Theme
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
My junior year - the boys wanted psychodelic so we had posters and black lights everywhere - the girls got to decorate the banquet area but I can't remember what we did! No date - he was breaking up with someone else and things weren't on the best of terms yet.
Senior year - Hawaiian theme - no date - he was in Dallas on a trip (in college). 1974

Return to Top