Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1774693 - 01/10/13 03:38 PM Branch Signage in Drive-Through Only Branches
Analauditor Offline
Are we required to post the Equal Housing and Home Mortgage Disclosure Act notices in a drive-through only branch? In reading the regulatory requirements and definition of branch, I don't see an exclusion. How do others handle?

Thank-you for your feedback.

Return to Top
Marketing
#1774731 - 01/10/13 04:08 PM Re: Branch Signage in Drive-Through Only Branches Analauditor
ahou Offline
Power Poster
ahou
Do you offer loans or take residential ln apps and have a lobby at this branch?

Return to Top
#1774779 - 01/10/13 05:01 PM Re: Branch Signage in Drive-Through Only Branches Analauditor
Analauditor Offline
No. Just a stand-alone deposit-taking facility.

Return to Top
#1774790 - 01/10/13 05:07 PM Re: Branch Signage in Drive-Through Only Branches Analauditor
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
HMDA:

(e) Notice of availability. A financial institution shall post a general notice about the availability of its HMDA data in the lobby of its home office and of each branch office located in an MSA and Metropolitan Division.

If you have no lobby, I see no requirement to post.

Same with the EHL poster, they don't enter the "area":

§ 338.4 Fair housing poster.

(a) Each bank engaged in extending loans for the purpose of purchasing, constructing, improving, repairing, or maintaining a dwelling or any loan secured by a dwelling shall conspicuously display either the Equal Housing Lender poster set forth in paragraph (b) of this section or the Equal Housing Opportunity poster prescribed by § 110.25(a) of the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development's regulations (24 CFR 110.25(a)), in a central location within the bank where deposits are received or where such loans are made in a manner clearly visible to the general public entering the area, where the poster is displayed.

Return to Top
#1774848 - 01/10/13 06:01 PM Re: Branch Signage in Drive-Through Only Branches Analauditor
ahou Offline
Power Poster
ahou
I agree with Randy

Return to Top
#1774852 - 01/10/13 06:05 PM Re: Branch Signage in Drive-Through Only Branches ahou
Analauditor Offline
Thank-you both for your valuable feedback.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, MoneyMaker