Originally Posted By: Bimmer
Originally Posted By: Queen Mum
Just put in the new induction cooktop and my old pots wouldn't work. Just bought a new set of Calphalon Stainless. So far I like them a lot. My old ones were stainless, just not induction-friendly.

How do you like the induction cooktop? Which brand did you get?

My wife and I are building a new house and we're putting in a gourmet kitchen with an induction cooktop. I really wanted the new Thermador, but my wife wasn't thrilled with the $4,000 price tag frown Oh and that's not a brand that the builder deals with, so we had to go with the Kitchen-Aid.

Mine is Whirlpool. I just went to my favorite local appliance store and had the guy give me a quote on what he would recommend and package applicances for me. Everything he quoted was Whirlpool. So far I really like it. My DIL has always been one that wanted nothing but gas but hates cleaning gas stove top. After using mine at Thanksgiving, my son said all she could talk about was how nice it would be to have a stove top like mine. She was impressed. I did try the boiling water putting a towel between the stove top and pan. It worked like a charm. I had an electric for so long I still haven't gotten used to the immediate cool down when you turn it down. My biggest burner has a boost setting which is nice when I have a large pot on it.