BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#1781302 - 01/30/13 07:38 PM New Condition Caused By Excessive Regulation
ComplytillIdie Offline
100 Club
GA
All of this reading of new regulations is causing my eyes to cross and my head to hurt. Is there a name for this condition and what's the cure? 3,000 pages in the last three weeks? That's a thousand pages per week.

Seriously though - I leave work everyday with a splitting headache. It got so bad that I went to get my eyes checked - but that hasn't helped either. Does anyone else get pounding headaches after reading all day? Do you know of anything you can do to avoid the pain?

Return to Top
#1781309 - 01/30/13 07:48 PM Re: New Condition Caused By Excessive Regulation ComplytillIdie
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Do you know of anything you can do to avoid the pain?

Stop reading

CAMS

Return to Top
#1781310 - 01/30/13 07:49 PM Re: New Condition Caused By Excessive Regulation ComplytillIdie
ComplytillIdie Offline
100 Club
GA
Not sure that will work...

Return to Top
#1781312 - 01/30/13 07:51 PM Re: New Condition Caused By Excessive Regulation ComplytillIdie
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Would you believe.

Hi, Welcome to Walmart

CAMS

Return to Top
#1781314 - 01/30/13 07:54 PM Re: New Condition Caused By Excessive Regulation ComplytillIdie
ComplytillIdie Offline
100 Club
GA
Hey - I could hand out stickers all day - that would be FUN!!

Return to Top
#1781319 - 01/30/13 07:56 PM Re: New Condition Caused By Excessive Regulation ComplytillIdie
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
either that or come up with a fully detailed risk assessment stating why you will no longer pay attention to the changes in the regs. That should confuse your regulator.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1781322 - 01/30/13 07:59 PM Re: New Condition Caused By Excessive Regulation ComplytillIdie
ComplytillIdie Offline
100 Club
GA
Ha! I can see their faces now.

Return to Top
#1781400 - 01/30/13 09:57 PM Re: New Condition Caused By Excessive Regulation ComplytillIdie
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
The CFPB’s international remittance transfer rule and it moving effective date have made me stop paying attention.

Return to Top
#1781401 - 01/30/13 09:59 PM Re: New Condition Caused By Excessive Regulation MyBrainHurts
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Originally Posted By: MyBrainHurts
The CFPB’s international remittance transfer rule and it moving effective date have made me stop paying attention is really stupid and even the Federal Home Loan Bank has said so.

Fixed

Return to Top
#1781413 - 01/30/13 10:17 PM Re: New Condition Caused By Excessive Regulation ComplytillIdie
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
The Sovereign State Of Oklahom...
I doubt that your ability to absorb repetitive and insane information has diminished, so the most likely change is in your eyes. Your vision may have changed slightly in one eye or the other, just enough to cause your brain a problem adjusting to the imbalance.
Are you reading on a computer? Change the brightness. Change the angle of the screen, wear polarized sunglasses (also some cool factor there).
I would seriously suggest that you take a brake every 45 minutes and walk away for 5 minutes or so.

Return to Top
#1781440 - 01/30/13 11:44 PM Re: New Condition Caused By Excessive Regulation ComplytillIdie
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Or do what I do and go to Lending Triage and listen to what's in those 3000+ pages.
Seriously, there isn't enough time in my work day to read all of that so I have to count on webinars and BOL to get me through it.
And even with the limited amount of time I've gotten to read the CFPB's first round of missives, I too have been going through a lot of aspirin lately.

Return to Top
#1781501 - 01/31/13 01:30 PM Re: New Condition Caused By Excessive Regulation ComplytillIdie
ComplytillIdie Offline
100 Club
GA
I'm think about signing up for Jack's Compliance Masters Group. My head hurts just THINKING about all the changes.

I went to the eye doctor to get contacts because I thought maybe my glasses were causing too much of a glare, and I swear I see worse now than I did before.

I've gotten to where I print everything because I like to highlight and jot notes down. I know you can do all of that in Adobe, but there's just something about doing it on paper that soothes me some. It's weird, I know.

Return to Top
#1781507 - 01/31/13 01:37 PM Re: New Condition Caused By Excessive Regulation ComplytillIdie
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
Originally Posted By: ComplytillIdie
I've gotten to where I print everything because I like to highlight and jot notes down. I know you can do all of that in Adobe, but there's just something about doing it on paper that soothes me some. It's weird, I know.

I'm the same way, though with all the pages this time, I asked my IT department to set me up with Adobe. They told me it was cheaper to print 3000+ pages than it was to get me set up with software.....

Return to Top
#1781509 - 01/31/13 01:43 PM Re: New Condition Caused By Excessive Regulation ComplytillIdie
ComplytillIdie Offline
100 Club
GA
I stacked up all of the "projects" I'm currently in the middle of, and the stack was higher than my head. I'm literally buried right now....

I read an article yesterday that talked about what a burden all of these regulations will be on small institutions and that they could put a lot more small banks out of business. Do you really think that's possible? What would we do if all the small banks went away?

Where will I go, what will I do?..."Oh I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy. I'll think about that tomorrow. After all...tomorrow is another day." It seems even Scarlet knew what it was like to be in compliance. LOL

Return to Top
#1781511 - 01/31/13 01:49 PM Re: New Condition Caused By Excessive Regulation Dani York, CRCM
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By: Dani York, CRCM

I'm the same way, though with all the pages this time, I asked my IT department to set me up with Adobe. They told me it was cheaper to print 3000+ pages than it was to get me set up with software.....

I can not think that thec ost of adobe would be that much cheaper when you figure in both paper toner wear and tear on the printer. Many co. are now handing out tablets to reduce the cost of printing paper. While you are printing 3,000. pages today tommorow you will be printing another 100 pages and the next day...

CAMS

Return to Top
#1781531 - 01/31/13 02:13 PM Re: New Condition Caused By Excessive Regulation ComplytillIdie
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
I completely agree Ed. At least now, when the CFO comes marching in my office and asks why I'm wasting so much paper and toner, I can point 2 doors down and tell him it wasn't my idea.

BTW, when I printed all this carp off, IT then complained about me killing a forest and monopolizing the printer..... crazy

Return to Top
#1781533 - 01/31/13 02:14 PM Re: New Condition Caused By Excessive Regulation ComplytillIdie
Banker Offline
100 Club
Southeastern US
I too am getting headaches by end of day. I wear glasses for distance such as reading on the computer. I take them off when reading on paper. It seems the back and forth causes headaches for me. Not sure what the solution is. Maybe I will try the 5 minute breaks to see if it helps. Funny I see this post today because I was just thinking that maybe my glasses aren't the right strength or something and maybe I should see the eye doctor.

Return to Top
#1781539 - 01/31/13 02:20 PM Re: New Condition Caused By Excessive Regulation Dani York, CRCM
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
I completely agree Ed. At least now, when the CFO comes marching in my office and asks why I'm wasting so much paper and toner, I can point 2 doors down and tell him it wasn't my idea.

BTW, when I printed all this carp off, IT then complained about me killing a forest and monopolizing the printer..... crazy

As him for an iPad android tablet (fixed for bimmer) laugh

CAMS

Return to Top
#1781545 - 01/31/13 02:25 PM Re: New Condition Caused By Excessive Regulation edAudit
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
Originally Posted By: EdAudit

As him for an iPad android tablet (fixed for bimmer) laugh

Don't I wish.....my CFO gives me a hard time about using post-its!

Return to Top
#1781546 - 01/31/13 02:26 PM Re: New Condition Caused By Excessive Regulation Truffle Royale
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
Originally Posted By: Truffle Royale
Or do what I do and go to Lending Triage and listen to what's in those 3000+ pages.
Seriously, there isn't enough time in my work day to read all of that so I have to count on webinars and BOL to get me through it.
And even with the limited amount of time I've gotten to read the CFPB's first round of missives, I too have been going through a lot of aspirin lately.

Ditto. I have too much other work to do to concentrate on reading these regs right now.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#1781549 - 01/31/13 02:29 PM Re: New Condition Caused By Excessive Regulation ComplytillIdie
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
I totally agree. I got a fax today from ICBA to purchase their on-line Compliance Deskbook. I'm thinking about asking if we can purchase that.

Return to Top
#1781551 - 01/31/13 02:35 PM Re: New Condition Caused By Excessive Regulation ComplytillIdie
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA

I read an article yesterday that talked about what a burden all of these regulations will be on small institutions and that they could put a lot more small banks out of business. Do you really think that's possible? What would we do if all the small banks went away?

In a word, yup.
I know how "conspiracy theory" this sounds, but I think some in the federal government would prefer to have just a few super institutions and be rid of the smaller banks and CU's.
We need to hang on tho our "Bailey's Building and Loans". wink
Last edited by Bankbb1, PITA; 01/31/13 02:35 PM.

Return to Top
#1781561 - 01/31/13 02:48 PM Re: New Condition Caused By Excessive Regulation Bankbb1, PITA
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By: Bankbb1, PITA

In a word, yup.
I know how "conspiracy theory" this sounds, but I think some in the federal government would prefer to have just a few super institutions and be rid of the smaller banks and CU's.
We need to hang on tho our "Bailey's Mani's Building and Loans". wink

Fixed

I thought we got that issue covered last week laugh

CAMS

Return to Top
#1781580 - 01/31/13 03:06 PM Re: New Condition Caused By Excessive Regulation ComplytillIdie
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
::Head slap::
laugh

Return to Top
#1781582 - 01/31/13 03:08 PM Re: New Condition Caused By Excessive Regulation ComplytillIdie
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
You're all fired.

smirk

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett