Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1724117 - 07/27/12 02:13 PM CRA/HMDA FFIEC 2012 software update
JJT Offline
Is anyone here also using FFIEC software to enter CRA/HMDA LAR?
I got an email notice yesterday ” the 2012 CRA Data Entry Software Release 2 is available”.

I have questions: since we already installed old version of 2012 CRA and HMDA Data Entry Software early of this year. Do we still need to download again to update to the most current version? If yes, will we lost all the data (2012 CRA/HMDA) we already input in the CRA/HMDA software. Does anyone know about that ?
Many thanks in advance!

Return to Top
CRA
#1724749 - 07/30/12 02:31 PM Re: CRA/HMDA FFIEC 2012 software update JJT
Glo Offline
Gold Star
Arkansas
I am wondering the same thing. I went to put some data into the CRA and HMDA LAR today, and it said that the programs are out of date and that we need to download the latest release. I have never seen this before. Any information would be appreciated.

Return to Top
#1724806 - 07/30/12 03:24 PM Re: CRA/HMDA FFIEC 2012 software update Glo
#12 Offline
Diamond Poster
Check this thread out!

You shouldn't lose anything. The above thread is in the HMDA forum.

Return to Top
#1724807 - 07/30/12 03:24 PM Re: CRA/HMDA FFIEC 2012 software update JJT
Glo Offline
Gold Star
Arkansas
Thanks for your help!

Return to Top
#1724810 - 07/30/12 03:29 PM Re: CRA/HMDA FFIEC 2012 software update JJT
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
This is the first I ever received that message, but have had to download subsequent versions of the software in prior years..they make adjustments, fix issues, etc. Was I the only one that ever noticed? I would always go check to see that I had the latest version!
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#1725623 - 07/31/12 09:01 PM Re: CRA/HMDA FFIEC 2012 software update JJT
rocky Offline
We're an ISB so we're not required to submit our CRA loan data. We just use the free software for our own analysis purposes. I'm thinking it's not necessary for me to download the latest version.

Return to Top
#1781958 - 01/31/13 11:17 PM Re: CRA/HMDA FFIEC 2012 software update rocky
travelgirl Offline
100 Club
Minnesota
Need some help importing into the free CRA software.

We are now an ISB (and won't be large again for a while). I was using CRA wiz for submissions and reports but our contract ended last week. Prior to that I pulled a CRA.dat file (the same one used for submission) but dummy me forgot to pull my analysis reports.

Thought I could see what reports are available in the free stuff - I know it's not as robust, but thought I'd try anyhow. I also thought I could just import the .dat file.

I've tried and it imported my transmittal info and my 3 community development loans that were in my CRA Wiz file but none of the small business loan records are in the free software. What am I doing wrong?

I'm not overly concerned that my file isn't in the correct format - the gov't has been accepting it for years from Wiz. Of course the "help" section of the free software does nothing. Anyone have any ideas?

Return to Top
#1781962 - 01/31/13 11:29 PM Re: CRA/HMDA FFIEC 2012 software update JJT
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
Hopefully your extract is an unencrypted dat file. If it was extracted properly and contained your small business loans, they will import to the FFIEC software. I use it all the time.

When you import, it tells you how many records imported.

Open your dat file in Word, Wordpad, Notepad or Excel and see how many line items are in the date file. It should have the transmittal line, your AA, and your small business records.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#1781972 - 02/01/13 04:42 AM Re: CRA/HMDA FFIEC 2012 software update JJT
Len S Offline
Diamond Poster
Connecticut
The free FFIEC software will allow a batch import into the file but the file structure must match the standard file structure in the free software exactly with same headers and field order.

The free FFIEC software does have the ability to run some performance reports and it has edit check utility and export utility too. It doesn't have the bells and whistles in good commercial software like CRA Relief. But it can do the job and it's hard to beat the price!

Return to Top
#1782138 - 02/01/13 05:20 PM Re: CRA/HMDA FFIEC 2012 software update Kathleen O. Blanchard
travelgirl Offline
100 Club
Minnesota
Yes, the file is the unencrypted version. That's why I'm perplexed. It does tell me there are several hundred line items imported (also tells me there are some records that will be left out of the submission (because they are secured by RRE) but when I go in to the sofware and try to find them (I click on "update" in the Use Mode section, then on Small Business loans) it says "There are no loan records in this submission to update"...maybe I imported it wrong but my transmittal info and CD loan info is there. I think the data is there somewhere but maybe I'm retrieving it wrong???

I haven't used this software before so I must be doing something wrong. I'm certain the format is right because it's the same file I submitted already.

Another thing, when I'm in the update mode and I select either Transmittal Sheet or Assessment Area the info is there but there are two little boxes in the upper right corner. One says "Mode - Update" (thinking it's telling me I'm in the update mode, ok fine. The other says "Status - incomplete" - so maybe I've missed a step during the importing???
Last edited by travelgirl; 02/01/13 05:24 PM.
Return to Top