Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1778238 - 01/18/13 10:16 PM Bank Security Officer Training
Fabian Offline
New Poster
Hello,

I am wondering if anyone knows of a good training course or seminar for a new Bank Security Officer? Any guidance is appreciated. Thanks.

Return to Top
Security - PUBLIC
#1780112 - 01/25/13 11:10 PM Re: Bank Security Officer Training Fabian
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Have you checked the CDs available in teh Banker Store?
http://www.bankersonline.com/bankerstore...roducts_id=2146
Conducting Investigations for the Beginning Security Officer

http://www.bankersonline.com/bankerstore...roducts_id=1862
The Beginning Security Officer

http://www.bankersonline.com/bankerstore...roducts_id=2198
The Beginning Security Officer Series!

These are just a few I picked as there are many on specific topics, and videos as well.

And check out Bankers Hotline, http://www.bankersonline.com/bin/bh.html which is a subscription service and also hosts an annual security officers workshop.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#1780770 - 01/29/13 05:27 PM Re: Bank Security Officer Training Fabian
Fabian Offline
New Poster
Thank you, i will take a look.

Return to Top
#1782438 - 02/02/13 02:56 PM Re: Bank Security Officer Training Fabian
Dana Turner Offline

Platinum Poster
Dana Turner
Pipe Creek TX - U.S.
You might also check out the ICBA's Bank Security Institute at http://www.icba.org/events/eventdetail.cfm?EventID=262864

Return to Top
#1782444 - 02/02/13 09:00 PM Re: Bank Security Officer Training Fabian
Mary Beth Guard Offline
Platinum Poster
Mary Beth Guard
Oklahoma City, OK
Each year, typically in September, there is the Security Officers Workshop in Philadelphia. It is a two or three day event, with an optional pre-conference session geared toward the beginning security officer. It is offered both for an in-person audience, as well as live remote via streaming video. I think the upcoming year will be something like it's 16th year and I think I've attended at least 10 of them. It is always worthwhile.

As the time draws closer, you will see ads for it on BankersOnline. It's put on by one of the BOL founders and several BOL gurus are typically part of the faculty for it.

Return to Top
#1800286 - 04/02/13 05:21 AM Re: Bank Security Officer Training Fabian
Greg Offline
Platinum Poster
Michigan
I went to Philly about a year in to my roll as security officer. I'm now in year 16. I've been to countless meetings, webanars and conferences sice then but I still look at those three days as the foundation for everything that has followed.

Return to Top
#1802534 - 04/08/13 07:51 PM Re: Bank Security Officer Training Fabian
Dana Turner Offline

Platinum Poster
Dana Turner
Pipe Creek TX - U.S.
Folks,

The Security Officers Workshop is scheduled for October 8-10, 2013 at the Philadelphia Marriott. Many of BOL's and Bankers' Hotline's friends have asked lately, "When are we gonna have another one, now that Barbara's retired?"

I've been so privileged to work with Barbara, George and Mary Beth for most of my security career. And I'm privileged yet again. Barbara and George have asked me to continue this tradition of excellence. So -- this year -- I'll be your primary facilitator, moderator and guide. Barbara has promised to make an appearance, too.

We've already lined up some outstanding presenters and we're looking for more. We've paid attention to your past years' evaluations and we're considering several speaking proposals regarding a variety of topics.

Now it's your turn. If you have a particular topic that you'd like to be considered -- and/or a particular speaker that you'd like us to consider -- please email me at danaturner@email.com. Yep -- you get to help design this year's SOW. I'm looking forward to hearing from you . . .

Dana Turner

Return to Top
#1831879 - 07/10/13 08:48 PM Re: Bank Security Officer Training Fabian
Dana Turner Offline

Platinum Poster
Dana Turner
Pipe Creek TX - U.S.
Folks,

The Bankers' Hotline 2013 Security Officer Workshop program's ready to share! The agenda and registration information is now available – with more details coming soon (e.g., speaker bios and topic descriptions, etc.) Follow the link bankersonline.com/sow and get preliminary information, which will updated periodically. You're also welcome to call me -- 830-535-6500.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z