Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 27 of 52 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 51 52
Thread Options
#1729453 - 08/09/12 08:26 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
OMG! Just got my Pixel of Ink e-mail and there is a free Kindle book called "Fifty Shades of Silver Hair and Socks." It's a comical parody on the Fifty Shades books. Looks like there is more than one book in this series but they are all really short. 60-80 pages or so. May have to try this since it's free.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1729579 - 08/10/12 01:11 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
I saw that too! It gave me a chuckle.

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1729737 - 08/10/12 04:56 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Did you read any of the exceprt? There are several parodies out there plus a bedside guide. And a Fifty Shades guide for men and for women. Funny!

Return to Top
#1729740 - 08/10/12 04:58 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler Queen Mum
TINKerBell Offline
Power Poster
TINKerBell
Tiger's Den!
Just finished the new Fever....anyone else completed it yet?

Return to Top
#1729742 - 08/10/12 05:03 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
You mean the graphic novel?

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1729858 - 08/10/12 07:34 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler TINKerBell
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
Originally Posted By: TINKERBell
Just finished the new Fever....anyone else completed it yet?

No - dang Kindle price is still at $14.99. I boycot until $12.99. Stupid I know. But even stoopider that the line was at $9.99 until I had to raise it to $12.99 because of all the books on my "I need them bad" list were $12.99. grin But I swear I draw that line somewhere.

♥ :just because I can.

Return to Top
#1729876 - 08/10/12 08:14 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Fever Moon is at 12.99 now.

Return to Top
#1729881 - 08/10/12 08:24 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
I bought the printed version because my Kindle isn't color, and I felt it was worth it for a graphic novel. It's beautiful!

I'm really looking forward to ICED, which comes out in October. She keeps putting quotes and stuff on her facebook page, and man is it a tease!

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1729889 - 08/10/12 08:34 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler Queen Mum
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
Originally Posted By: Queen Mum
Fever Moon is at 12.99 now.

I can do that! Thanks QM.

Return to Top
#1730028 - 08/13/12 01:09 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler Queen Mum
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
OMG! Just got my Pixel of Ink e-mail and there is a free Kindle book called "Fifty Shades of Silver Hair and Socks." It's a comical parody on the Fifty Shades books. Looks like there is more than one book in this series but they are all really short. 60-80 pages or so. May have to try this since it's free.

Thanks for this, QM! I've now subscribed to Pixel of Ink and downloaded Fifty Shades of Silver Hair and Socks. I haven't started reading it yet, but will report back after I do. smile

Return to Top
#1730034 - 08/13/12 01:19 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler manimal
Loralie Offline
100 Club
Loralie
IL
Originally Posted By: manimal
I bought the printed version because my Kindle isn't color, and I felt it was worth it for a graphic novel. It's beautiful!

I'm really looking forward to ICED, which comes out in October. She keeps putting quotes and stuff on her facebook page, and man is it a tease!

And I can't wait for you to come visit again so I can see the pretty that is Fever Moon!! it's your turn to come here!! lol

Return to Top
#1730067 - 08/13/12 02:15 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler RR Becca
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Originally Posted By: RR Becca

Thanks for this, QM! I've now subscribed to Pixel of Ink and downloaded Fifty Shades of Silver Hair and Socks. I haven't started reading it yet, but will report back after I do. smile

Just finished all three Fifty Shades so maybe I will read this one next while it is still fresh on my mind.

Return to Top
#1730098 - 08/13/12 03:06 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler Loralie
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
Originally Posted By: Loralie

And I can't wait for you to come visit again so I can see the pretty that is Fever Moon!! it's your turn to come here!! lol

Werd! I wish things would calm down so we could plan a trip to see you! cry

P.S. I started a re-read of my favorite Stridey-man book. wink

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1731627 - 08/16/12 02:52 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
dottiec Offline
Gold Star
Some more books from my library Romance Newsletter- I haven't read any of them but here they are:

Breakaway
by Deirdre Martin
Published 2012 by Berkley

Jacket Notes:
Rory Brady was Ballycraig's golden boy, the local lad who moved to America and became a professional hockey player. But he broke his promise to Erin O'Brien-and never went back for her. Now Erin has moved on, and Rory must race the clock to prove to her that the man she fell in love with is still there. But can happy-go-lucky Erin risk it all and give another chance to the man who broke her heart?

Catch Me a Cowboy
by Katie Lane
Published 2012 by Forever

Once readers get past the good ol boy banter, theyll appreciate the rewarding, if not terribly deep, love story between high-spirited Shirlene Dalton and her redneck neighbor, Billy Bubba Wilkes, in Lanes third Deep in the Heart of Texas contemporary western. Nouveau riche Shirlene has to return to her trailer park roots when the bank forecloses on the ostentatious mansion she shared with her late oil baron husband. As she tries to get her home back, she also has to deal with the four foster children squatting in her ramshackle trailer. Bubba finds Shirlene amusing, but vows to avoid offering her a tour of Wilkesville because of his own questionable plans for the town of Bramble. He doesnt expect her tough exterior to reveal a tenderhearted, mothering woman just trying to make her way. This slow-paced story is perfect for a lazy summer afternoon. Agent: Laura Bradford, Bradford Literary Agency. (Apr.) Copyright 2012 Reed Business Information.
Publisher's Marketing Text:
Shirlene Dalton has it all: a dream marriage to a man who spoils her rotten and the most outrageous mansion Bramble, Texas, has ever seen. But when her husband unexpectedly dies, Shirlene finds herself right back where she started-in a rundown trailer on the wrong side of the tracks. Never the type to let a little bad luck and a whole heap of heartache get her down, Shirlene is ready to prove to the local gossips she can make it on her own . . . until she ends up living next door to the most tempting cowboy in town.
Billy Wilkes has a score to settle and a plan to wipe Bramble right off the map. But when his sexy, redheaded neighbor figures out what he's up to, his good ol' boy charm won't be enough to save him. With the town on his tail, Billy will have to come clean quick-or kiss Shirlene goodbye.

Seduction of Lady X
by Julia London
Published 2012 by Pocket Star Books

Jacket Notes:
The would-be Earl of Ashwood sets his romantic sights on a forbidden prize in the enchanting third novel from Julia London's addictively sexy new series.The surprising news that dashing steward Harrison Tolly, illegitimate son of the Earl of Ashwood, ""is the rightful heir to his father's estate comes at a most inopportune time. With a wedding on the horizon and a baby on the way, a new life of privilege and prestige would be a blessing but for one problem: his heart belongs to another woman.Harrison keeps his desires for his employer's wife, Lady Olivia Carey, so hidden that even she does not know of his devotion. Her callous husband, Marquis Carey, went into a rampage after Olivia's troublesome younger sister returned from her tour of Spain pregnant, and Harrison impulsively stepped in to save the entire family from scandal. Now, like Olivia, he is trapped in a loveless arrangement. When a tragic accident claims the marquis' life soon thereafter, can Harrison seize his chance and cast aside one sister for another? Or will doing so expose the Carey family's darkest secret--and ruin his only chance to win Olivia's heart?

Coming Up Roses
by Catherine Anderson
Published 2012 by Signet Book

Jacket Notes:
The bestselling author of the Comanche trilogy sets this bittersweet, highly charged romance in the Oregon territory. Widow Kate Blakely knew nothing of love, and when she met her new neighbor, Zachariah McGovern, all she saw was danger. But Zach saw much more. Reissue. From "New York Times" bestselling author Catherine Anderson comes the emotionally gripping story of a woman who must overcome her painful past before she can accept a good man's love...

1890, Oregon. Recently widowed Kate Blakely is struggling to make ends meet on her small farm while trying to heal from the scars of her late husband's cruelty. When her handsome, brawny neighbor, Zachariah McGovern, almost dies while saving her four-year-old daughter from a near fatal accident, Kate is deeply wary of the man she brings into her home to nurse back to health.

Gradually Kate realizes that underneath Zach's rough exterior is a gentle, loving soul who is fiercely protective of her and her daughter. But as much as Zach longs for Kate's love, she knows she can't open her heart without revealing her darkest secret--a shocking truth that, if discovered, could destroy them both.

Return to Top
#1733560 - 08/22/12 12:58 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
Gena Showalter just released the title of Kane's book (Lords of the Underworld)!!!!!

The Darkest Craving

http://members.genashowalter.com/profiles/blogs/kane-s-book

Release date looks like next summer? She said July/August.

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1733635 - 08/22/12 02:48 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler manimal
Loralie Offline
100 Club
Loralie
IL
Gena Showalter just released the title of Kane's book (Lords of the Underworld)!!!!!

The Darkest Craving

http://members.genashowalter.com/profiles/blogs/kane-s-book

Release date looks like next summer? She said July/August.

::BOL LIKE Button::

Return to Top
#1734249 - 08/23/12 04:25 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
I am about to finish Zsadist's book... and while I enjoyed the first two BDB books, this one made me shocked and laugh many times! He's my favorite so far.

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1734262 - 08/23/12 04:46 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler RR Becca
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK

I started it. Pretty corny. Wouldn't spend money on it, that's for sure!

Return to Top
#1734269 - 08/23/12 04:50 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler manimal
ItNeverEnds CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
Looking for my sanity
I am about to finish Zsadist's book... and while I enjoyed the first two BDB books, this one made me shocked and laugh many times! He's my favorite so far.

Oh yeah, Zsadist was my fav. Until I got to Rhevenge, now it's a toss up on my fav smile

Return to Top
#1734277 - 08/23/12 04:56 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
I'm still trying to figure Rhev out... this book hasn't revealed too much about him yet, although I was pretty excited to see him go drug-less when he thought he would be fighting with a lesser.

And is John who I think he is? He can't see Mary without physically freaking out.

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1737042 - 08/31/12 12:22 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
I am now completely sucked in by Lara Adrian's Breed series. Anyone looking for a slightly different twist on vampire smut - here you go (fair warning, there are some echoes of BDB).

Return to Top
#1737046 - 08/31/12 12:23 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
The Minion Offline
Platinum Poster
The Minion
I just picked up the first 2 from Lara Adrian. Happy to hear a good review.

Return to Top
#1737058 - 08/31/12 12:41 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler RR Becca
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
(fair warning, there are some echoes of BDB).

YUM.

I just finished Vishous's book last night. He and Butch are my favorite couple. laugh laugh laugh

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1737107 - 08/31/12 01:42 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler manimal
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
I enjoyed the Midnight Breed series. I also read her Dragon Chalice trilogy that she wrote as Tina St. John. I liked it but not quite as much as the Midnight Breeds.

Return to Top
#1737621 - 09/04/12 03:13 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
Just started Rhev's book yesterday. I want him to let his "other side" out! I have a feeling he can kick some major butt.

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
Page 27 of 52 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 51 52