Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1787620 - 02/20/13 05:05 PM Employee internal bank accounts
sway Offline
100 Club
We are having some employees overdrafting and using their bounce protection excessivly. We have spoken to these employees and have found out they are having financial issues.

Senior Management wants to get rid of bounce protection on all employee accounts as well as any joint accounts an employee is tied to. We have an employee whose account was written up for excessive overdrafts and now she moves all of her money to an account she has with her father.

I'm concerned with this. Does this raise any red flags for you all? It seems to be taking away a persons right to opt in just because they are tied to an employee. Feedback and any experience with this would be great.

Return to Top
Human Resources
#1788087 - 02/21/13 06:58 PM Re: Employee internal bank accounts sway
BFrame Offline
Gold Star
BFrame
USA
I've seen people terminated because of overdrafts on their personal account.

I think someone working for a bank, having financial problems can create quite a problem.

If the father has a problem with BP being removed from the account he shares with his daughter, he is welcome to open an account in his name only, right?

If the father is on an account that's considered an "employee account," and experiences a negative impact because of it (and he expresses his dissatisfaction), then extend an offer to open an individual account.

Return to Top
#1790487 - 03/01/13 02:50 PM Re: Employee internal bank accounts sway
Midnight Offline
Midnight
Upper Mid West
We do not allow employees to have bounce protection on their accounts. We would allow the fathers account to have bounce protection even with the daughter (employee) on the account. These accounts are monitored as part of the employee account monitoring program.

Overdrafts are reported to the President and HR director monthly and if excessive then it is addressed with the employee. It would be a red flag for me if daughter is using fathers account just so she has access to bounce protection. I would increase my monitoring and would report this to the president and HR director for any furhter action or conversations with the employee.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, Gayla Sherry