Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#179044 - 04/13/04 02:23 PM Creepy Crawly Bug!!
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Well, right after I told Skittles I wished the Bug would start going forward, I went home and she WAS. She's not very fast, but she's most definitely crawling forwards now. Yay!! (Apparently we were all late crawlers/walkers as babies, so she seems to come by it honestly.)

I got some great shots of her in her Easter dress, will post one if I get a chance tonight.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#179045 - 04/13/04 02:27 PM Re: Creepy Crawly Bug!!
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
That's great EGB! Next is walking and all sorts of mischief!

Return to Top
#179046 - 04/13/04 02:33 PM Re: Creepy Crawly Bug!!
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
My son didn't start walking until about a week before he turned 1! Congratulations on the 'Bugs' accomplishment. Now you'll definitely have to be keeping a very close eye on her. It's amazing how quickly they can move when you turn your head.

Return to Top
#179047 - 04/13/04 02:36 PM Re: Creepy Crawly Bug!!
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
And how they instinctively head for the one thing in the room they're not supposed to mess with!!

Return to Top
#179048 - 04/13/04 02:48 PM Re: Creepy Crawly Bug!!
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
An aside - I saw my niece over the weekend with her 16 month old daughter. They have taught Anna (the 16 month old) some sign language so she'll be able to communicate a little bit before she talks. She says 'please', 'more', 'I want' and several other things. I think it is a great idea!

Return to Top
#179049 - 04/13/04 04:55 PM Re: Creepy Crawly Bug!!
Angel Eyes Offline
Power Poster
Angel Eyes
How exciting! It pains me to know end when people say "just wait until they can move....then your life will be difficult." (or at least something to that effect ) I always reply that I sure hope that my child(ren) can walk etc. because it is such a blessing. Just ask those with a disability which prevents them from moving on their own.

Enough of my soapbox I guess! I am so excited for you and the little June Bug! BTW the twins have been crawling since February and are really quick especially if you leave the TV remote within reach

Return to Top
#179050 - 04/13/04 05:01 PM Re: Creepy Crawly Bug!!
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
LOL. What really motivated her, I think, was the opportunity to get to my shoes. Great, another shoe fetish in the family. Can a Nordstrom's card be far behind?!

Return to Top
#179051 - 04/13/04 05:02 PM Re: Creepy Crawly Bug!!
Busy Bee, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
PacificNW
With my child, and those of my friends, I notice how easily their little heads find the corner of every possible table, desk, wall, counter, and so on, and so on. My child always had a bruise on his forehead once he became mobile. It pains me to see them get hurt like that.

Return to Top
#179052 - 04/13/04 06:04 PM Re: Creepy Crawly Bug!!
TDW Offline
Gold Star
How old is she now? It amazes me how different my boys were when it came to crawling/walking..the oldest was walking at nine months and the youngest didn't start till a week before he turned one. If you don't mind me asking, what is your daughters name? We still havn't decieded on a name for the one that is due in 11 weeks!! Yeah!! Oh well, maybe he won't be named till he arrives.

Return to Top
#179053 - 04/13/04 06:05 PM Re: Creepy Crawly Bug!!
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Witch Hazel for bumps and bruises (not open cuts). Age old cure that really works! A window sash crashed down on my hand and after soaking in a sinkful there was just a faint bit of purple and NO swelling.

You can get the liquid at any drug store. Soak a washcloth and hold it on...if you can get them to sit still. Better yet, go to Vermont Witch Hazel Co. online and order the gel. Dab it on and let them go. They also have individual towellettes like wet ones that we never leave home without.

Return to Top
#179054 - 04/13/04 06:57 PM Re: Creepy Crawly Bug!!
TDW Offline
Gold Star
Wow! Witch hazel...never knew..that sounds like a great idea! Now I won't have to keep putting off pictures for my 2 year old, he always has bruises on his forehead! I'm lucky our pediatrician knows our family...I'd probably have DHS on our doorstep!

Return to Top
#179055 - 04/13/04 07:32 PM Re: Creepy Crawly Bug!!
Countess Kiwi Offline
Diamond Poster
Minnesota
Oh what fun times. Our girls didn't crawl until around 8 months and then didn't walk until their first birthdays. Who knows what the next one will be like.

Return to Top
#179056 - 04/13/04 07:39 PM Re: Creepy Crawly Bug!!
Jayda's Mom Offline
100 Club
North
Quote:

With my child, and those of my friends, I notice how easily their little heads find the corner of every possible table, desk, wall, counter, and so on, and so on. My child always had a bruise on his forehead once he became mobile. It pains me to see them get hurt like that.

My daughter turned one on Sunday. She's been walking for almost a month now. I've heard that boys usually walk before girls. (Old wives tale, I'm sure!)

Anyways, every since she started walking her forehead has been full of bruises. I just couldn't wait until she started walking and now I just want her to sit still. I hate to see her fall and get hurt.

Return to Top
#179057 - 04/13/04 07:45 PM Re: Creepy Crawly Bug!!
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
My boy was walking at 10 months and he's now almost 18 months. Let's just say I have not sat for more than 2 minutes since he started walking. Everyone always asks how I've lost so much weight, the answer is easy, my toddler is walking.

Return to Top
#179058 - 04/13/04 07:46 PM Re: Creepy Crawly Bug!!
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Here are some Easter pix of Miss Julia! Three of about 80..... But I won't make you sit through all of them. She's 10 months now, hard to believe where the time went.

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b3762315a4cb

Return to Top
#179059 - 04/13/04 07:47 PM Re: Creepy Crawly Bug!!
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
EGB, how precious. What beautiful blue eyes and those cheeks!!!!

Return to Top
#179060 - 04/13/04 07:50 PM Re: Creepy Crawly Bug!!
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Nobody can accuse us of starving her, anyways.

Return to Top
#179061 - 04/13/04 07:51 PM Re: Creepy Crawly Bug!!
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
My son was the exact same way, always off the charts at Drs. appts. Now that he's been walking awhile, he lost his chubbiness and actually didn't gain any weight in between his 15 and 18 months checkups.

Return to Top
#179062 - 04/13/04 07:51 PM Re: Creepy Crawly Bug!!
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
I love the one where she's sitting on the grass... she almost looks like a little flower herself!

Return to Top
#179063 - 04/13/04 07:53 PM Re: Creepy Crawly Bug!!
Countess Kiwi Offline
Diamond Poster
Minnesota
She is precious. Don't you love those Easter dresses!

Return to Top
#179064 - 04/13/04 07:53 PM Re: Creepy Crawly Bug!!
La. Lady Offline
Diamond Poster
La. Lady
Quote:

LOL. What really motivated her, I think, was the opportunity to get to my shoes. Great, another shoe fetish in the family. Can a Nordstrom's card be far behind?!

We have one of those too....My 11 month old granddaughter. She loves shoes....no matter how smelly.......

She hasn't started to walk yet......Her mother is hoping that will be soon...because the 2nd child will be here in May.....and 2 on the hips....well.......

I hope she walks soon....in a way...But right now, she loves to be held...and I love to hold her......

Return to Top
#179065 - 04/13/04 07:56 PM Re: Creepy Crawly Bug!!
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Just beautiful!

Return to Top
#179066 - 04/13/04 08:53 PM Re: Creepy Crawly Bug!!
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
EGB,

She is a cutie! Love those blue eyes. My 18 month old son also loves shoes. He takes my dress shoes and walks all over the house with them on. It is really cute until I am getting ready for work and can only find one shoe! We got him his first pair of sunglasses for easter, as soon as they go on he gets this devilish grin and hops on his tricycle!

Return to Top
#179067 - 04/13/04 09:24 PM Re: Creepy Crawly Bug!!
GreatBlue Offline
Diamond Poster
GreatBlue
Colorado
Oh! What an adorable little girl!

Return to Top
#179068 - 04/13/04 09:56 PM Re: Creepy Crawly Bug!!
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Oh darn, that site is filtered by our spy network (yet oddly I can buy wine online from the office and visit the midget XXX sites...)

I was at my dearest friends house this weekend. Her little darling just started crawling and he can stand if you lean him against something (he's about a foot or two tall...however old that is) I always wondered why she has this cool new furniture, but a coffee table that is a huge hidious old wicker basket in terrible shape. When he tumbled into it with the toys I figured it out

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2