Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1790780 - 03/01/13 08:48 PM Repeat SAR filing timeframes from FinCEN
girlsrope2 Offline
100 Club
girlsrope2
Land of Capitalism
I am looking for the specific location of the FinCEN publication that was referred to at BSA Top Gun where repeat SAR filings are for the 90 period but have additional 30 days to get the report filed. Please help!

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1790792 - 03/01/13 08:59 PM Re: Repeat SAR filing timeframes from FinCEN girlsrope2
Doug Hendrickson Offline
Power Poster
Doug Hendrickson

Return to Top
#1790796 - 03/01/13 09:06 PM Re: Repeat SAR filing timeframes from FinCEN girlsrope2
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Remember, your presenter was trying to encourage attendees to look at the SAR publications when they come out, saying that sometimes they contained some good stuff? wink Later, he mentioned that the change was actually reiterated in the most recent set of SAR instructions:

4. Continuing Reports: A continuing report should be filed on suspicious activity that continues after an initial FinCEN SAR is filed. Financial institutions with SAR requirements may file SARs for continuing activity after a 90 day review with the filing deadline being 120 days after the date of the previously related SAR filing. Financial institutions may also file SARs on continuing activity earlier than the 120 day deadline if the institution believes the activity warrants earlier review by law enforcement.

Return to Top
#1790800 - 03/01/13 09:10 PM Re: Repeat SAR filing timeframes from FinCEN girlsrope2
girlsrope2 Offline
100 Club
girlsrope2
Land of Capitalism
Thanks so much.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z