Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1785830 - 02/13/13 09:25 PM New SAR Format - Print Friendly Vendor
lgc Offline
New Poster
Our vendor does not want to create a print friendly version of the new SAR format to keep in our files, since they say all SARs are submitted electronically. I understand we're in an electronic world but I would still like to have the capability to produce a paper copy that looks like the new SAR format. (They have provided us with a printout of line items listed in each section but it's not in a user friendly format either.)What are other users experiencing as you update your software for the new SAR format? Are you still going to have the ability to print something that looks like the new SAR?

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1785908 - 02/14/13 12:33 AM Re: New SAR Format lgc
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I'm contemplating the same issue for some of my banks as it is going to make auditing a real challenge, especially with my poor eyesight.

Return to Top
#1785988 - 02/14/13 02:30 PM Re: New SAR Format lgc
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Can you not print it as a PDF? I thought that was what FinCen said during their early webinars on the new forms.

Return to Top
#1786004 - 02/14/13 02:54 PM Re: New SAR Format E.E.G.B
lgc Offline
New Poster
No we will not have a pdf.

Return to Top
#1786097 - 02/14/13 04:18 PM Re: New SAR Format lgc
CantBeShocked Offline
Gold Star
MS
Our vendor provides a PDF version that is very similar to the FinCEN PDF.

Return to Top
#1786152 - 02/14/13 05:06 PM Re: New SAR Format lgc
lgc Offline
New Poster
Can you share who your vendor is?

Return to Top
#1788491 - 02/22/13 05:49 PM Re: New SAR Format lgc
CantBeShocked Offline
Gold Star
MS
Global Vision's Patriot Officer

Return to Top
#1788575 - 02/22/13 08:06 PM Re: New SAR Format lgc
MagicCity Offline

Power Poster
MagicCity
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
I can get a copy with my AML vendor also: Bankers Toolbox.

Return to Top
#1788718 - 02/23/13 12:26 AM Re: New SAR Format - Print Friendly Vendor lgc
DebL Offline
Gold Star
CA
LGC - would you mind sharing who your vendor is? I'm in the process of requesting approval to switch vendors and am wondering if yours is the one I'm looking at. You can PM me if you don't want to post it.

Thanks!

Return to Top
#1788811 - 02/25/13 03:37 PM Re: New SAR Format - Print Friendly Vendor lgc
lgc Offline
New Poster
Fiserv FCRM

Return to Top
#1789955 - 02/27/13 11:55 PM Re: New SAR Format - Print Friendly Vendor lgc
DebL Offline
Gold Star
CA
Thank you!

Return to Top
#1790755 - 03/01/13 08:32 PM Re: New SAR Format - Print Friendly Vendor lgc
McGruff Offline
Gold Star
McGruff
Texas
We batch file, and the report is the same non-user friendly format that has been mentioned. I haven't printed out a CTR, except for examiner use, in well over a year. I check the reports now for error notifications, and file them away. When the examiners ask for CTRs in the future, I'll be happy to give them what was provided to us, but I'm not going to the time/expense/effort to have the vendor create a "pretty" CTR print out. Unless they force us to, that is.....

Return to Top
#1790791 - 03/01/13 08:57 PM Re: New SAR Format - Print Friendly Vendor McGruff
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Quote:
When the examiners ask for CTRs in the future, I'll be happy to give them what was provided to us...

You won't be alone.

A couple decades ago Treasury told the regulators, in writing, not to review CTRs then direct banks to file individual corrections. The explanation was pretty simple: We see them all. If we want something corrected we will direct the filer to correct it. (Yes, I know that not every error would be obvious to them, but I assume Treasury knew that that too.) Nevertheless, over time, regulators returned to the practice of reviewing individual CTRs in smaller institutions simply because they are low hanging fruit, easy to review and easy to criticize.

Now, the report has more than 100 automated error codes. Perhaps FinCEN will send examiners another memo that says: Your time could be better spent.

Banks are clearly required to keep and to be able to produce the data, not the reports. I realize this thread was originally about SARs, but it's not necessarily a positive that a vendor can print a pseudo CTR: If you give a mouse a cookie, he's going to want a glass of milk.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z