Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1791047 - 03/04/13 04:36 PM Advocare
Dlynn58 Offline
Platinum Poster
Texas
Has anyone ever done the 24 day advocare challenge or taken any of their products for weight loss? It is very popular in this area and I just wanted some input if any of you have tried it?

Return to Top
#1791063 - 03/04/13 05:18 PM Re: Advocare Dlynn58
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
A CU, Where Regs Don't Apply
I'm not a big fan of this program, but I have some indirect experience.

It's gotten popular around here in the last 9-12 months, we have several "representatives" here at work that sell the stuff. There have been mixed results, some have seen results, though most haven't been tremendous transformations like they were expecting. What was lost was (in my opinion) likely related to doing a good job of following their diet plan, which is actually fairly reasonable. I did a fairly in-depth review of their program to decide if we would qualify it as a program that could be used within our company's wellness program.

I know it's expensive, and if you want to keep the weight off, the maintenance pills/drinks are even worse. But, if seeing 15 pounds drop off in a few weeks will motivate you to change your lifestyle, and you can get off of their "program" afterwards and move to something else combining exercise and healthy eating, well, more power to you then! Just be cautious, it's not a magic bullet. It's like any other lose-it-quick program, it'll come right back if you aren't careful.

Return to Top
#1791065 - 03/04/13 05:19 PM Re: Advocare Dlynn58
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
The Sovereign State Of Oklahom...
I have taken the products and have no gripes.
I know two that have done the challenge. One did very well the other not as much. Wanna guess which one was more motivated? smile

Return to Top
#1791093 - 03/04/13 06:22 PM Re: Advocare Dlynn58
Dlynn58 Offline
Platinum Poster
Texas
It seems that a lot of my friends on fb are raving about the pounds and inches they have lost. I think I would do good on a plan, and this would possibly jump start me to better eating habits. It is a little pricey, but that just motivates me more to stick with it. Thanks for your the input. smile

Return to Top
#1791113 - 03/04/13 07:07 PM Re: Advocare Dlynn58
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
The products are fine (provided you are not allergic to shell fish). They contain what they say and the medium that they are suspended in is fairly digestible (some cheaper vitamins and supplements have all the stuff they claim but a poor, indigestible medium so most of the ingredients leave the body unused).
The biggest factor is always you. Most of the failures that I have seen are do to the person, not the product.
Dont start until you are well motivated.
Dont start until you are willing to think about changes beyond the short term.
Have reasonable expectations of the product and yourself. you could have the best nutrtion, best facility and all the steroids on the planet and they will serve you no good until you are ready to work at it.
Success at this takes the rest of your life. Fortunately, that's exactly how long you have. smile
Wishing you the very best success!

Return to Top
#1791126 - 03/04/13 07:18 PM Re: Advocare Dlynn58
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
instead of spending money of fad diets and their food supplements, go buy a good pair of running shoes or a bike with that same money, and hit the pavement every day. Watch what you eat, limit or eliminate soda, candy, sugary snacks...and drink 1 ounce of water for every 2 pounds of your weight every day...

Return to Top
#1791207 - 03/04/13 09:28 PM Re: Advocare HappyGilmore
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
Originally Posted By: HappyGilmore
instead of spending money of fad diets and their food supplements, go buy a good pair of running shoes or a bike with that same money, and hit the pavement every day. Watch what you eat, limit or eliminate soda, candy, sugary snacks...and drink 1 ounce of water for every 2 pounds of your weight every day...

What he said.

Return to Top
#1791221 - 03/04/13 09:54 PM Re: Advocare Dlynn58
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Hitting the pavement every day could result in ankle, knee and hip "issues" after a lifetime of that pavement.

And stay out of the stilletos!

Sorry, I couldn't resist kids, you know I hate running and exercise!

Return to Top
#1791248 - 03/04/13 10:39 PM Re: Advocare Dlynn58
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
We should be taking advice from you on how to live to a ripe old age anyway!

Is it the usual? Scotch and cigars every day, with plenty of red meat? wink

Return to Top
#1791300 - 03/05/13 01:15 PM Re: Advocare Dlynn58
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
My grandfather and great grandfather both lived to 99 and drank some stuff that made everclear seem like coors lite. They called it fire water. And the diet of red meat and white potatos?

CAMS

Return to Top
#1791341 - 03/05/13 03:03 PM Re: Advocare edAudit
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
Originally Posted By: EdAudit
My grandfather and great grandfather both lived to 99 and drank some stuff that made everclear seem like coors lite. They called it fire water. And the diet of red meat and white potatos?

Probably ate what they grew and what they killed. Worked hard and slept well. Their water wasnt fluoridated and their air was clean.
I would guess that their cell phone usage was minimal, so no brain tumors. smile
Last edited by Bankbb1, PITA; 03/05/13 03:04 PM.

Return to Top
#1791359 - 03/05/13 03:18 PM Re: Advocare Dlynn58
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
Not to mention they walked uphill in the snow, both ways, with no shoes, so they were tough!

Return to Top
#1791372 - 03/05/13 03:34 PM Re: Advocare Dlynn58
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
And we didn't have any wimpy laptop computers either! Our computers weighed about 1000 lbs apiece! Had to drag the extension cord all the way to school! Arrggh!
laugh

Return to Top
#1791394 - 03/05/13 04:05 PM Re: Advocare Dlynn58
ecrew,CRCM Offline
100 Club
ecrew,CRCM
Fl
My SIL's niece and nephew are distributors. They use the products themselves and feel very strongly about them. My SIL did the challenge and lost 13lbs and did the challenge only lost 6lbs but I did lose 3 inches around my waist.

My question to them, was what do you do after the 24days? Their answer, continue to do what you learn during the challenge. With or without the supplments. The challange is just teaching you how to change your eating lifestyle and start exercising. For my SIL and myself, we did not exercise, and still lost. I am now trying to incoporate the exercising into a daily routine. I did purchase more of the shakes, because they taste good. I have a hard time with protein shakes, so I'm staying with I like.

Everybody's diffrent. I lost 20lbs on weight watchers. But what is weight watchers, portion control and choosing the right foods. Advocare is teaching the same thing.

Return to Top
#1791631 - 03/05/13 08:46 PM Re: Advocare Dlynn58
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
I think the main thing is to find something to break the addiction to sugar. Processed sugar is so prevalent in our diet now, more than it ever has been in the past. The insidious part is, the more sugar you consume, the more you want. Your body recognizes the sugar as a high energy fuel and seeks to conserve it (in the form of fat) because it doesn't know what else to do with it. It sounds like this product provides a way to break away from the sugar train.

I found the same benefit with cinnamon and coconut oil. That combination has worked very well for me. Others might need a more structured approach. The key is to undo all of the bad habits that have been ingrained in us since the day we started eating sugary breakfast cereal as kids and continued with soda, candy, and fast food. We all did not realize what an addictive drug all of this was, and it is as much of a physical addiction as it is a mental and emotional one.

Return to Top
#1792223 - 03/07/13 05:19 AM Re: Advocare Dlynn58
Becka Marr Offline
Power Poster
Becka Marr
I did Advocare's 24-day challenge once. I got the most benefit from the initial 10-day herbal cleanse, and the Spark energy drink. The rest didn't do much for me, and I'd rather eat healthy real food than MRP shakes.

They market their products as a 'lifestlye' - they want to get you hooked by promising rapid results so that you'll continue buying their stuff. It it not something they intend for you to do once and be finished.

Also, a lot of supplement products - including Advocare - are aimed at people who want to perform at a professional athletic level. That doesn't include most of us just doing our thing at the gym a few times a week.

Return to Top
#1792292 - 03/07/13 03:21 PM Re: Advocare Dlynn58
Ready to Retire Offline
Diamond Poster
Living in the land of Oz
My daughter and son-in-law are distributors and are quite adamant about the benefits. I have remained skeptical but she lost 20 lbs and has kept it off so it appears it works for her. My son-in-law has lost some weight too but I am not sure how much. They both say they feel so much better. One of their friends lost 60 lb. I am allergic to seafood so that is another reason I have not tried it.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett