Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#1790850 - 03/01/13 10:16 PM Re: Legal battle over transgender restroom usage HappyGilmore
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
Originally Posted By: HappyGilmore
Originally Posted By: swiggles
One of my good friends had a child like that. When the girl was old enough to know what underwear is, she refused to wear frilly girl underwear (panties) and insisted on boys underwear. As she got older....always kept her hair cut really short.....played soccer in high school with my daughter....now lives with her female "partner." This personal experience has taught me that people ARE born with their gender identities.

oh, sure, soccer made her gay! wink

in reality, this doesn't sound like a gender identity issue at all
My point is that she was born thinking and feeling as a boy. Though I DID note your winky face.
Last edited by swiggles; 03/01/13 10:17 PM.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1790854 - 03/01/13 10:18 PM Re: Legal battle over transgender restroom usage swiggles
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
One of my good friends had a child like that. When the girl was old enough to know what underwear is, she refused to wear frilly girl underwear (panties) and insisted on boys underwear. As she got older....always kept her hair cut really short.....played soccer in high school with my daughter....now lives with her female "partner." This personal experience has taught me that people ARE born with their gender identities.

My point is that she was born thinking and feeling as a boy. Though I DID note your winky face.

nah, the soccer thing did it laugh

CAMS

Return to Top
#1790855 - 03/01/13 10:19 PM Re: Legal battle over transgender restroom usage Jafo
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
Originally Posted By: Jafo
The solution is simple: anyone can use any bathroom, just put stalls and urinals in them all and be done with it.
There are "family" restrooms at the mall....anyone can go in them and yes.....each stall is a closet like room with a locking door....no one can look over or under the walls.

Return to Top
#1790857 - 03/01/13 10:23 PM Re: Legal battle over transgender restroom usage edAudit
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
Originally Posted By: EdAudit

nah, the soccer thing did it laugh

I am going to admit something here. As a young adult (20's) I played in the very first adult soccer league here. After a couple of years, my friend and I were invited to play with the team that won city every year. Yes....my friend and I were fine, fine players.....gotta say THAT in advance. Well, we played on this team for two seasons and then discovered (can't remember how) that the rest of the team was getting together for parties and happy hours and such and leaving my friend and me out. Come to find out....every stinkin' one of 'em were gay. My friend and I were already married so they just excluded us.
Last edited by swiggles; 03/01/13 10:25 PM.

Return to Top
#1790862 - 03/01/13 10:34 PM Re: Legal battle over transgender restroom usage waldensouth
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: waldensouth
They don't put doors on the stalls of the bathrooms here - not for middle school or high school.

prisons do this too

Return to Top
#1790868 - 03/01/13 10:54 PM Re: Legal battle over transgender restroom usage Retired DQ
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
yes, soccer doesn't care if you are gay, straight, or transgender...just that you love the game...no questions from coaches about fake girlfriends here...

Return to Top
#1790872 - 03/01/13 11:03 PM Re: Legal battle over transgender restroom usage HappyGilmore
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
yes, soccer doesn't care if you are gay, straight, or transgender...just that you love the game...no questions from coaches about fake girlfriends here...
'Ya know........during my 30 years of playing the sport, some of my best friends were gay.

Return to Top
#1790873 - 03/01/13 11:09 PM Re: Legal battle over transgender restroom usage Retired DQ
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
You know, there is a boy's bathroom, and a girl's bathroom.

This child is neither. Biologically, he is a boy, however, she dresses and acts like a girl.

It's not the schools fault that she isn't fitting in either the girl's group or the boy's group, it is her family's issue. They aren't forcing him to refuse to use the bathroom of the gender he has the parts for, that's his decision. Sorry, if they let a boy who dresses like a girl start going in to the girls bathroom, EVERY young boy is going to do it to get a peek!

Must all locations provide "Transgendered" bathrooms now?

Return to Top
#1791272 - 03/05/13 12:54 AM Re: Legal battle over transgender restroom usage Retired DQ
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Hmmm..., and when my daughter was in High School, I had to send in a complaint just to let her use ANY bathroom. Seems they kept most of the girls bathrooms locked because they didn't have the money for maintenance. Well great, except that left about 12 functioning toilets for a school with about 2,000 girls. And that meant my daughter could line up to use the bathroom at the beginning of her lunch time and STILL not get to use the bathroom by the time the bell rang for the next class. The boys bathrooms were NOT locked.

So when she got a nasty note from school about being late for the class right after lunch, I lost my patience and threatened to start a Title 9 action if they kept it up.

They didn't.

Return to Top
#1791347 - 03/05/13 03:04 PM Re: Legal battle over transgender restroom usage Retired DQ
Jafo Offline
Gold Star
Jafo
State of Confusion
Abolish all bathrooms, just give each kid a red hazmat bag and be done with it.

Return to Top
#1791362 - 03/05/13 03:20 PM Re: Legal battle over transgender restroom usage Retired DQ
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
The Sovereign State Of Oklahom...
OKC Schools are going to all uniforms for every school.
Just add Depends to the uniform.

And some air fresheners maybe. smile

Return to Top
#1791368 - 03/05/13 03:26 PM Re: Legal battle over transgender restroom usage Princess Romeo
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
Originally Posted By: Princess Romeo
Seems they kept most of the girls bathrooms locked because they didn't have the money for maintenance.

One of our HS campus's was like that. I remember having to wander around several floors before finding an unlocked bathroom. crazy At least we had stall doors, though. eek

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1791378 - 03/05/13 03:42 PM Re: Legal battle over transgender restroom usage manimal
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By: manimal
Originally Posted By: Princess Romeo
Seems they kept most of the girls bathrooms locked because they didn't have the money for maintenance.

One of our HS campus's was like that. I remember having to wander around several floors before finding an unlocked bathroom. crazy At least we had stall doors, though. eek

Boys room or girls room? laugh

CAMS

Return to Top
#1791381 - 03/05/13 03:45 PM Re: Legal battle over transgender restroom usage Retired DQ
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Schools should be designed so that all types get their own water closet! Money should be no object, everyone should be accepted and welcome. GLBT, what difference does it make.

Return to Top
#1791395 - 03/05/13 04:06 PM Re: Legal battle over transgender restroom usage Pale Rider
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
Originally Posted By: Pale Rider
Schools should be designed so that all types get their own water closet! Money should be no object, everyone should be accepted and welcome. GLBT, what difference does it make.
I'm with you Pale. But money is an object. Schools can't afford to have law enforcement keep kids safe....so definitely no money for separate water closets. Ha....gotta get used to that term for my trip to England.

Return to Top
#1791397 - 03/05/13 04:09 PM Re: Legal battle over transgender restroom usage edAudit
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
Originally Posted By: EdAudit
Boys room or girls room? laugh

mad
laugh

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1791421 - 03/05/13 04:42 PM Re: Legal battle over transgender restroom usage Retired DQ
Purple Pride Offline
Purple Pride
Where I am supposed to be
Just make all the bathrooms unisex then there won't be any issues. What is the worst that could happen? smirk laugh

Return to Top
#1791437 - 03/05/13 04:55 PM Re: Legal battle over transgender restroom usage Retired DQ
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
Here, teachers have cafeteria duty and hall duty, etc. Put "bathroom monitors" (teachers) in bathrooms during passing periods.

Kidding.....I think teachers should only teach, lead and counsel.

Return to Top
#1791480 - 03/05/13 05:34 PM Re: Legal battle over transgender restroom usage Purple Pride
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Originally Posted By: Purple Pride
Just make all the bathrooms unisex then there won't be any issues. What is the worst that could happen? smirk laugh
:stares:

Quote:
My poor thread

laugh

Return to Top
#1793912 - 03/12/13 07:31 PM Re: Legal battle over transgender restroom usage Retired DQ
Rie A Offline
Platinum Poster
Rie A
Maryland
If all of the schools to go uniforms of just polos and slacks, that that should take care of the transgender issue. Everyone, regardless of gender/gender issue, will dress the same, so you will then be required to use the bathroom that your physical body parts indicate are appropriate. Issue settled.

Actually, uniforms settle multiple issues.

Return to Top
#1793951 - 03/12/13 08:17 PM Re: Legal battle over transgender restroom usage Retired DQ
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
the only issue that uniforms settle is there is no competition by the kids to outdress each other...

Return to Top
#1793956 - 03/12/13 08:22 PM Re: Legal battle over transgender restroom usage Retired DQ
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
A CU, Where Regs Don't Apply
Depends on if they allow you the ability to buy the acceptable items from any source, or require from one specific vendor. If choice is allowed, then the kids in the more expensive brands still win!

<-- product of 4 years of uniform wearing, angry nun employing Catholic school. No more thankfully, or I'd have far less of my sanity than I do now!

Return to Top
#1793959 - 03/12/13 08:25 PM Re: Legal battle over transgender restroom usage Retired DQ
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
There's always accessories! Women always find a way to compete.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#1793963 - 03/12/13 08:29 PM Re: Legal battle over transgender restroom usage Retired DQ
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
JuniorGilmore's old junior high had a strict uniform policy, only 1 type of polo and 1 type of t-shirt allowed, both purchased solely from school. Girls could wear skirts (yep, purchased form school) or tan khaki pants/shorts. Skirt and shorts had to be longer than fingertips when arms hanging straight down. Boys had tan khaki pants/shorts, also longer than fingertips. You could only wear a sweathshirt with school emblem (yep, purchased from school). If khakis weren't tan, kid sent home. Wrong shirt, sent home. Wrong sweatshirt? sent home.

If you wore a coat to school, it had to be removed during homeroom period and could only be put on to go outside at lunch and EOD.

Return to Top
#1793974 - 03/12/13 08:40 PM Re: Legal battle over transgender restroom usage HappyGilmore
Peepers Offline
10K Club
shorts had to be longer than fingertips when arms hanging straight down

for those 'upright challenged' among us, this could mean pants

Return to Top
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3