Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1793940 - 03/12/13 07:55 PM Removed from OFAC SDN List - Releasing Funds
AUTigers65 Offline
Does anyone have any experience with what to do if you have funds that have been frozen based on the customer's addition to the OFAC SDN List - but then that person is REMOVED (by OFAC) from the List? Do you simply release the funds to the person, by standard bank process, and that's the end of it? No Forms to fill out, no Licenses to renew or apply for, etc.? What if the funds are from frozen loan payments, which seems to further complicate matters? Thanks to anyone that is willing to share your advice!

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1794042 - 03/13/13 12:57 AM Re: Removed from OFAC SDN List - Releasing Funds AUTigers65
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Call them and ask what you should do.

Return to Top
#1794179 - 03/13/13 03:48 PM Re: Removed from OFAC SDN List - Releasing Funds AUTigers65
Little Miss BSA Offline
Diamond Poster
Little Miss BSA
Miami
I wouldn't do anything without contacting them first...

Return to Top
#1794274 - 03/13/13 05:53 PM Re: Removed from OFAC SDN List - Releasing Funds AUTigers65
AUTigers65 Offline
Sorry... I should have made it clear that previous contacts with OFAC on this have been made. And the guidance was to just release the funds. Nothing else needed. No Forms, no Licenses, no questions asked. That just seemed a bit bizarre considering all of the Forms, Licenses, and constant monitoring that is required while the entity IS on the List. It's basically the equivalent of "you're free to go now". We'll certainly follow OFAC's guidance. I was just hoping that someone else that has gone through it would chime in and increase the confidence level of how to handle it.

Return to Top
#1794291 - 03/13/13 06:10 PM Re: Removed from OFAC SDN List - Releasing Funds AUTigers65
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Once they are off the list, they are off the list.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z