Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1794501 - 03/13/13 10:31 PM Identifying Community Development Loans
Mel in WA Offline
Diamond Poster
I am a new CRA Officer and would like to implement a backroom process to identify/track community development(CD)loans. Our lending staff is aware of the criteria for a CD loans and are asked to notify the Compliance Department, but I would like to confirm they are all being identified by creating a custom report.

Any ideas??

Return to Top
CRA
#1794502 - 03/13/13 10:36 PM Re: Identifying Community Development Loans Mel in WA
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
Because these are hard to categorize, a custom report that captures everything could be quite a challenge and the challenge will grow with the size of the commercial loan portfolio.

Some ideas to get started:

You could filter for loans that are NOT small business/small farm that are in low or moderate census tracts or local revitalization areas (and similar) by tying zip codes to the tracts (won't be perfect but it will be an initial filter).

You can look for loans to not for profits not secured by non-farm non-residential real estate or that are but are >$1 million in amount. Those are an excellent source to review for possible community development purposes.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#1794820 - 03/14/13 06:14 PM Re: Identifying Community Development Loans Kathleen O. Blanchard
Mel in WA Offline
Diamond Poster
Thanks so much for the report idea....exactly what I was looking for.

Return to Top
#1794913 - 03/14/13 07:40 PM Re: Identifying Community Development Loans Mel in WA
Tennismom Offline
Platinum Poster
Tennismom
Obligations of states and political subdivisions in the US

Return to Top