Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1794785 - 03/14/13 05:43 PM New to Credit Analysis
CreditGirl Offline
New Poster
CreditGirl
Hi all! I am new to both banking and to credit analysis. I am currently working with primarily commercial loans over $100,000.

I am curious if anyone else is using the TAC software by Tyler Analytics? I took a training course on the software, and it seemed pretty straight forward, but now I am being told to ignore all of my training and only spread the first page of business tax returns. Does this sound right?

Return to Top
#1795608 - 03/16/13 12:48 PM Re: New to Credit Analysis CreditGirl
3-2-Go Offline
Gold Star
3-2-Go
East
After reviewing business tax returns for several years, I would definately say "no". You need to review the entire tax return in order to truly understand the flow of money and to be able to spread accurately.

Return to Top
#1796992 - 03/21/13 01:48 PM Re: New to Credit Analysis CreditGirl
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
I would agree with what 2old said.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1797127 - 03/21/13 03:53 PM Re: New to Credit Analysis CreditGirl
califgirl Offline
Diamond Poster
califgirl
The O.C., California
Since you're new to both banking and credit analysis, I would suggest a nice chat with your supervisor (assuming that's the person who told you to only spread the first page). Be friendly, not confrontational. Just ask why there is a difference in the training you had versus the bank's practice, since the two are so different.

I don't know why they would bother with the training on the software if they don't use it the way it was intended. (I'm not familiar with that software.)

Return to Top
#1797975 - 03/25/13 03:55 PM Re: New to Credit Analysis CreditGirl
CreditGirl Offline
New Poster
CreditGirl
Thanks guys. I appreciate you writing back, and will keep you updated on how this goes.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Lestie G