Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1796659 - 03/20/13 05:15 PM Obtaining SSN for ALL Conductors?
Rubaiyat Offline
Diamond Poster
Lido Deck
Our core processor now has the abililty to aggregate non-customer transactions if the SSN for the conductor is entered at the time of the deposit for all transactions regardless of amount. This has caused some upset business customers! We used to just get the conductor's SSN if the transaction(s) triggered a CTR based on the business EIN.

Does anyone else get the SSN for all conductors regardless of the transaction amount (and filing CTRs on the conductor when appropriate), or are you only getting the SSN when you know a CTR is required?

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1796663 - 03/20/13 05:18 PM Re: Obtaining SSN for ALL Conductors? Rubaiyat
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
What is your threshold amount; i.e. do you require it on all cash transactions or only those above $XXXX?

Return to Top
#1796666 - 03/20/13 05:22 PM Re: Obtaining SSN for ALL Conductors? Rubaiyat
*W*W* Offline
Platinum Poster
We ID the conductor (including SSN) on all cash transactions $2500 or higher. The transactor info is saved in the teller system. So, if it's someone that makes frequent transactions for their employer, we only need to request it once and enter it into the teller system. The next time the teller will simply ask their name if the teller doesn't remember them, find them in the system, and continue with the transaction.
Last edited by *W*W*; 03/20/13 05:48 PM.

Opinions expressed are my own and do not reflect the views of my employer.

Return to Top
#1796685 - 03/20/13 05:39 PM Re: Obtaining SSN for ALL Conductors? Elwood P. Dowd
Rubaiyat Offline
Diamond Poster
Lido Deck
Originally Posted By: Ken_Pegasus
What is your threshold amount; i.e. do you require it on all cash transactions or only those above $XXXX?

Right now we are doing this on everything, which is part of the issue. I think a threshold amount would be a good idea.

Return to Top
#1796701 - 03/20/13 06:03 PM Re: Obtaining SSN for ALL Conductors? Rubaiyat
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
The number of banks doing it is limited to some extent by the fact that you have to have the data processing capability. You might want to talk to some banks that use the same vendor you do and see how they have set things up.

I would suggest $3,000 as a threshold. That amount triggers some unrelated responsibilities in connection with the sale of monetary instruments and it should be familiar to your employees.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z