Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#1798857 - 03/27/13 05:37 PM Re: Heading to Disney for Mother's Day JacksTigger
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
The traffic in and around Los Angles has increased since the 1950's laugh

Try to find a place to stay that is close.

CAMS

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1798866 - 03/27/13 06:09 PM Re: Heading to Disney for Mother's Day NotDoneYet
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
We stayed at a motel just outside of the park, if I recall correctly. That would have been about 1967. Things may have changed since then.

Return to Top
#1798872 - 03/27/13 06:19 PM Re: Heading to Disney for Mother's Day NotDoneYet
Hobbes Offline
100 Club
Hobbes
On a sled
Whenever we go, I try to stay in one of the park hotels. It may cost a little more, but they offer busing to and from all the parks and Downtown Disney. That saves on the parking cost. also, they drop off and pickup right at the front gate - no walking or taking a shuttle to your car. A lot of the resort hotels also offer character breakfast/dinners. If the little one is into the characters, you could try this. It beats standing in line to meet the characters. If there is one ride you have your heart set on, get a Fastpass for it. It will give you a time you can return and get on the ride, usually in less than 15 minutes. Disney is pretty good about allowing you to bring snacks in. We usually carry a backpack with snacks, just check ahead of time what you can bring. Try to mix indoor activities with the outside ones, to give yourself time to cool down. There's a lot more, but you can find all that on the websites previously mentioned. Just have fun.

Return to Top
#1798882 - 03/27/13 06:27 PM Re: Heading to Disney for Mother's Day JacksTigger
califgirl Offline
Diamond Poster
califgirl
The O.C., California
Originally Posted By: JacksTigger
However, this year I'm taking my daughter to Disneyland (CA)--over the fourth of July

Anybody have any suggestions for CA instead of FL?? I went to Disneyland as a child and remember only a little bit.

That will probably be one of the busiest times of the year. Definitely use the PastPass system and read up on all the websites that others have listed. How old is your daughter? Do you know where you're staying? I would make reservations asap.

Return to Top
#1798935 - 03/27/13 07:27 PM Re: Heading to Disney for Mother's Day califgirl
JacksTigger Offline
Gold Star
JacksTigger
lost in compliance land
Originally Posted By: califgirl
Originally Posted By: JacksTigger
However, this year I'm taking my daughter to Disneyland (CA)--over the fourth of July

Anybody have any suggestions for CA instead of FL?? I went to Disneyland as a child and remember only a little bit.

That will probably be one of the busiest times of the year. Definitely use the PastPass system and read up on all the websites that others have listed. How old is your daughter? Do you know where you're staying? I would make reservations asap.

Yeah we know it's the busiest time of year, but we are going with friends to Irish Dancing National competition that week. Staying in one of competition hotels ((The Marriott)) I think.
So that part is already done smile We are part of the cheerleading crowd. We went with them 4 years ago when the competition was at Disney World--so have to go again.

Daughter is 8 yr--she is excited becuase she can see Sleeping Beauty's castle (her favorite) instead of Cinderella's castle.

CRCM

Return to Top
#1798962 - 03/27/13 07:55 PM Re: Heading to Disney for Mother's Day JacksTigger
Peepers Offline
10K Club
will your boss keep your job open for you?

Return to Top
#1798972 - 03/27/13 08:05 PM Re: Heading to Disney for Mother's Day Peepers
califgirl Offline
Diamond Poster
califgirl
The O.C., California
Originally Posted By: Peepers Mac

grin

I think 8 is the perfect age for Disneyland. They can walk by themselves and carry their own stuff, and I don't get hit in the ankles with the stroller. grin

Return to Top
#1798980 - 03/27/13 08:14 PM Re: Heading to Disney for Mother's Day NotDoneYet
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Sorry simple math, step in front of the stroller get hit in the ankle.

Ps do not look back for an apology or I may tell you that it is your own fault.

That was my last trip to disney with a 3yr old in a stroller.

And do not be the security personel who will tell you to park the stroller in a area that is to small to fit said stroller even if it was not occupied by 4 people. I have been know question the mental ability of said security person.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1799045 - 03/27/13 09:39 PM Re: Heading to Disney for Mother's Day califgirl
JacksTigger Offline
Gold Star
JacksTigger
lost in compliance land
Originally Posted By: califgirl
Originally Posted By: Peepers Mac

grin

I think 8 is the perfect age for Disneyland. They can walk by themselves and carry their own stuff, and I don't get hit in the ankles with the stroller. grin

I had forgotten that smile The last time we were there, we had the stroller--this will be the first time (since my honeymoon) that I won't have worry about stroller parking laugh

She loves getting autographs from the characters. Last time we spent so much time in lines waiting to see someone and get them to sign the book--but she never complained and loved every minute and couldn't wait to go find the next one.

As far as I know I will still have a job when I get back whistle

CRCM

Return to Top
#1799057 - 03/27/13 10:06 PM Re: Heading to Disney for Mother's Day NotDoneYet
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
On the other hand, the stroller was great for carrying everything and leaving it conveniently nearby.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2