BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Thread Options
#1801458 - 04/04/13 04:02 PM Re: Did you know... buggs
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
Does Bushmaster make hunting rifles? Most definately.

Was the model used in the CT school shooting a practical hunting rifle? Definately not and anyone who claims it is would be incorrect because they either know very little about guns/hunting or because they refuse to admit that they are ever wrong.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1801460 - 04/04/13 04:06 PM Re: Did you know... buggs
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
http://guns.dailycaller.com/l/986/Bushmaster-308-Hunter

Check out this .308 hunting rifle. I bet 90% of the people who want certain guns outlawed would call this an assault rifle (again made up term).

I am not trying to pull rank. I am sure you are very knowledgeable about hunting. So am I. I passed hunter safety at age 11. I have been hunting since I was 12. I have hunted large game, waterfowl, upland game, and other types of hunting. I just planned a nice 7 day hunting trip with a good friend of mine. I have used bows, shotguns, rifles and even once killed a rabbit with a slingshot. Actually I guess you could say I killed a squirrel with a dog once.

But the fact that a gun is legal to hunt with, makes it a viable hunting gun. To say it is not is false.

Return to Top
#1801462 - 04/04/13 04:08 PM Re: Did you know... thomasj
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Originally Posted By: thomasj

Was the model used in the CT school shooting a practical hunting rifle? Definately not and anyone who claims it is would be incorrect because they either know very little about guns/hunting or because they refuse to admit that they are ever wrong.

OK which model was used in the Newtown shooting? Maybe you know more about this than I have because I have never seen anyone list the model used.

All I could find was this: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2012/12/19/Sales-way-up-for-Newtown-style-rifles/UPI-43441355946867/

All the attributes listed are legal to hunt with in certain locations.
Last edited by Red Herring; 04/04/13 04:10 PM.

Return to Top
#1801463 - 04/04/13 04:08 PM Re: Did you know... thomasj
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...

I thought it was determined that teh rifle was in the trunk and he only used pistols. Has that changed again?

Return to Top
#1801466 - 04/04/13 04:12 PM Re: Did you know... HappyGilmore
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Originally Posted By: HappyGilmore

I thought it was determined that teh rifle was in the trunk and he only used pistols. Has that changed again?

Yes they now claim that it was a Busmaster .223. This is all I have heard about the gun. Which is why I keep claiming that the gun is legal to hunt with. I just tried to do a bing search on the model used and could only come up with attributes of it. The same attributes that are legal in some locations.

Return to Top
#1801467 - 04/04/13 04:11 PM Re: Did you know... Sound Tactic
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: Red Herring
I am not trying to pull rank. I am sure you are very knowledgeable about hunting. So am I. I passed hunter safety at age 11. I have been hunting since I was 12. I have hunted large game, waterfowl, upland game, and other types of hunting. I just planned a nice 7 day hunting trip with a good friend of mine. I have used bows, shotguns, rifles and even once killed a rabbit with a slingshot. Actually I guess you could say I killed a squirrel with a dog once.

But the fact that a gun is legal to hunt with, makes it a viable hunting gun. To say it is not is false.

Since you are knowlegable about hunting then I guess the second part of my statement must be correct then. This has been a fun debate, have a nice day. laugh

Return to Top
#1801469 - 04/04/13 04:13 PM Re: Did you know... Sound Tactic
BotV#6 Offline
Power Poster
BotV#6
Anywhere I want to be
Australia since gun ban

I think it all goes back to people kill people, not guns.

Return to Top
#1801471 - 04/04/13 04:14 PM Re: Did you know... thomasj
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Originally Posted By: Red Herring

Since you are knowlegable about hunting then I guess the second part of my statement must be correct then. This has been a fun debate, have a nice day. laugh

OK then which model was it? The only thing you have claimed is the firearm is not a hunting weapon. But you have not provided anything about the firearm that makes it not a hunting weapon. I am trying to be objective. I have never seen the model. If I were told that this was a fully auto, .50 cal machine gun that needs to be turret mounted, then I could be swayed. I can even be swayed with much less than the exaggeration I just listed. But you have not provided anything.
Last edited by Red Herring; 04/04/13 04:17 PM.

Return to Top
#1801477 - 04/04/13 04:21 PM Re: Did you know... buggs
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
I wish someone would put a bullet through this thread.

Return to Top
#1801479 - 04/04/13 04:22 PM Re: Did you know... #Just Jay
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Originally Posted By: Just Jay
I wish someone would put a bullet through this thread.

Why? We are having a lively debate and until TJ's recent attempt to save face in the light obvious flaws in his argument no attacks had been made. Maybe you can help him out and google what model of .223 was used.

Return to Top
#1801481 - 04/04/13 04:25 PM Re: Did you know... buggs
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
One of my favorite shows is (the name escapes me) about subsistence people in Alaska. It is really a neat show. The son of one of the adults hunts with a bushmaster AR-10. TJ, what does AR stand for?

It is legal where he is and the gun is great because it has nice stopping power, is semi-automatic and is very durable.

Return to Top
#1801491 - 04/04/13 04:31 PM Re: Did you know... Sound Tactic
Bankster Offline
Diamond Poster
Yinzerville, PA
No semi-automatic hunting in PA, we like to give our bears a fighting chance.

Return to Top
#1801492 - 04/04/13 04:34 PM Re: Did you know... buggs
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Arkansas?

What concerns my is why few details of Newtown have been let out yet every person with an agenda is using the dead children as a ralling cry. It is a disgrace.

The only (some what)know issue is mental illness yet it is not a part of the discussion. (I am not referring to this thread)

CAMS

Return to Top
#1801494 - 04/04/13 04:35 PM Re: Did you know... edAudit
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
My gun club has weekly AR-15 hog hunts. You are only permitted to bring a .223/5.56 AR-15.

I think I should go check that out!

Return to Top
#1801496 - 04/04/13 04:35 PM Re: Did you know... Bankster
Bankster Offline
Diamond Poster
Yinzerville, PA
Other interesting reasons for having your own arsenal: I have a rat problem in my home, "Kim-Jeoung is not 'Red Dawning' my town", Guns are cheaper than a Corvette, my Commie neighbor has his own arsenal.

Return to Top
#1801498 - 04/04/13 04:39 PM Re: Did you know... Bimmer
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Originally Posted By: Bimmer
My gun club has weekly AR-15 hog hunts. You are only permitted to bring a .223/5.56 AR-15.

I think I should go check that out!

Bimmer TJ says those are not hunting firearms. You might want to let your gun club know that.

[quote]Definately not and anyone who claims it is would be incorrect because they either know very little about guns/hunting or because they refuse to admit that they are ever wrong. [/quote}
Last edited by Red Herring; 04/04/13 04:41 PM.

Return to Top
#1801506 - 04/04/13 04:46 PM Re: Did you know... buggs
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Keep it nice, boys. There have already been notifies on this thread.

For those who have a problem with this thread, I suggest you just stay out of it.

Return to Top
#1801511 - 04/04/13 04:48 PM Re: Did you know... buggs
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
The model used in the CT shooting was an XM-15 which is Bushmasters version of an AR-15. The AR does not stand for "Assault Rifle" it stand for ArmaLite Rifle.

Here is a picture of it. I've hunted for nearly 40 years and have never seen anyone use something like this. Someone could hunt with it but I've also seen people drive wood screws with a hammer - it get's the job done, but it's the wrong tool for the job.

It's funny because we both support the same side of this debate, but you seem intent on arguing points simply because you like to argue and like to have the last word. Well, you can have the last word.
Last edited by Truffle Royale; 04/04/13 05:20 PM. Reason: can't play nice

Return to Top
#1801534 - 04/04/13 05:19 PM Re: Did you know... buggs
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
^^^Seriously???!!!
I go out on a limb to warn you to play nice and you've got to post that kind of stuff?

Last word is mine.

Return to Top
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5