Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#180433 - 04/16/04 01:41 PM minor complaint
Anonymous
Unregistered

I can't help but notice that most of the questions or comments in the PA state forum never receive an answer!!!

Return to Top
#180434 - 04/16/04 02:33 PM Re: minor complaint
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
As one of the regular PA posters, I sympathize. I do not purport to speak for anyone else, but I seldom answer questions in the PA forum simply because I don't have the answers. I would imagine that this is the case in many of the state forums, as well. State specific questions are typically of a more narrow focus, and are viewed by a smaller number of posters, which significantly decreases the chances of a viewer being able to provie a correct answer (or even an incorrect answer.)

Return to Top
#180435 - 04/16/04 08:47 PM Re: minor complaint
DebNP Offline
100 Club
DebNP
Eastern PA and NJ
I too am guilty of not answering as many PA posts as I should, mainly for the same reasons that JacFSB mentions. And also because our bank recently has gone through a number of acquisitions, and there doesn't seem to be enough time in each day. I am open to PMs or phone calls; certainly some of the PA posters have become good two way contacts for those tough state issues.

Return to Top
#180436 - 05/06/04 09:38 PM Re: minor complaint
complyguy Offline
Gold Star
complyguy
PA
PBA has a PA Banking Law seminar in Harrisburg on 5/25/04. At first I was real excited, because it's one area I really need resources & direction. However, it looks like a good bit of the day will be spent reviewing federal reg changes, as well. Still haven't decided.

www.pabanker.com/calendar/2004/May 25_PABankingLaw.htm

Return to Top
#180437 - 05/13/04 05:23 PM Re: minor complaint
Deena Offline
Power Poster
Deena
PA
I thought the same thing about the seminar. I have suggested a seminar about state law issues on every evaluation I've given to PBA, but this doesn't look to be what I had in mind.

Return to Top
#180438 - 05/14/04 07:25 PM Re: minor complaint
complyguy Offline
Gold Star
complyguy
PA
Deena - I e-mailed J. A. @ PBA & asked her how much of the seminar would be devoted to just PA banking law. She asked for sample topics to send to the presenter, so I sent that out 2 days ago. Haven't heard anything, yet.

BTW - I thought for sure I was the only one who suggested it on every feedback form. It'd frost them a little if we don't show.

Return to Top
#180439 - 05/14/04 08:18 PM Re: minor complaint
doodles Offline
Gold Star
doodles
PA
I just saw today were I believe that this seminar has been postponed till fall due to lack of registrations. Check the PBA website to make sure - I think it was in PBA's Weekly News that I read it.

Return to Top
#180440 - 05/14/04 09:03 PM Re: minor complaint
Michelle III Offline
Gold Star
Michelle III
PA
Do you think they will include stuff like the rules for escheating accounts or only 2 benificiaries per trust account?

Michelle III
Last edited by Michelle III; 05/17/04 05:16 PM.
Return to Top
#180441 - 05/17/04 03:43 PM Re: minor complaint
complyguy Offline
Gold Star
complyguy
PA
Quote:

I just saw today were I believe that this seminar has been postponed till fall due to lack of registrations. Check the PBA website to make sure - I think it was in PBA's Weekly News that I read it.

I got an e-mail from JC at PBA that it has been postponed as you said.

Return to Top
#180442 - 05/17/04 03:44 PM Re: minor complaint
complyguy Offline
Gold Star
complyguy
PA
Quote:

Do you think they will include stuff like the rules for esteating accounts or only 2 benificiaries per trust account?

Michelle III

Anyone interested in this type of seminar should e-mail specific topic interests to: jametrano@pabanker.com

Return to Top
#180443 - 06/10/04 07:16 PM Re: minor complaint
MAG Offline
100 Club
Hi PA Bankers - I share the same thoughts on that particular seminar. I just posted a question and I really hesitated to do so because I don't usually get an answer. Does anyone know a good source to call with PA State law questions?

Return to Top
#180444 - 07/06/04 02:50 PM Re: minor complaint
complyguy Offline
Gold Star
complyguy
PA
Quote:

Quote:

Do you think they will include stuff like the rules for esteating accounts or only 2 benificiaries per trust account?

Michelle III

I'm just bumping this up because it doesn't seem to have been resolved. One possible start is to forward these types of questions to:

Jackie Ametrano Catalano
Assistant Vice President of Education
Pennsylvania Bankers Association
717-255-6939
717-233-1477
www.pabanker.com

If we provide enough interest, it is possible that a topics-specific seminar could be offered.

Anyone interested in this type of seminar should e-mail specific topic interests to: jametrano@pabanker.com

Return to Top
#180445 - 07/09/04 07:30 PM Re: minor complaint
PABanker Offline
Gold Star
PABanker
Blue Ball, PA 17506
I believe we should compose a list of state issues on this thread and send it to PBA. Sometimes if we put our heads together we may produce a better list than doing by individual. It is your call.

On the escheat questions, I usually go directly to the state treasury office and have received great response time on my issues. I did see on Unclaimed Property website that the state is holding seminars in the fall that may be of value to those of us who need updates on that front.

Return to Top
#180446 - 07/13/04 09:05 PM Re: minor complaint
complyguy Offline
Gold Star
complyguy
PA
I've got the examiners here for the next 3 weeks, so I can't coordinate my own two feet, much less a question list.
I did ask them (OCC - all former bankers) about the apparent lack of a comprehensive resource for PA banking law. They completely agreed that only bits and pieces are available online.

One of them said that the state record retention schedule is extremely old - some items weren't even invented when the schedule was compiled - and the categories aren't well-named. Another said he would contact one of his former colleagues in the PA Dept. of Banking about a resource.

Return to Top