Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Thread Options
#1805798 - 04/17/13 08:38 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
"This information was made available from a person with credibility for something, but speaking on condition of anonymity because he is not yet supposed to reveal the information he is revealing...

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1805810 - 04/17/13 08:58 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
The Sovereign State Of Oklahom...
Does it say anything that we now refer to it as "The mainstream media"...?
When I was young, we called it "The News".... frown

Of course, we also just had things reported back then. Nobody had to listen to what Chet Huntey, David Brinkley or Walter Kronkite's opinion was on anything. They just kind of expected you to form your own.

Return to Top
#1805870 - 04/18/13 12:31 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! Sinatra Fan
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Originally Posted By: Sinatra Fan
Isn't there a Truth in Broadcasing (TIB) regulation?

hahaha; I crack myself up
grin That cracked me up too.....just sayin......

Return to Top
#1805943 - 04/18/13 02:23 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Originally Posted By: P*Q
Press conference at 5:00 EST! I won't type what people around here are saying they would do to this individual. One of the funnier ones though is to put him in "Southie", an area of Boston often depicted in movies and just let the locals have at this individual.

This is one of the many reasons people should avoid CNN.

Return to Top
#1805944 - 04/18/13 02:24 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Well I spoke too soon, now they're saying they do have a suspect yet no arrests have been made. Last time I trust my push notifications from my Iphone app of local FOX news station. Dang media.....

Fox never reported an arrest had been made. The FBI reprimanded CNN and AP.

Return to Top
#1805951 - 04/18/13 02:32 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
I did not know that the FBI has that authority. Was that statement reported by MSNBC?

CAMS

Return to Top
#1805955 - 04/18/13 02:35 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! edAudit
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Originally Posted By: EdAudit
I did not know that the FBI has that authority. Was that statement reported by MSNBC?

I have no idea. I don't think this is a legitimate news outlet.

Return to Top
#1805960 - 04/18/13 02:43 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Fox did report...their headline said "CNN is reporting an arrest" and the story went on to say that Fox was unable to verify if it was accurate.

Return to Top
#1805962 - 04/18/13 02:49 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
:faints:

laugh

Return to Top
#1805964 - 04/18/13 02:51 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
too many camels restricting your ability to breathe this morning?

:feints:

Return to Top
#1805973 - 04/18/13 03:03 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! HappyGilmore
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Originally Posted By: HappyGilmore
Fox did report...their headline said "CNN is reporting an arrest" and the story went on to say that Fox was unable to verify if it was accurate.

Nice! Too bad people want to paint Fox as the unreliable reporter of information.

Return to Top
#1805981 - 04/18/13 03:12 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! Sound Tactic
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Even a blind hog finds an acorn once in awhile. grin

Return to Top
#1805996 - 04/18/13 03:47 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
SJB Offline
Diamond Poster
SJB
California
If only Fox, et al. returned to the profession of reporting the news rather than the business of making the news we would all be better off.

Return to Top
#1805998 - 04/18/13 03:49 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! SJB
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By: SJB
If only Fox, et al. returned to the profession of reporting the news rather than the business of making the news we would all be better off.

and CNN and MSNBC are any better?

CAMS

Return to Top
#1806011 - 04/18/13 04:09 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
i think by et al. he was including all news organizations

Return to Top
#1806016 - 04/18/13 04:18 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! Sound Tactic
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Originally Posted By: Red Herring
Well I spoke too soon, now they're saying they do have a suspect yet no arrests have been made. Last time I trust my push notifications from my Iphone app of local FOX news station. Dang media.....

Fox never reported an arrest had been made. The FBI reprimanded CNN and AP.
The local Boston Fox station sent me an alert on my phone as I signed up for them that an arrest had been made yesterday afternoon.

Return to Top
#1806026 - 04/18/13 04:31 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
I think the wording is very important. I was watching Fox all yesterday and they never once reported an arrest had been made. They reported that CNN was reporting an arrest had been made, but they could not confirm through their sources.

I am not saying this is the text message you received but they are limited to 160 letters. Thus, the wording may have suggested it, FOX themselves never reported that.

That does not mean an affiliate could not have jumped the gun. However, what I take issue with is associating it with FOX (although it would be an affiliate of theirs). When it comes to the major news outlets only the AP and CNN ever reported this.

Some liberal news outlets accused Fox of reporting this but they never actually did. They stated that CNN has reported an arrest was imminent.

The Boston Globe, (and later reported through BG Huffington) are the only ones who said it was Fox, so it might have been your local affiliate.

The FBI reprimanded AP and CNN.

Return to Top
#1806027 - 04/18/13 04:35 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
RH - i think you may be splitting hairs, but on the Fox website (www.foxnews.com, so not the local version) yesterday, their headline read "CNN reporting arrest..." even though they are attributing this to CNN, they are "reporting" it, using CNN as the source for their "report" on their website.

Quote:

they never once reported an arrest had been made. They reported that CNN was reporting an arrest had been made, but they could not confirm through their sources.

not that who is and isn't reporting it really means a hill of beans...

Return to Top
#1806030 - 04/18/13 04:37 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
buggs Offline
Power Poster
I like "The Daily Beast."

Return to Top
#1806038 - 04/18/13 04:42 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
^^^^ the Daily Beast. smile

Return to Top
#1806045 - 04/18/13 04:48 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
I like the Onion.

Return to Top
#1806046 - 04/18/13 04:49 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
I love onion rings.

Return to Top
#1806112 - 04/18/13 05:57 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
Jafo Offline
Gold Star
Jafo
State of Confusion
The Onion is the only source of true news.

Return to Top
#1806116 - 04/18/13 06:00 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! HappyGilmore
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Originally Posted By: HappyGilmore
RH - i think you may be splitting hairs, but on the Fox website (www.foxnews.com, so not the local version) yesterday, their headline read "CNN reporting arrest..." even though they are attributing this to CNN, they are "reporting" it, using CNN as the source for their "report" on their website.

Quote:

they never once reported an arrest had been made. They reported that CNN was reporting an arrest had been made, but they could not confirm through their sources.

not that who is and isn't reporting it really means a hill of beans...
I agree HG. I have the LOCAL fox affiliate app on my phone. I get alerts all the time from them. Yesterday I received one that said "suspect arrested". I'm not suggesting the parent FOX news reported anything directly. Only posted b/c I got that on my phone from Fox Boston. Doesn't matter who or what news agency reports or reported false info, since this happened Monday there have been many "jump the gun" situations and non-truths, by them all at one point. As others have said, nowadays, it's all about who can be credited with reporting it first, regardless of its accuracy. That's just my personal opinion, for whatever little that is worth.I learned my lesson to not make BOL posts until it's official. wink

Return to Top
#1806130 - 04/18/13 06:16 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here

CAMS

Return to Top
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8