Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Thread Options
#1806138 - 04/18/13 06:25 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
news reports i saw said only that they were looking for "persons of interest and we are not, repeat, not stating they are a suspect."

I also heard the 20-year old Saudi national that they initially thought may have been linked (the one in the hospital with the burned hands) was here on an expired student visa and is being "repatriated to Saudi Arabia as soon as he is medically able to travel."

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1806140 - 04/18/13 06:26 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! edAudit
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
Originally Posted By: EdAudit

do they learn nothing from richard jewell

Will they ever learn anything?

Return to Top
#1806142 - 04/18/13 06:29 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
I seem to recall that Jewell ultimately won a large judgement from the media...sure wish they'd accuse me falsely

Return to Top
#1806147 - 04/18/13 06:35 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! HappyGilmore
Erl of Baltimore Offline
Platinum Poster
Erl of Baltimore
Memorial Stadium
Originally Posted By: HappyGilmore
I seem to recall that Jewell ultimately won a large judgement from the media...sure wish they'd accuse me falsely
Here's your money....here's your reputation back...er well we are real sorry about that.

Return to Top
#1806149 - 04/18/13 06:39 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Mr. Jewell died at age 44. I do not think he had enough time to "enjoy" the money.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1806154 - 04/18/13 06:47 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
Really?? I didn't know he died.

Return to Top
#1806302 - 04/19/13 01:14 AM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
buggs Offline
Power Poster

Return to Top
#1806311 - 04/19/13 10:19 AM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
Purple Pride Offline
Purple Pride
Where I am supposed to be
Suspect #1 is dead and suspect #2 is subject of a manhunt. Sounds like it was an eventful overnight near MIT.

Return to Top
#1806316 - 04/19/13 11:41 AM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! Sound Tactic
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Originally Posted By: Red Herring
I think the wording is very important. I was watching Fox all yesterday and they never once reported an arrest had been made. They reported that CNN was reporting an arrest had been made, but they could not confirm through their sources.

I am not saying this is the text message you received but they are limited to 160 letters. Thus, the wording may have suggested it, FOX themselves never reported that.

That does not mean an affiliate could not have jumped the gun. However, what I take issue with is associating it with FOX (although it would be an affiliate of theirs). When it comes to the major news outlets only the AP and CNN ever reported this.

Some liberal news outlets accused Fox of reporting this but they never actually did. They stated that CNN has reported an arrest was imminent.

The Boston Globe, (and later reported through BG Huffington) are the only ones who said it was Fox, so it might have been your local affiliate.

The FBI reprimanded AP and CNN.

Megyn Kelly was on Bill O'Reilly last night discussing all the incorrect reporting. She said that when she was on the air Wednesday afternoon, they reported other sources were reporting the arrests but Fox was hesitant to do so until they could confirm. She went on to say that at around 2:00pm, someone from their " dot com property" (I presume that means Foxnews.com) had a source that confirmed the arrest, so they then reported it. About 10 minutes later they learned it was inaccurate so they corrected themselves.

Certainly other outlets ran with it longer than Fox did, but I thought it was important to clarify that Fox did report the arrest for a short time. So much for sources, particularly given the events overnight and as we speak.

Return to Top
#1806318 - 04/19/13 11:50 AM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
I am not questioning you post as it appears to be factual

So why is Fox singled out for poor coverage?

CAMS

Return to Top
#1806319 - 04/19/13 11:55 AM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
I am not pointing anything out about their coverage. I personally watch Fox News and the local Fox affiliate all the time. I thought it was interesting to hear that last night and thought it should be noted.

Return to Top
#1806323 - 04/19/13 12:31 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
The entire City of Boston, including suburbs and the MBTA has been shut down.

Return to Top
#1806327 - 04/19/13 12:37 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
They were still in Boston after all this time?

Return to Top
#1806329 - 04/19/13 12:40 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! TB 12
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
The media knows nothing and they are reporting it over and over. The "on the scene" local newsies are really, really out of their league and speculate about everything: "I'm not sure if that is a police dog or not, but it is barking."

Return to Top
#1806330 - 04/19/13 12:40 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
The stupidity is unreal.

Let me see hmm; there is a nationwide manhunt for me and my brother I think we should rob a 7-11 a few miles from the bombing.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1806331 - 04/19/13 12:44 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! Elwood P. Dowd
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By: Ken_Pegasus
The media knows nothing and they are reporting it over and over. The "on the scene" local newsies are really, really out of their league and speculate about everything: "I'm not sure if that is a police dog or not, but it is barking."

Sorry to say but with all the mixups with the media the investigators should say nothing to the media as they are bound to read into it and get it wrong.

Wait until the capture the pile of garbage and then hold a press conference(about how he silped from the tallest building in Boston).

CAMS

Return to Top
#1806335 - 04/19/13 12:48 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Not the brightest bulbs.

Yes QCL-still in the Boston area. That's why they shut down the city and surrounding suburbs to hunt him (or them) down. 2 brothers from Chechnya.

The suspect with the white hat is being pursued, the "black hat" guy is dead. Killed in a shootout with Police overnight.
Last edited by Sox in '13; 04/19/13 12:53 PM. Reason: added last sentence.

Return to Top
#1806337 - 04/19/13 12:56 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/04/...er-may-be-down/

apparently an minute by minute account of what is known when.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#1806364 - 04/19/13 01:43 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
Truffle Royale Online

10K Club
No more word on the transit officer who was shot this morning?
Not clear how it happened or when but I saw the police chief announce his name and then refuse to take questions or give any explanation of how he got shot.

Return to Top
#1806367 - 04/19/13 01:44 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
A CU, Where Regs Don't Apply
My wife got a text alert around 4 this morning. Watched coverage early, then some more on CNN around 8. 19 years old, wow. Not wanting to jump on all the "facts" being reported, but sounds like it was a tough night in Boston with an MIT security officer reported dead and a cop seriously injured during the firefight when the first brother was killed.

Return to Top
#1806370 - 04/19/13 01:45 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
Truffle Royale Online

10K Club
Maybe it was the MIT officer the chief was giving the name of?
He was in surgery as of 7:30am cst.

Return to Top
#1806371 - 04/19/13 01:46 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
The MIT cop was killed-sitting in his car. There was another officer wounded and is in the hospital.

Return to Top
#1806375 - 04/19/13 01:50 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
and the conspiracy theorist are saying "both will be killed so the truth can't come out"...oh boy

Return to Top
#1806384 - 04/19/13 02:02 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
renniks Offline
Diamond Poster
renniks
New England
I live in a "bedroom" town southwest of Boston and work in the southeastern suburbs. The streets were eerily empty on my ride to work this morning. My husband works in the lockdown area; his bank is closed.

Return to Top
#1806386 - 04/19/13 02:04 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
I'm amazed (and impressed) authorities have been able to make progress so quickly. And I'm surprised the bombers hung around afterwards... with the mass exodus of marathoners and their supporters, I feel like it would have been easy to get out of town unnoticed.

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8