Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1806504 - 04/19/13 04:45 PM RBP for Account Review or Exception Notice?
Likes to Comply Online
Diamond Poster
In the mountains
If we perform an account review on a credit card or HELOC and increase the APR, do we have to provide the RBP Notice or can we just provide the Consumer Credit Score Disclosure exception notice?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Return to Top
#1806531 - 04/19/13 05:17 PM Re: RBP for Account Review or Exception Notice? Likes to Comply
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
HELOC and increase the APR.

Well let's start with the fact that you can't raise the APR on a HELOC once the loan has closed based on a credit report.

Return to Top
#1806542 - 04/19/13 05:42 PM Re: RBP for Account Review or Exception Notice? Likes to Comply
Likes to Comply Online
Diamond Poster
In the mountains
Ok, that's how little I know about HELOCs frown ...but what about credit cards?

In the appropriate circumstances for account review and increase of an APR does it trigger a RBP notice or can an exception notice be used?

Return to Top
#1806580 - 04/19/13 06:31 PM Re: RBP for Account Review or Exception Notice? Likes to Comply
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX

Return to Top
#1806586 - 04/19/13 06:35 PM Re: RBP for Account Review or Exception Notice? Likes to Comply
Likes to Comply Online
Diamond Poster
In the mountains
Seek and you shall find...The FED's FCRA procedures state: Regardless of whether the institution provides risk-based pricing notices or credit score exception notices, if the institution increases the customer's APR as a result of a review of the consumer's account, determine whether the financial institution provided the consumer with an account review risk-based pricing notice if an adverse action notice was not already provided.

Return to Top
#1806634 - 04/19/13 07:19 PM Re: RBP for Account Review or Exception Notice? Likes to Comply
Likes to Comply Online
Diamond Poster
In the mountains
Thanks, rlcarey, for your help. I'll take a look at these. Have a great day!

Return to Top