Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1807309 - 04/23/13 05:14 PM EFT Case - Resolved by Merchant
Seven11Eleven Offline
Seven11Eleven
A customer filed an EFT Debit card fraud case with us and the next day received a credit for the full amount back from the merchant where the fraud happened. There is no longer a need for an investigation since it resolved itself.

Do we need to do anything for this?

You should look up Philippians 4:13

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#1807311 - 04/23/13 05:17 PM Re: EFT Case - Resolved by Merchant Seven11Eleven
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
If the customer contacted the bank to report his receipt of the credit from the merchant, you can annotate the file to that effect and mark it closed. If you provided provisional credit, follow the routine steps for reclaiming it, including the provisions about covering overdrafts. I recommend sending a written confirmation to the customer (copy retained) reporting the action you're taking.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#1807313 - 04/23/13 05:18 PM Re: EFT Case - Resolved by Merchant Seven11Eleven
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
I assume no provisional credit was paid. I would finalize the claim by sending a letter to the customer advising them that since they were made whole by the merchant, the claim is closed. This will complete your file so it is understood later.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z