Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Thread Options
#1807038 - 04/22/13 07:25 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
I would say our understanding of Miranda rights and the nuances therein would be equal to law enforcement's understanding of RESPA or Regulation Z. And no matter what, the media is going to get it wrong.

I agree with Bankbb1, PITA = "the federal authorities and LEO's in and around Boston have done an extraordinary job in handling all of this so far."

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1807055 - 04/22/13 07:55 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
He was shot or shot himself in the neck. They don't know whether or not he will ever be able to speak again. Do Miranda Rights apply to written confessions?

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#1807056 - 04/22/13 07:55 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
I heard the same as Deeq-due to imminent danger, they were not reading him his Miranda rights at that time.

Return to Top
#1807068 - 04/22/13 08:12 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Alan Dershowitz, Civil Liberties and Criminal Attorney, says authorities will "regret" not reading Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, his Miranda rights and "may have blown the death penalty" also.

Return to Top
#1807083 - 04/22/13 08:32 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
JMO, but I am fairly confident anything the justice system fails to accomplish will be taken care of by either the general populus in prison or straight street justice.

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1807084 - 04/22/13 08:32 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
It bothers me when any citizen, no matter what a scumbag he is, has his constitutional rights waived by the Executive Branch. Do we have rights or not? Or does the constitution apply only to whom the government chooses?

By the way, I'll bet there will soon be a boat in Watertown Mass for sale, well-aerated, some rust-colored stains that might wash off.

Return to Top
#1807085 - 04/22/13 08:33 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Yeah..the civil liberty 'people' are making a big stink...nothing satisfies them.

His rights were delayed, not ignored totally.
Last edited by RR Joker; 04/22/13 08:35 PM.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1807091 - 04/22/13 08:41 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
If he said that there was another bomb at fenway at the start of a game. We may have a different thought about waiving miranda.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1807112 - 04/22/13 09:11 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! manimal
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Originally Posted By: manimal
JMO, but I am fairly confident anything the justice system fails to accomplish will be taken care of by either the general populus in prison or straight street justice.
Thank you. I couldn't think of the pc way to say this.

Quote:
It bothers me when any citizen, no matter what a scumbag he is, has his constitutional rights waived by the Executive Branch. Do we have rights or not? Or does the constitution apply only to whom the government chooses?
Doesn't bother me one iota! imho, this is why the phrase 'dead to rights' was coined.

Return to Top
#1807133 - 04/22/13 10:17 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! MyBrainHurts
rainman Offline
Power Poster
rainman
Originally Posted By: MyBrainHurts

He has constitutional rights, and they were not waived by anyone. The authorities were applying those rights to this situation as laid out by the Supreme Court. (There's no requirement for a Miranda warning in the text of the constitution - the Supreme Court interepreted the constituion to require it. That's why it's the "Miranda" warning and not the "Fifth Amendment" warning.) The Supreme Court has said that there is a "public safety" exception to the Miranda warning, and this case fit that exception - at least for some period of time.

Return to Top
#1807134 - 04/22/13 10:25 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
The police can decide to never "mirandize" a suspect, public saftey exception or not. Not mirandizing a suspect does not mean charges against the suspect will be thrown out. It simply means that any statements made by the suspect cannot be used against them.

The fruits of the poisonous tree rule does not apply either, meaning statements made by a suspect that was not mirandized that lead to incriminating evidence, such evidence could be used at trial.

Return to Top
#1807343 - 04/23/13 06:19 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic

Return to Top
#1807378 - 04/23/13 07:15 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
The admin could also change its mind on the enemy combatant designation too, and still not have to use the military tribunal court system.

Return to Top
#1809799 - 05/01/13 03:42 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
3 arrests made! Names not being released yet.

<Guessing> the wife, the mom and....?

Return to Top
#1809807 - 05/01/13 03:50 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
califgirl Offline
Diamond Poster
califgirl
The O.C., California
No, students apparently.

Return to Top
#1809809 - 05/01/13 03:55 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! E.E.G.B
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By: E.G.B.
3 arrests made! Names not being released yet.

<Guessing> the wife, the mom and....?

The mom is back in Dagistan(sp) How would she get there if she is on the no fly list and awaitng trial for theft of over $1,600?

CAMS

Return to Top
#1809815 - 05/01/13 04:08 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
3 college students - Dartmouth.

Return to Top
#1809818 - 05/01/13 04:12 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! Retired DQ
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
US NEWS/NBC News
Quote:
Sources told NBC News the three are college roommates or suitemates of accused bomber Dzokhar Tsarnaev and are suspected of removing items from his dorm at the University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth.

There was no indication they had any prior knowledge of the bombing. Sources said the FBI had been investigating them for about 10 days.

"Please be advised that there is not threat to public safety," the Boston Police Department said on its website.

Return to Top
#1809831 - 05/01/13 04:36 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
The Sovereign State Of Oklahom...
Trophy hunters? Ebay sellers? Stupid people?

Return to Top
#1809834 - 05/01/13 04:40 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! Bankbb1, PITA
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By: Bankbb1, PITA
Trophy hunters? Ebay sellers? Stupid people?

soon to be convicts

CAMS

Return to Top
#1809875 - 05/01/13 05:42 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Accessories after the fact. Morons.

Return to Top
#1809896 - 05/01/13 06:33 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
taking items such as evidence in the bombing? or taking his personal items and selling for the morbid who want to own his underwear?

Return to Top
#1809914 - 05/01/13 06:58 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! HappyGilmore
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
From Fox...a trusted news source...

Quote:
Three new suspects have been charged in connection with the Boston Marathon bombing for allegedly conspiring to get rid of an incriminating backpack full of gutted fireworks belonging to their friend, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, after learning he was a suspect in the April 15 terror attack.

Dias Kadyrbayev, Azamat Tazhayakova and Robel Phillipos, all described as friends of Tsarnaev at UMass-Dartmouth, allegedly wnt to Tsarnaev's dorm and took a laptop, the backpack and some Vaseline that may have been used in making the deadly pressure cooker bombs that killed three and injured more than 200 at the race. An FBI affidavit filed in support of a complaint said Kadyrbayev was the one who carried out the disposal of the backpack, according to authorities.

"Kadyrbayev knew when he saw the empty fireworks that Tsarnaev was involved in the Marathon bombing," the affidavit reads. "Kadyrbayev decided to remove the backpack from the room in order to help his friend Tsarnaev avoid trouble."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/01/3-m.../#ixzz2S4KKH2eE

Return to Top
#1809915 - 05/01/13 07:00 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
What an assclown. mad

Return to Top
#1809919 - 05/01/13 07:02 PM Re: Arrest made in Monday's marathon bombing!!!! P*Q
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
i'm questioning why they would take the vaseline? I can understand the laptop and fireworks evidence...but vaseline? I thik they had ulterior motives for that! like knowing they were going to prison. wink

Return to Top
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8