Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1810038 - 05/01/13 09:16 PM Multiple Parties and CTR Completion
Wonderofitall Offline
100 Club
Wonderofitall
Out West
Should boxes 21 or 22 of the new CTR always have a $ amount when there are at least two Part 1 parties in the CTR? If so, other than the new CTR powerpoint presentation -- Item 21 is where the filer records the Cash In amount and any accounts involved for the person recorded in Part I. Item 22 is where the filer records the Cash Out amount and any accounts involved for the person recorded in Part I. -- is there authority that supports that or is this all I get? This portion of the instructions seem too fuzzy, and not as in "warm and fuzzy".

Thanks!

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1810040 - 05/01/13 09:26 PM Re: Multiple Parties and CTR Completion Wonderofitall
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
If you are working on information on a party on whose behalf the transaction(s) are completed, you record the cash amount of the transactions affecting that person's account(s) and list his/her/its affected account numbers.

If you are working on information on an individual conducting a transaction, you record the cash amount that the individual applied to the transaction(s) or withdrew.

If John Jones makes cash deposits of $5,000 each to accounts of Sarah Smith, Jim Jameson, and Kelly Klarkson, you have three "on behalf of" entries, each showing $5,000 in item 21 and the appropriate account number for each person. You also have an entry for John Jones with $15,000 in item 21, and all three account numbers.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#1810057 - 05/01/13 10:04 PM Re: Multiple Parties and CTR Completion Wonderofitall
Wonderofitall Offline
100 Club
Wonderofitall
Out West
As always, John, I appreciate your help!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z