Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1811369 - 05/06/13 06:00 PM I wish we had the old prayer list still
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
Remember when we used to have the prayer list? I sometimes wish we still had that so we can have that reminder of those that need our prayers.

I went looking for that prayer list today to re-read. Tomorrow makes 8th years since my sister was taken in a vehicular accident.

Not a day goes by that I don't think of her. We were twins that were born 14 months apart. No two sisters were ever more different but gosh, we adored each other. I think it comes from being traveling military brats that sometimes only had each other.

Return to Top
#1811382 - 05/06/13 06:12 PM Re: I wish we had the old prayer list still HRH Okie Banker
basilring Offline
Gold Star
Spartan Country!
Okie... so sorry to hear about the loss of your sister. I am glad that you had someone in your life that you had such a wonderful relationship with - I am sure she is by your side all the time.

But, 8 years does not make the pain go away. My prayers are with you.

Return to Top
#1811454 - 05/06/13 08:19 PM Re: I wish we had the old prayer list still HRH Okie Banker
NotDoneYet Offline
Gold Star
NotDoneYet
PA
I know what you mean. My aunt was killed (murdered)41 years ago on May 1, and I still remember how we got the call and what it meant to my 4 young cousins.
There's a different kind of pain, like when something celebratory happens for one of them and you wish their mom could have been there, too.
Last edited by NotDoneYet; 05/06/13 08:21 PM.
Return to Top
#1811460 - 05/06/13 08:26 PM Re: I wish we had the old prayer list still HRH Okie Banker
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Walden and I were just talking about the prayer list recently.

We found it. Reading it was humbling.
http://www.bankersonline.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=297647&page=1

My prayers go out to all that need them.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett