Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1812380 - 05/08/13 07:20 PM Can you export the LAR into Exel?
Fun times... Offline
100 Club
Hello -

I have read conflicting information which states you need to provide a copy of the previous year HMDA LAR in your CRA public binder. Although, you can not just print the LAR and insert, you need to delete a few coloumns such as loan number, date application recieved, etc.

Are you able to export from the FFIEC software into excel and if so how? I tried using the export tool and it did not work. Also, The FDIC Compliance Manual and FFIEC website does not state that you need to put the LAR in your CRA public binder, but Banker's Compliance does?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Return to Top
HMDA

HMDA Academy
#1812383 - 05/08/13 07:23 PM Re: Can you export the LAR into Exel? Fun times...
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
Do you mean your HMDA Dislcosure? That is different than your HMDA LAR.

See here: http://www.bankersonline.com/regs/228/228-43.html

Section 228.43 Content and Availability of Public File
(b)
(2) Banks required to report Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) data. A bank required to report home mortgage loan data pursuant to part 203 of this chapter shall include in its public file a copy of the HMDA Disclosure Statement provided by the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council pertaining to the bank for each of the prior two calendar years. In addition, a bank that elected to have the Board consider the mortgage lending of an affiliate for any of these years shall include in its public file the affiliate's HMDA Disclosure Statement for those years. The bank shall place the statement(s) in the public file within three business days after its receipt.

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1812386 - 05/08/13 07:25 PM Re: Can you export the LAR into Exel? Fun times...
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
Select a destination other than the one that automatically pops up and you should be able to export.

Last edited by Kathleen B; 05/08/13 07:28 PM.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#1812398 - 05/08/13 07:37 PM Re: Can you export the LAR into Exel? Fun times...
Fun times... Offline
100 Club
No, I do not mean the HMDA Disclsoure Statement. I found in the Bankers Compliance Manual that we should be including last year's HMDA LAR ( minus a few columns of information) in our CRA public binder. I wanted to export our LAR to excel and take out the columns needed, print, and insert into the binder.

Please clarify "select a destination other than the one that automatically pops up" Kathleen. I am assuming in the HMDA Data Software you are referring too? If so, not sure what other destination choices I have available?

Thanks -

Return to Top
#1812400 - 05/08/13 07:40 PM Re: Can you export the LAR into Exel? Fun times...

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
Yes, in the FFIEC Software...after you select that you want to export "for other purposes", when you get to the screen where you select what you want and can select Public File, ASCII, etc , in the middle you will see Target File and a button that says Browse. That lets you select a file on your pc and allows you to name the file what you want rather than the cryptic name the software gives it.

If you are still stuck, send me a PM and I will give you my phone number and I will walk you through it.

Return to Top
#1812413 - 05/08/13 07:50 PM Re: Can you export the LAR into Exel? Fun times...
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
I don't think it's required in the Reg. to have your HMDA LAR in your CRA Public File, but please correct me if I'm wrong. I've never seen that in Reg. BB.

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1812423 - 05/08/13 08:01 PM Re: Can you export the LAR into Exel? Fun times...
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
I believe BRB is asking about the Public LAR. If so, you do not have to export the LAR to excel and remove anything, just choose "Public Release" as the Report Type under Data Listing Report and print it off.

Return to Top
#1812426 - 05/08/13 08:03 PM Re: Can you export the LAR into Exel? Fun times...

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
Only the disclosure statement has to be there. Some banks do put the "public" LAR there.

Regardless, if the bank is having problems exporting their LAR, my response addresses that.

Return to Top
#1812427 - 05/08/13 08:05 PM Re: Can you export the LAR into Exel? Fun times...
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
I was about to edit my reply to add your clarification, KB. You beat me to it. smile

Return to Top

Moderator:  SMQ, CRCM