Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1812784 - 05/09/13 07:11 PM Unauthorized Debit from Dating Service
Kay Offline
100 Club
Midwest
Customer states they have had their account debited by a national Internet dating service that they did not authorize.

Company immediately sent the Bank a Merchant Rebuttal indicating the customer had authorized the transaction.

Anyone having similar issues?

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#1812846 - 05/09/13 08:38 PM Re: Unauthorized Debit from Dating Service Kay
Bobby Boucher Offline
Power Poster
Bobby Boucher
Down Yonder
I wouldn't say it's an issue, but we get the occasional internet dating service or internet, ummm...friend finder...service or more often internet, errr...video...service dispute.

When we go through the investigation process we often get back proof of the authorization, and have to follow up with the customer.

But sometimes the dispute process ends abruptly after we look the transaction up and tell them "actually, that transaction was made on your husband's/wife's card". In these cases we don't have to follow through on the investigation, but we do keep an eye on the obituaries for the next few days grin

Return to Top
#1812886 - 05/09/13 09:14 PM Re: Unauthorized Debit from Dating Service Kay
BrianC Offline
Power Poster
BrianC
Illinois
I had one where the charge was on daughter's card, and the dating service was for "married people seeking relationships." The site returned not only 20 pages of very graphic online chat, it also included a picture of her dad on his profile who had used the card. Who says my job isn't fun??? wink

Return to Top
#1812927 - 05/09/13 10:09 PM Re: Unauthorized Debit from Dating Service Kay
BetsyS Offline
Gold Star
Reminds me of when we had a merchant that was an adult store. They kept scrupulous records on every transaction. The retrieval requests were, ummmm, interesting....

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z