Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1813104 - 05/10/13 03:23 PM Booked as Construction, But Funds for Purchase
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
I scoured the HMDA threads as best as I could, so I don't think this particular question has been asked.

We have a loan to aquire multiple townhomes and finish constructing two of them. The loan was booked as a construction loan, but 75% of the funds are being used for the acquisitions.

Does the percentage of funds being used towards the purchase make this a HMDA reportable loan, even though the loan was booked as a (3-yr) construction loan? There are no plans for permanent financing, the owner plans to sell the townhomes.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts. smile

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
HMDA

HMDA Academy
#1813112 - 05/10/13 03:30 PM Re: Booked as Construction, But Funds for Purchase manimal
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
If it's truly to complete the intial construction, I think it actually would still be a CL at this point. However, due to the term being so long {and no take out expected}, I believe I would handle it as a purchase. Interesting sitch!

Last edited by RR Joker; 05/10/13 03:31 PM.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1813202 - 05/10/13 04:48 PM Re: Booked as Construction, But Funds for Purchase manimal
#Just Jay Online
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Agreed.

Return to Top
#1813205 - 05/10/13 04:49 PM Re: Booked as Construction, But Funds for Purchase manimal
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
UGH. Guess it's time to revamp my reports in case more of these happen in the future. I wasn't even pulling construction loan codes prior to this.

Stupid commercial loans and their 'creative financing'. mad

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1813235 - 05/10/13 05:25 PM Re: Booked as Construction, But Funds for Purchase manimal
#Just Jay Online
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Word.

Return to Top

Moderator:  SMQ, CRCM