Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1813715 - 05/13/13 07:37 PM Opt-In: ATM transactions include the following?:
Likes to Comply Offline
Diamond Poster
In the mountains
Are purchases of gift cards or stamps, and bill payments conducted through an ATM included in the ATM transactions that a customer can opt-in for overdraft coverage?

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#1813731 - 05/13/13 08:08 PM Re: Opt-In: ATM transactions include the following?: Likes to Comply
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
I would lump those in with one-time POS purchases with a debit card.....still would need an opt-in in order to charge an OD fee them if approved and paid into overdraft.

Return to Top
#1813782 - 05/13/13 10:09 PM Re: Opt-In: ATM transactions include the following?: Likes to Comply
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
From the supplementary information accompanying the final regulation:

The Board understands that consumers use ATMs not only for withdrawing cash, but also for inter-account transfers, bill payments, and even postage stamp purchases. Therefore, the Board believes the opt-in rule should apply to all transactions originating at an ATM, and not just withdrawals. Accordingly, the final rule has been revised, as applicable, to apply to ‘‘ATM transactions’’ more generally, in addition to one-time debit card transactions as proposed

I remembered it because I thought it was ridiculous that they mentioned it. What do I know anyway! blush

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett