Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1814560 - 05/15/13 06:41 PM Content coverage - commercial builder lines
Ninky Offline
Gold Star
Ninky
Our attorney has removed the standard clause in our commercial real estate documents (Deed of Trust) that automatically included inventory and moveable property as collateral. This eliminated the process of having to always get flood content coverage in addition to the standard flood coverage on all commercial real estate loans. The one exception is on builder lines. Can anyone share what their practice is in this regard on their builder-line loan documentation? Are other banks automatically including inventory and moveable property in their documentation, thus automtically requiring content coverage on builder lines? Trying to determine what the industry practice is.
Thanks to anyone willing to share.

Return to Top
Flood Compliance
#1814574 - 05/15/13 06:55 PM Re: Content coverage - commercial builder lines Ninky
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I don't believe in most States you can attach inventory and moveable property as collateral through a Deed of Trust alone, can you???? Don't you need to file a UCC?

Return to Top
#1814677 - 05/15/13 08:39 PM Re: Content coverage - commercial builder lines Ninky
Ninky Offline
Gold Star
Ninky

We are filing a UCC and the deed of trust includes a security agreement covering those items of personal property.

Do you know how others document these lines? If they always include the inventory and moveable property as standard practice?

Return to Top
#1814688 - 05/15/13 08:49 PM Re: Content coverage - commercial builder lines Ninky
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
It depends on whether from a credit underwriting perspective they think they need them or not. Even then, some banks routinely take such a blanket lien and some do not. I think you will find it all over the board.

Return to Top