Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#1814458 - 05/15/13 04:40 PM Wife might be pregnant again...
Norman Paperman Offline
Diamond Poster
Norman Paperman
48.934476, -114.343735
Hello Bankers,

I thought I would post this just to vent. We have a beautiful 5 month old boy who is awesome. Yesterday the wife came home feeling sick. She took a test this morning and it was positive. She took another one a few hours later and it was negative.

Holy Moly! We would be happy to be blessed with another child but the timing just isn't right. I'm kind of freaking out, as is my beautiful wife (poor girl).

I know it's not up to us but... Wow!

I guess I'll give an update tomorrow morning when she takes another test.

I would ask for prayers but what do you ask for? God, thank you for blessing us with another child, but could you hold off for a few more years?

Last edited by Garret01; 05/15/13 04:40 PM.

CRCM

Return to Top
#1814460 - 05/15/13 04:43 PM Re: Wife might be pregnant again... Norman Paperman
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
Is she breastfeeding? If so, her hormones are still out of whack and could be giving a false positive on the first test.

Prayers for sure for peace regardless of what happens. Just remember, He never gives you more than you can bear. smile

Return to Top
#1814462 - 05/15/13 04:46 PM Re: Wife might be pregnant again... Norman Paperman
Norman Paperman Offline
Diamond Poster
Norman Paperman
48.934476, -114.343735
Yes she is still breastfeeding. The wonderful "Google" says that doesn't matter though. I'm hoping it does.

I pray each night that God keeps us humble. Maybe I need to rephrase that. smile

True, either way it will be a blessing.

CRCM

Return to Top
#1814465 - 05/15/13 04:50 PM Re: Wife might be pregnant again... Norman Paperman
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
If I was her I'd go to the doctor and have them test her. The store-bought ones might keep giving you both answers because of her hormones.

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1814466 - 05/15/13 04:49 PM Re: Wife might be pregnant again... Norman Paperman
SLU Voice Offline
Gold Star
SLU Voice
Hammond, LA
When you pray make sure you say, "Thy will be done." Accept this second gift from God. Twenty-seven years ago I got a call from my wife after a pre-natal visit and she told me that my unborn child had a sibling in there with him (turned out to be boys). We never, ever knew what it was like to have only one child. It was nerve-racking, but it was a joy to see then grow up. If your wife is expecting, they may establish a very close bond as they grow up. Can't wait for the update.

Return to Top
#1814468 - 05/15/13 04:52 PM Re: Wife might be pregnant again... Norman Paperman
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Dont worry if the timing is not right you have 9 month to prepare.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1814474 - 05/15/13 05:05 PM Re: Wife might be pregnant again... Norman Paperman
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
The Sovereign State Of Oklahom...
Prayers for strength and happiness in what ever comes.

Return to Top
#1814554 - 05/15/13 06:36 PM Re: Wife might be pregnant again... Norman Paperman
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
My older brother and I are less than a year apart. Back then, it wasn't uncommon at all and such kiddos were called "Irish Twins" haha. We grew up as best friends, extremely close and bonded. When we were teens, we hung out together, went out with friends together, he dated some of my friends, I dated some of his friends, and it was a lot of fun.

God bless you and your family, and give thanks for such a wonderful blessing if you are expecting another little one. And look on the bright side, you can get the diapers stage over with much quicker than if you had waited a year or two to have the second one! wink

Return to Top
#1814563 - 05/15/13 06:43 PM Re: Wife might be pregnant again... BurntSienna
'Lil Freak! Offline
10K Club
'Lil Freak!
The psych ward
Originally Posted By: Mulberry
My older brother and I are less than a year apart. Back then, it wasn't uncommon at all and such kiddos were called "Irish Twins" haha. We grew up as best friends, extremely close and bonded. When we were teens, we hung out together, went out with friends together, he dated some of my friends, I dated some of his friends, and it was a lot of fun.

God bless you and your family, and give thanks for such a wonderful blessing if you are expecting another little one. And look on the bright side, you can get the diapers stage over with much quicker than if you had waited a year or two to have the second one! wink

Ditto. Things will work out. In the meantime, stop having sex wink

Return to Top
#1814565 - 05/15/13 06:48 PM Re: Wife might be pregnant again... BurntSienna
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
My grandkids are 1 yr and 2 months apart and yes she was breatfeeding the first when she got preg with the second. After the initial "Oh My" it has been a blessing. They are very close, so close that the 4 year old is not happy that his sister will be going to all day kindergarten next year grin

While it may not be what you planned, I have no doubt that the two of you will be ok and great parents.

Return to Top
#1814572 - 05/15/13 06:55 PM Re: Wife might be pregnant again... Norman Paperman
ecrew,CRCM Offline
100 Club
ecrew,CRCM
Fl
After I had our first, I had a similar "scare." When I told my boss at the time, who also was a very good friend, she told me if I was truly pregnant, what was I going to do about it. I looked at her dumbfoundly and she said "exactly, besides you already have a bunch of baby stuff ;)" Well, I wasn't pregnant, but if I would have been, we would have survived, as in if you are blessed with another little one, you will be too. But I would wait to see what the doctor says, they may want to do a blood test to check HCG levels to be sure. Until then, enjoy your little one and you may want to consider 'Lil Freak's advice wink smile

Return to Top
#1814582 - 05/15/13 07:02 PM Re: Wife might be pregnant again... 'Lil Freak!
Norman Paperman Offline
Diamond Poster
Norman Paperman
48.934476, -114.343735
Originally Posted By: 'Lil Freak!

Ditto. Things will work out. In the meantime, stop having sex wink

I don't think that will be a problem after today. I appreciate all of the well wishes. Yes, it will be a blessing. Either way.

CRCM

Return to Top
#1814583 - 05/15/13 07:02 PM Re: Wife might be pregnant again... Norman Paperman
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
As politely as was put to me by my OB after my first was born, there is no child birth protection provided by Nature. If you don't want to have another baby right away, YOU have to take steps to make sure it doesn't happen.

Don't fret it either way. For as many as spaced their children out according to a plan, there are just as many who took them when God gave them. It all works out.

Return to Top
#1814593 - 05/15/13 07:09 PM Re: Wife might be pregnant again... Norman Paperman
Soccer Offline
Diamond Poster
Utopia
The timing is never right! As stated by your friends here, it will all work out. My girls are 4 years apart(now 21 & 17) and sometimes it was great and others not so great so nothing is ever perfect. I hope either way life will be good to your family! Enjoy:)

Return to Top
#1814634 - 05/15/13 07:51 PM Re: Wife might be pregnant again... Norman Paperman
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Corky - I can't believe your grandchildren are 4 and 5 now. Where does the time go?

Return to Top
#1814642 - 05/15/13 07:56 PM Re: Wife might be pregnant again... Norman Paperman
*W*W* Offline
Platinum Poster
I can relate. We have an 11 month old and had the same scare a few months ago. It was negative. If it were to happen, my initial response would be to cry. At the same time, I know we would figure it out an be ok.

I'm BFing as well. Her hormones may just be a little out of whack right now. Either way, like everyone else said, it'll work out. smile smile

Opinions expressed are my own and do not reflect the views of my employer.

Return to Top
#1814649 - 05/15/13 08:03 PM Re: Wife might be pregnant again... Norman Paperman
ecrew,CRCM Offline
100 Club
ecrew,CRCM
Fl
*W*W* - can you believe your little is almost 1??!!! Time flies. Our third is going to be 10 months old tomorrow, and she was an unexpected pregnancy. And when I found out I was pregnant with her, I did cry... alot. But, now, couldn't see my life without her. Never thought I would have three kids, but we have made it work. It's hard, won't lie, but I wouldn't change it smile

Return to Top
#1814747 - 05/15/13 09:44 PM Re: Wife might be pregnant again... Truffle Royale
'Lil Freak! Offline
10K Club
'Lil Freak!
The psych ward
Originally Posted By: Truffle Royale
For as many as spaced their children out according to a plan, there are just as many who took them when God gave them. It all works out.

Mom popped us three boys out in successive years. My parents tried for years and nothing happened, so when it finally did they just went for it. I like to believe my parents chose to stop with me because they had achieved perfection at that point....

Return to Top
#1814749 - 05/15/13 09:50 PM Re: Wife might be pregnant again... Norman Paperman
*W*W* Offline
Platinum Poster
lcrew- I knew our little ones were close in age, but couldn't remember exactly. No, I can't believe my baby is about to be 1!! It's been trying at times and has tested me is so many ways, but I love, love, love my little one!!

Garrett01- Don't know if you're wife is aware of La Leche League llli.org. They have great forums that offer support on a multitude of topics, not just BFing and a wealth of information. If I'm not reading threads on BOL at 2am, I'm on llli.org.
Last edited by *W*W*; 05/15/13 09:54 PM.

Opinions expressed are my own and do not reflect the views of my employer.

Return to Top
#1814777 - 05/15/13 11:55 PM Re: Wife might be pregnant again... 'Lil Freak!
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
Originally Posted By: 'Lil Freak!
Originally Posted By: Truffle Royale
For as many as spaced their children out according to a plan, there are just as many who took them when God gave them. It all works out.

Mom popped us three boys out in successive years. My parents tried for years and nothing happened, so when it finally did they just went for it. I like to believe my parents chose to stop with me because they had achieved perfection at that point....

Did you type that with a straight face?

Return to Top
#1814847 - 05/16/13 02:01 PM Re: Wife might be pregnant again... Norman Paperman
Norman Paperman Offline
Diamond Poster
Norman Paperman
48.934476, -114.343735
Well folks...

Here is the breakdown

- Yesterday Morning - Positive
- Yesterday Afternoon - Negative
- This Morning - Negative

Best two out of three wins. It's kind of weird though. We had already started entertaining the thought.

She still feels cruddy though.

Thanks for all of the words of support and the well wishes. Ya'll are good people; I don't care what the CFPB says about you. smile

CRCM

Return to Top
#1814857 - 05/16/13 02:13 PM Re: Wife might be pregnant again... Norman Paperman
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
The true test will be how she feels in 9 months. wink

As long as she is healthy, that is the important part. Hope she feels better soon.

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1814860 - 05/16/13 02:16 PM Re: Wife might be pregnant again... Norman Paperman
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
The Sovereign State Of Oklahom...
Originally Posted By: Garret01
Thanks for all of the words of support and the well wishes. Ya'll are good people; I don't care what the CFPB says about you. smile

We only worry if they start to like us! Live long and prosper....however many of you there turns out to be! smile

BTW, your attitude on the whole thing is great!

Return to Top
#1814874 - 05/16/13 02:36 PM Re: Wife might be pregnant again... Norman Paperman
ecrew,CRCM Offline
100 Club
ecrew,CRCM
Fl

Best two out of three wins. It's kind of weird though. We had already started entertaining the thought.

Isn't that funny, we freak out, panic and then go well it may not be so bad. Though I had a couple of "scares" in my past, our last "scare" was unexpected baby #3. We went through all the emotions, and now she is 10 months today and I can't picture her not being in our lives. It's tough at times, but well worth it.

Return to Top
#1815050 - 05/16/13 06:20 PM Re: Wife might be pregnant again... Norman Paperman
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...

I know it's not up to us but... Wow!

umm, unless it was the immaculate conception, it was entirely up to the 2 of you! 2 in diapers? yikes! mine were 10 years apart...

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett