Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1813307 - 05/10/13 06:47 PM Free Ppt Presentation on SARs for BOD
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Looking for the foundation for a board presentation on SARs? One of the best is the state by state SAR PowerPoint that FinCEN publishes annually. (You need Excel or Excel Viewer and Powerpoint or Powerpoint Viewer.)

Go to

Issue 18, SAR Activity Review - By the Numbers

Then:

* Click, link next to Section One

* Click, Exhibit 2 tab at the bottom of the page

* Scroll down to your state & click to go to a ppt presentation with SAR statistics for 2012 and a heat map showing SAR filings.

* Save it to your hard drive.

You can punch it up with a few extra slides regarding SAR filing in your institution.

P.S. If you're thinking: Hasn't he posted this before? The answer is, yes, I post it every year. It's really a great resource and last year they added some new information on SARs per county and SAR filing categorizations at the state level. Regardless, I encounter very few bankers who actually use the freebie it provides.

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1813309 - 05/10/13 06:50 PM Re: Free Ppt Presentation on SARs for BOD Elwood P. Dowd
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
I use it! smile My BOD loves it! Thanks for posting so I don't have to dig for it. wink

Return to Top
#1813310 - 05/10/13 06:50 PM Re: Free Ppt Presentation on SARs for BOD Elwood P. Dowd
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
I use it!
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#1813360 - 05/10/13 07:49 PM Re: Free Ppt Presentation on SARs for BOD Elwood P. Dowd
Doug Hendrickson Offline
Power Poster
Doug Hendrickson
Any "trick" to getting the links from the last page to work? I've followed the instructions I get from PPT about updating the links, but the three links on the last page don't seem available.

Return to Top
#1813368 - 05/10/13 07:57 PM Re: Free Ppt Presentation on SARs for BOD Doug Hendrickson
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Right click on the link & it will give you a drop down list. Click on "open hyperlink." Wait. wink

Return to Top
#1813445 - 05/10/13 10:43 PM Re: Free Ppt Presentation on SARs for BOD Elwood P. Dowd
Doug Hendrickson Offline
Power Poster
Doug Hendrickson
Thanks Ken.

Return to Top
#1815094 - 05/16/13 07:45 PM Re: Free Ppt Presentation on SARs for BOD Elwood P. Dowd
Lilly C Offline
100 Club
Lilly C
Sunny Florida
I've used this and it's great! The information in it is more valuable to them because they see the numbers in our state vs. numbers nationwide that may not mean as much to them.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z