Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Thread Options
#1816034 - 05/21/13 12:43 PM Re: Dancing with the Stars - Spring 2013 Season GenerousLife
Ready to Retire Offline
Diamond Poster
Living in the land of Oz
I loved Kelli's freestyle. It was beautiful. I hope she wins. I love Zendaya but I really didn't think her freestyle deserved 3 10s. I wasn't sure how the judges would feel about Ally's freestyle, expecially Len, but they loved it. Jacoby was off all night last night.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1816048 - 05/21/13 01:23 PM Re: Dancing with the Stars - Spring 2013 Season GenerousLife
GenerousLife Offline
Diamond Poster
USA
Due to the tornado coverage last night, DWTS was not broadcast in our area. I hope to be able to watch it over the Internet. Sounds like it was a good episode.

Return to Top
#1816054 - 05/21/13 01:28 PM Re: Dancing with the Stars - Spring 2013 Season GenerousLife
Ready to Retire Offline
Diamond Poster
Living in the land of Oz
It was. Hope you can get it. Helio Castenevros (I'm sure I didnt' spell that right, and two pros, Chelsea and Louis were on GMA this morning. Jelio and Chelsea picked Zendaya to win. Louis picked Kelli.

Return to Top
#1816138 - 05/21/13 03:32 PM Re: Dancing with the Stars - Spring 2013 Season GenerousLife
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Zendaya came through as a kid last night and enough times in the regular season to make me think she's just not the best one.
I didn't like Alli's freestyle. Too much gymnastics and not enough dancing.
Jacoby was off. Too bad. His NOLA salute was a good idea.

Basically tho, I didn't like all the supersized additions to the freestyle. They should have put that in the champions season last time.
The freestyle should be the best dance that the star can do. That's what Kelli's was. It stretched her to limits I don't think she knew she could hit. Throw in the raw emotion between the two of them and I don't think there was a dry eye in the house or amoung those watching at home.

Between the Argentine tango and the freestyle, Kelli should win.

I think ranking the freestyles would have been a lot better than all the 10s they gave out. But then, I thought they ranked the cha cha bit incorrectly so who knows?

Return to Top
#1816166 - 05/21/13 04:18 PM Re: Dancing with the Stars - Spring 2013 Season GenerousLife
EllenA Offline
Platinum Poster
EllenA
Flushing, NY
Was it just me but I was a little surprised they allowed Mark to go ahead with what was basically a stripper pole. They made so much of the fact that they had to be carefull with Zendaya because she is only 16, but Ally is only 18. Also, no one made that connection? Maybe the other judges didn't mention it because she is young but Carrie Ann did allude to it. They weren't even able to shoot it correctly so we could see the "dance" moves that were done toward the top of the pole. Bizarre.

Return to Top
#1816170 - 05/21/13 04:24 PM Re: Dancing with the Stars - Spring 2013 Season GenerousLife
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
No, I didn't realize Ally was only 18. I thought she was older. of course, 18 is legal so maybe the judges didn't think they had to protect her as much???

I was taken aback by the comments about Derek's choreography. Derek has rarely done things in spite of the rules. Mark and Max were the ones noted for that. Mark seems to be in a whole bambam mode this season, imo. It played to Ally's choppy gymnastics background but didn't do much to show her as as ballroom dancer. And yes, I agree. The poles were over the top.

Return to Top
#1816273 - 05/21/13 07:58 PM Re: Dancing with the Stars - Spring 2013 Season GenerousLife
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
I have not watched all season, but caught it last night. I was blown away by Kelli. All of her dances were amazing and in a whole other league above the other dancers IMO.

Return to Top
#1816346 - 05/22/13 11:38 AM Re: Dancing with the Stars - Spring 2013 Season GenerousLife
Ready to Retire Offline
Diamond Poster
Living in the land of Oz
Yea Kelli! Waiting to watch them all on GMA

Return to Top
#1816412 - 05/22/13 02:26 PM Re: Dancing with the Stars - Spring 2013 Season GenerousLife
ecrew,CRCM Offline
100 Club
ecrew,CRCM
Fl
I voted for Zendaya, but I am not disappointed that Kelli won. As others have said, her dances have all been consistent. It was a good thing Derek went with a stripped down dance, because at first he wasn't going to. It was a beautiful, moving dance for all.

THough Zendaya is young, she is the first Disney star to make it to the finals, and she has a lot of potential. My daughter will be disappointed tonight when she watches the recorded show but I doubt she stopping looking at Zendaya as a role model. And you know what, I am good with that (for now....)

Return to Top
#1816515 - 05/22/13 05:27 PM Re: Dancing with the Stars - Spring 2013 Season GenerousLife
Dazed Auditor Offline
Platinum Poster
Dazed Auditor
Acceptance, USA America
Chealsea Kane and Kyle Massey both made it to the finals.

I think being a good runner up is an excellent role model.

Return to Top
#1816560 - 05/22/13 06:45 PM Re: Dancing with the Stars - Spring 2013 Season GenerousLife
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
I would not think that any celebrity is a good role model or even a "star".

CAMS

Return to Top
#1816576 - 05/22/13 06:59 PM Re: Dancing with the Stars - Spring 2013 Season GenerousLife
ecrew,CRCM Offline
100 Club
ecrew,CRCM
Fl
I don't agree EdAdudit.
For instance, Zendaya is only 16 years old and yes she is a celebrity, but she worked hard to be that star. She was extrememly shy as a child and broke through that shyness. But she is also involved in organzations that help not only people but also the environment. Now,does she do that because she works for Disney, maybe, but my daughter is only 7. She likes watching Shake It Up, which Zendaya is one of the main characters. It's a cute show. My daughter is in her second year of dance, and wants to continue because she wants to be as good (or better) than Zendaya. I don't see anything wrong with that. I prefer her to look at Zendaya as a role model than some of the other celebrities out there. Now if Zendaya goes all wild, I would probably have an issue, but by then I'm sure my daughter will be looking at someone else as a role model.

Return to Top
#1816587 - 05/22/13 07:14 PM Re: Dancing with the Stars - Spring 2013 Season GenerousLife
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
I do not know Zendaya my (daugher is only 5 and may list sophia the first as a roll model but I digress)I would perfer her to look to my wife as a roll model (except for the spending part). Based upon your post here I would say that you would be a more appropriate roll model for your daughter.

Remember Miley was a roll model a just few years back.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1816596 - 05/22/13 07:24 PM Re: Dancing with the Stars - Spring 2013 Season GenerousLife
ecrew,CRCM Offline
100 Club
ecrew,CRCM
Fl
Thank you, I would like to think that she looks at me as a role model or at least one day look at me as one. I definitely look at my parents as role models, but I have to say, I didn't as a child. They were the ones who told me no, or as I used to put it "My mom is the annoying mom who HAS to go on EVERY fieldtrip" She was a stay at home mom and I didn't get it. Now that I am a mom, I tell her Thank you for going on EVERY fieldtrip, because I wish I could. I wish I could volunteer at all her school functions, and just "annoy" her. smile The funny part, she want me to, but I can't. frown

Ok, sorry blush. Yeah Kelli for winning laugh

Return to Top
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6