Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#1820804 - 06/05/13 09:25 PM teller stickers versus teller signs
Trees Offline
Power Poster
Examiner says we need the signs at all windows. We used the stickers and a sign every other window. Please advise just what we are required to use at the teller windows. If sign, must it measure 3 x 8?

Return to Top
General Discussion
#1820815 - 06/05/13 09:38 PM Re: teller stickers versus teller signs Trees
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Sec. 328.1 Official sign.

(a) The official sign referred to in this part shall be 7" by 3" in size, with black lettering and gold background, and of the following design:

Return to Top
#1820848 - 06/06/13 12:01 PM Re: teller stickers versus teller signs Trees
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Years ago (about 12 or so) the bank I worked for was cited for the 7" x 3" requirement. The FDIC logo was on the teller name plate and the measurements weren't correct. Now - of course the examiners have much more to look for now, but if could be an easy catch for them.

Return to Top
#1820851 - 06/06/13 12:05 PM Re: teller stickers versus teller signs Trees
TryingtoComply Offline
Diamond Poster
The West
We are being examined by the FDIC right now and they visited our branch to verify that we had all the required signs and notices. I would not deviate from the size requirements and agree that it would be an easy catch for them.

Return to Top
#1820871 - 06/06/13 01:05 PM Re: teller stickers versus teller signs Trees
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
§ 328.2 Display and procurement of official sign.

(a) Display of official sign. Each insured depository institution shall continuously display the official sign at each station or window where insured deposits are usually and normally received in the depository institution's principal place of business and in all its branches.

as above but it must be at each station or window

I do not think that "We used the stickers and a sign every other window." would fly if they are to make an issue of it.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1820926 - 06/06/13 02:07 PM Re: teller stickers versus teller signs edAudit
HR Banker Offline
Diamond Poster
328.2(a)(2) Varied signs. Instead of displaying the official sign, an insured depository institution may display signs that vary from the official sign in size, color, or material at any location where display of the official sign is required or permitted under this § 328.2(a). However, any such varied sign that is displayed in locations where display of the official sign is required under this § 328.2(a) must not be smaller in size than the official sign and must have the same color for the text and symbols.

It seems you can have some variations with restrictions.

Return to Top
#1820930 - 06/06/13 02:10 PM Re: teller stickers versus teller signs Trees
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
It seems you can have some variations with restrictions.

Yes, basically it can be larger than 7x3 smile

Return to Top
#1820980 - 06/06/13 03:05 PM Re: teller stickers versus teller signs Trees
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
And instead of the black and gold you can use two other colors that provide sharp contrast and legibility (white on navy, for example). The graphic and the text must be the same color.

As for putting it up at "every other teller station" I have seen setups where a conforming sticker was placed on plexiglass that's part of the teller "window" setup, half way between tellers. So that an eight-teller setup would have seven stickers. Personally, I don't think the piddling savings is worth the examiner discussions. Arrange to have the sign posted at each window.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top