Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#1824603 - 06/18/13 05:10 PM At least she has her looks to fall back on........
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Question: A recent report shows that in 40 percent of American families with children, women are the primary earners, yet they continue to earn less than men. What does this say about society?

Miss Utah Answer: I think we can relate this back to education, and how we are continuing to try to strive ... to ... figure out how to create jobs right now. That is the biggest problem. And I think, especially the men are ... seen as the leaders of this, and so we need to see how to create education better. So that we can solve this problem. Thank you.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1824608 - 06/18/13 05:23 PM Re: At least she has her looks to fall back on........ Peepers
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
The Sovereign State Of Oklahom...
Bless her little heart.... laugh

I seriously hope she just got flustered. It reminded me of Miss Congeniality.....
Stan Fields: Miss Rhode Island, please describe your idea of a perfect date.
Cheryl "Rhode Island": That's a tough one. I'd have to say April 25th. Because it's not too hot, not too cold, all you need is a light jacket

Return to Top
#1824609 - 06/18/13 05:27 PM Re: At least she has her looks to fall back on........ Peepers
raitchjay Offline
Power Poster
OK
It's always funny how they think they need to delve into politics with their answers; her answer to the question could have been as simple as: "It says we don't value women as much as we should."

Return to Top
#1824612 - 06/18/13 05:29 PM Re: At least she has her looks to fall back on........ Peepers
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
RJ, "I dont know" would have been a better answer than the one she gave!

Bless her little heart. laugh

Return to Top
#1824619 - 06/18/13 05:37 PM Re: At least she has her looks to fall back on........ Bankbb1, PITA
*W*W* Offline
Platinum Poster
I just happened to tune in when they started the interviews. She wasn't the only that gave an answer that left you saying, "what?" confused But this was probably the worst.

I thought Connecticut did a good job.

Opinions expressed are my own and do not reflect the views of my employer.

Return to Top
#1824621 - 06/18/13 05:40 PM Re: At least she has her looks to fall back on........ Peepers
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
It is all about free publicity for the pagent. Without these wonderfull moment people would stop watching (except peepers).

CAMS

Return to Top
#1824627 - 06/18/13 05:41 PM Re: At least she has her looks to fall back on........ edAudit
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Question: Should people who leak classified documents in the name of public information be charged with treason? Why or why not?

Miss South Carolina Answer: I don’t believe that they should be charged with treason. Personally I think that being a part of this country we have been given specific documents for specific reasons. Our lawmakers have put that into their decisions for certain reasons. And if we feel the need to have to show those documents, then I think we should show them.

Return to Top
#1824629 - 06/18/13 05:42 PM Re: At least she has her looks to fall back on........ edAudit
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: EdAudit
It is all about free publicity for the pagent. Without these wonderfull moment people would stop watching (except peepers).

I just watch for the ads

Return to Top
#1824632 - 06/18/13 05:45 PM Re: At least she has her looks to fall back on........ Peepers
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
Originally Posted By: Peepers
Question: Should people who leak classified documents in the name of public information be charged with treason? Why or why not?

Miss South Carolina Answer: I don’t believe that they should be charged with treason. Personally I think that being a part of this country we have been given specific documents for specific reasons. Our lawmakers have put that into their decisions for certain reasons. And if we feel the need to have to show those documents, then I think we should show them.

There goes the next govenor of South Carolina..... laugh

Return to Top
#1824634 - 06/18/13 05:45 PM Re: At least she has her looks to fall back on........ Peepers
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
At least after reading these responses I feel smart. laugh

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1824639 - 06/18/13 05:48 PM Re: At least she has her looks to fall back on........ Peepers
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
if not for the clips of this, i wouldn't have even known the pageant was on.

And how ironic that a pageant which sole goal is to glorify the looks of women would ask a question about why women are valued less in the workplace than men...

Return to Top
#1824640 - 06/18/13 05:48 PM Re: At least she has her looks to fall back on........ Peepers
raitchjay Offline
Power Poster
OK

How shocking/funny would it have been if she had started in on the Federalist Papers and thrown out an Alger Hiss reference?

Return to Top
#1824644 - 06/18/13 05:49 PM Re: At least she has her looks to fall back on........ manimal
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
Originally Posted By: manimal
At least after reading these responses I feel smart. laugh

Sweetie, after those responses an amoeba feels smart. crazy

Return to Top
#1824648 - 06/18/13 05:51 PM Re: At least she has her looks to fall back on........ Bankbb1, PITA
Peepers Offline
10K Club
If I were producing the pageant I would allow contestants, when faced with a challenging question, to elect to rip off their clothes as an option to answering the question.

I would require they wear a thong though, I'm classy like that.

Return to Top
#1824652 - 06/18/13 05:54 PM Re: At least she has her looks to fall back on........ Peepers
raitchjay Offline
Power Poster
OK
America, we can make Peepers our Miss USA commissioner: believe in change.

Return to Top
#1824664 - 06/18/13 05:59 PM Re: At least she has her looks to fall back on........ Peepers
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
Peepers is right! America is about choices and the opportunity to go with ones strengths!
Last edited by Bankbb1, PITA; 06/18/13 05:59 PM.

Return to Top
#1824675 - 06/18/13 06:09 PM Re: At least she has her looks to fall back on........ raitchjay
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
Originally Posted By: raitchjay

With 365 birthday wishes per year, this could become a reality.

::sets DVR to record Miss USA pageants::

Return to Top
#1824687 - 06/18/13 06:21 PM Re: At least she has her looks to fall back on........ GuitarDude
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
Originally Posted By: GuitarDude
Originally Posted By: raitchjay

With 365 birthday wishes per year, this could become a reality.

::sets DVR to record Miss USA pageants::

::Begins writing quantum physics questions for the pageant!!!::

Return to Top
#1824703 - 06/18/13 06:33 PM Re: At least she has her looks to fall back on........ HappyGilmore
*W*W* Offline
Platinum Poster
Originally Posted By: HappyGilmore
if not for the clips of this, i wouldn't have even known the pageant was on.

And how ironic that a pageant which sole goal is to glorify the looks of women would ask a question about why women are valued less in the workplace than men...

Wait! What?! I thought this was a scholarship program. wink

Opinions expressed are my own and do not reflect the views of my employer.

Return to Top
#1824710 - 06/18/13 06:43 PM Re: At least she has her looks to fall back on........ Peepers
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
I don't think anyone is accusing them of being rocket scientists, but I think I know where the first response was going with it. Albeit hard to understand because her sentences were all over the place.

These people tend to be young and fairly inexperienced. I think the level of questions they are asking tends to be a bit too much.

Perhaps some better questions would be: Why do you want to be Miss USA? What do you do for fun? Etc. For example, BHO comes up with some well articulated answers to questions asked to him, which have equally as illogical content as Miss Utah's response.

Return to Top
#1824758 - 06/18/13 07:39 PM Re: At least she has her looks to fall back on........ Bankbb1, PITA
Hobbes Offline
100 Club
Hobbes
On a sled
Originally Posted By: Bankbb1, PITA

There goes the next govenor of South Carolina..... laugh

She can't be worse than what we currently have. The papers here have a big article about her answer - supposedly she didn't "hear" the whole question and just rattled off an answer to the few words she did hear.

Sigh - sometimes I can't believe I moved here. Nice place to visit, though.

Return to Top
#1824763 - 06/18/13 07:49 PM Re: At least she has her looks to fall back on........ Peepers
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Life is not a piece of cake when you are beautiful.

Return to Top
#1824775 - 06/18/13 08:13 PM Re: At least she has her looks to fall back on........ Bankbb1, PITA
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: Bankbb1, PITA

There goes the next 1st lady of South Carolina..... laugh

Fixed. Seriously though, these pageants are stupid, so the contestants have no choice but to follow suit.

Return to Top
#1824781 - 06/18/13 08:16 PM Re: At least she has her looks to fall back on........ Peepers
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
If I were producing the pageant I would allow contestants, when faced with a challenging question, to elect to rip off their clothes as an option to answering the question.

I would require they wear a thong though, I'm classy like that.

Based on the answers given, they'd think you meant the thong sandals and wear those.

Return to Top
#1824783 - 06/18/13 08:17 PM Re: At least she has her looks to fall back on........ Peepers
KC Danimal Offline
Platinum Poster
KC Danimal
Kansas City
Merica the Beautiful

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2