Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1826838 - 06/24/13 08:31 PM Legal Notices
Carly Girl Offline
Power Poster
TEXAS
I need help with legal notices such as IRS levies, child support liens, etc. I've looked online for seminars but didn't find anything. This is all new to me and I need some help. The lady who handled all this stuff just retired so I didn't get any training and I'm left hanging on the do's and dont's. Can somebody push me in the right direction please?

Thanks!

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#1826887 - 06/24/13 09:23 PM Re: Legal Notices Carly Girl
Double U Offline
100 Club
Double U
BBN
http://calendar.bollearningconnect.com/main.php?view=event&eventid=1369924778095

The above link will point you to a webinar conducted by Ken Goliher on Garnishments & Federal Benefit payments. It was conducted this past Friday, but I am sure you could still obtain a copy of the presentation.

Return to Top
#1827058 - 06/25/13 02:57 PM Re: Legal Notices Carly Girl
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
Last week's webinar addresses only the effect that the Treasury's "Garnishment of Accounts Containing Federal Benefits Payments" will have on a bank's already-established procedures for handling garnishments. Ken took great pains to explain that it does not address state-specific laws and regulations on garnishments.

You can find another of Ken's webinars, on "Developing Written Procedures for Handling Third Party Claims for Customer Funds and Information," in the BOL Banker Store at http://www.bankersonline.com/bankerstore...roducts_id=2180

If you don't have policies and procedures in place for handling these legal documents, you should invest some time and bank funds in getting help from a local attorney with expertise in state civil and criminal procedure to go over your state's requirements. You can also check with the state bankers association to see if it has any source materials or training on this complex topic.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#1827230 - 06/25/13 05:32 PM Re: Legal Notices Carly Girl
Carly Girl Offline
Power Poster
TEXAS
As far as I know John, we do not not have any procedures for handling legal notices. At least no one has given or provided any. I will check with our CRCM just to be sure but I bet it's going to be a no. Thank You smile

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett