Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1829300 - 07/01/13 05:38 PM Loan Purchases from Habitat for Humanity
FancyMe Offline
Florida
My bank has an opportunity to purchase loans from three local Habitat for Humanity affiliates. Any prior experiences that you can share - either positive or negative? As they would be a pool of loans ($1mill and over)purchased from each, I believe they would be whole loans and hit the HMDA, and they will service. Appreciate your sharing....

Return to Top
CRA
#1829302 - 07/01/13 05:39 PM In-Kind Rental Space to Non Profits - Investment? FancyMe
FancyMe Offline
Florida
How do you capture CRA credit for in-kind rental space/annual leases of bank owned property to non-profits? Do you capture the market value rents under CRA Investment credit or service?

Return to Top
#1838354 - 08/01/13 12:02 PM Re: Loan Purchases from Habitat for Humanity FancyMe
trinna Offline
Gold Star
trinna
Midwest
I am going to apologize upfront - since I don't have an answer to your questions as I am brand new to this Habitat for Humanity purchasing world - but I would like to jump in here with a request. Since your bank has experience with purchasing these types of loans, would you mind sharing your procedures, checklists, insight, anything you have that would help me to know what documentation is necessary / mandatory in the process? The person who was our "point person" left the bank and I was nominated and no one seems to have any good information. I can follow what the prior person has done in the past but just not sure..... Any help is better than no help at all. I would really appreciate it.

Return to Top
#1838574 - 08/01/13 06:02 PM Re: Loan Purchases from Habitat for Humanity FancyMe
Jade'sFire Offline
Gold Star
Jade'sFire
Yaven IV
We have two locations that we "rent" to non profits. I put together a report to show a reasonable market value for these spaces in comparison to what we charged (one for free and one heavily discounted). I included these items with our CD Investments. Both were given credit for both.

Return to Top
#1838609 - 08/01/13 06:56 PM Re: Loan Purchases from Habitat for Humanity FancyMe
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Just curious FancyMe, since these are 0% interest loans, did you buy at a discount? Are you paying for servicing? Do you know what the delinquency rate is for Habitat paper? Have you considered any Dodd Frank implications (not sure there are any) ? Just wondering out loud.....

Return to Top
#1893602 - 02/04/14 09:05 PM Re: Loan Purchases from Habitat for Humanity FancyMe
MyKidsMom Offline
Platinum Poster
MyKidsMom
TEXAS
I think the Reg. Z .39 notice of transfer applies to the Habitat loan purchases. Is that right?

Return to Top