Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1829328 - 07/01/13 06:18 PM Existing Customers Not Matching DL
HR Banker Offline
Diamond Poster
Customer Jim Doe has existing accounts. Borrows money for a new car. We see his driver's license shows him as James A. Doe. So if I understand the new rules we have to file the lien statement on his new car as James A. Doe. Since he's been in our system for several years as Jim is our best option to now go and change any existing accounts to James A.? Same situation with John Smith who has gone by his middle name all his life and his account docs have him as Scott Smith. I'm talking about longtime customers established long before CIP, etc.

Return to Top
Article 9
#1829367 - 07/01/13 07:13 PM Re: Existing Customers Not Matching DL HR Banker
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
You file a UCC for a car loan?

Return to Top
#1829375 - 07/01/13 07:22 PM Re: Existing Customers Not Matching DL rlcarey
HR Banker Offline
Diamond Poster
Sorry, not thinking clearly. No. I've had title lien statements on my mind for this. Actually I'm the former compliance officer so I'm not as up to date and was just responding to a question I was asked based on a conversation I started.
Last edited by ltackett; 07/01/13 07:24 PM.
Return to Top
#1829376 - 07/01/13 07:21 PM Re: Existing Customers Not Matching DL HR Banker
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
I was thinking the same thing. I realize things vary from state to state, but most place a lien on the title following their own method.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#1835116 - 07/22/13 04:33 PM Re: Existing Customers Not Matching DL HR Banker
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Instead of a new car, say it was farm equipment.

Return to Top
#1835351 - 07/23/13 12:06 AM Re: Existing Customers Not Matching DL HR Banker
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Well, I'm by far an expert on the new UCC-9 and there are a plethora of articles on the internet written by actual attorneys. If you are going to rely on information from the internet on this issue, you might want to refer to them.

Personally, I would be sitting down with my own legal counsel to make sure the bank has their bases covered. This is too important of an issue to screw up.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, Sam Ott