Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1830555 - 07/05/13 02:57 PM US Client wire transfer to Debarred Party
Compgal Offline
Would anyone know if our US client can wire funds to a debarred party outside of the US?

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1830561 - 07/05/13 03:04 PM Re: US Client wire transfer to Debarred Party Compgal
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Define "debarred".

Return to Top
#1830565 - 07/05/13 03:07 PM Re: US Client wire transfer to Debarred Party rlcarey
Compgal Offline
The company to where the funds are going is a match within our filter list DTC list of Debarred Parties.

Return to Top
#1830571 - 07/05/13 03:13 PM Re: US Client wire transfer to Debarred Party Compgal
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Can they wire money to them - sure. Does the bank want to be involved in a transaction with someone that has been convicted basically of arms smuggling or other illegal arms activity?

I'll let you be the judge of that depending on the context of the relationship between your client and the other person.

Return to Top
#1830572 - 07/05/13 03:15 PM Re: US Client wire transfer to Debarred Party Compgal
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
The persons (including entities and individuals) listed in documents linked below have been convicted of violating or conspiracy to violate the Arms Export Control Act (AECA). As a consequence, they are subject to “statutory debarment” pursuant to §38(g)(4) of the AECA and §127.7 of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Thus, these persons are prohibited from participating directly or indirectly in the export of defense articles (including technical data) and defense services. The names of these parties and their ineligibility for defense trade have been previously published by DDTC in the Federal Register. Statutory debarment remains in effect unless the debarred person's application for reinstatement of export privileges is granted by DDTC; notice of reinstatement will be published in the Federal Register and the person's name will be removed from the list.

http://pmddtc.state.gov/compliance/debar_intro.html

CAMS

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z