BOL Conferences
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Thread Options Tools
#183163 - 06/03/04 09:48 PM Re: Conference Countdown - Join Us for Pizza
Lestie G Offline

Power Poster
Near the Land of Enchantment
Quote:

And for those of you sitting in my Wrigley seats - can ya do me a favor and bring on some better days at Wrigley for goodness sakes!

I'll do my best!! I'm under strict orders from my baseball-crazy nephew to bring back prime souvenirs, so I'll have to wander around behind the stands at some point.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#183164 - 06/03/04 11:25 PM Re: Conference Countdown - Join Us for Pizza
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
OK, I am outta here. Finish packing tonight and start making my way north. We are driving and making a mini-vacation out of this too; I have a stop in St. Louis and one in New Lenox on the way up. Probably stop in Lockport as well, anyone ever heard of it?

We are still deciding on the return trip stops. Got invited to tour the Old Charter distillery, might have to take them up on that!! It's not too far out of the way-----if we get enough samples!

Return to Top
#183165 - 06/03/04 11:44 PM Re: Conference Countdown - Join Us for Pizza
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
I have had a change in plans and will not be attending due to my father having open heart surgery in the past 3 weeks. He is finally on the mend after some very trying days but I don't want to travel that far so soon considering how shaky things were. He just got out of intensive care. A member of my staff is going in my place. I am recommending she look up the BOL group.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#183166 - 06/04/04 02:31 AM Re: Conference Countdown
Jay-Risk Offline
Gold Star
New England
I am flying from Logan in Boston to Chicago, arriving Sunday morning and am looking forward to the conference. A long-time IT audit, security background -- but I'm looking forward to the "big picture" overall compliance focus, since I've taken on new role and OFAC/BSA is very hot with our institution. I received my e-mail after registering, and I'm looking forward to the conference.

I hope this isn't a stupid question, but does anyone know the approximate number of attendees? I had two weird conference experiences over the past year: I attended one conference run by the Informations Systems Audit & Control Association (ISACA), and there were 1,800 attendees. Though well-run, it was almost unwieldy with that many attendees. The second workshop was an information security/privacy conference with 86 attendees (much fewer than they thought would attend) and it ended up feeling like it was too small.

I need this break, so a few days in Chicago will be nice.

Return to Top
#183167 - 06/04/04 01:06 PM Re: Conference Countdown
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
In all expect about 1,100 folks there to learn, to teach and to sell.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#183168 - 06/04/04 02:15 PM Re: Conference Countdown
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
Please read my post here so I don't have to type it twice.

Return to Top
#183169 - 06/04/04 02:42 PM Re: Conference Countdown
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you David, and in my prayers when they are not.

I hope this isn't because you don't want to answer the questions about "joint intent".

Get well!
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#183170 - 06/04/04 02:50 PM Re: Conference Countdown
Kaos Offline
100 Club
Kaos
Quote:

In all expect about 1,100 folks there to learn, to teach and to sell.

OK, so now I'm overwhelmed. That's more people than the town I live in!

Return to Top
#183171 - 06/04/04 03:20 PM Re: Conference Countdown
Lestie G Offline

Power Poster
Near the Land of Enchantment
I've only been to one other of these conferences, but it was well run, and the number of people wasn't an issue in my opinion. ABA has it well organized.

Return to Top
#183172 - 06/04/04 04:06 PM Re: Conference Countdown
Jay-Risk Offline
Gold Star
New England
Thank you for the information, Andy. I will be there to learn, listen, browse and network.

Return to Top
#183173 - 06/04/04 04:43 PM Re: Conference Countdown
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Just be sure to browse and network some by the BOL booth. We look forward to seeing all y'all. (For those not from the south, that is the plurality of "y'all")

Return to Top
#183174 - 06/04/04 05:01 PM Re: Conference Countdown
William Offline
Gold Star
William
In a location
I have had a family emergency; therefore I will not be able to attend. So, WJ, please take me off the list. I am very sorry that I will not get to meet many of you.

Return to Top
#183175 - 06/04/04 06:09 PM Re: Conference Countdown
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
Quote:

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you David, and in my prayers when they are not.

I hope this isn't because you don't want to answer the questions about "joint intent".

Get well!

Thanks Andy. Actually, I was looking forward to the "intent" discussion.

Here's an update: I went to the doctor this morning. He gave me a shot and a new antibiotic. He thought this would run its course in 5 days. I moved my flight to Monday. I'll be arriving around 4 pm on Monday. I'm going to miss the Pizza Party and Saturday night dinner. This way I can still present (hopefully) on Tuesday afternoon.

Ken/Pegasus: Thank you for your kind words in the PM you sent me. I was unable to reply by PM for some odd reason.

Return to Top
#183176 - 06/07/04 03:16 PM Re: Conference Countdown
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
Well . . . I'm back, kind of. I'm much better, but not full of energy. I lost 14 pounds (I only started at 160) but I haven't been running a fever since Saturday noon. I'm low on energy, but coming back.

I'm flying to Chicago this afternoon, so I hope to see all of you soon.

Return to Top
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6