Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1833852 - 07/17/13 09:38 PM BIC of Collateral Internal Audit
dg Offline
Platinum Poster
Pacific NW
I have been put in charge to respond to the requirement to complete an audit every 12 mos for the FR as participating in the BIC program. Have no idea what this is and where to find any information on how to perform the audit. Any direction?

Return to Top
Audit
#1833856 - 07/17/13 09:47 PM Re: BIC of Collateral Internal Audit dg
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
If you search the internet for federal reserve borrower in custody you will find a great deal of info from the Fed.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#1833865 - 07/17/13 10:25 PM Re: BIC of Collateral Internal Audit dg
califgirl Offline
Diamond Poster
califgirl
The O.C., California

Return to Top
#1833871 - 07/17/13 11:01 PM Re: BIC of Collateral Internal Audit dg
dg Offline
Platinum Poster
Pacific NW
Well I looked through the above site and found some information. Does anyone audit and report, that may be willing to share auditing procedures, procedures and policy, if one is necessary?

Return to Top
#1833878 - 07/17/13 11:42 PM Re: BIC of Collateral Internal Audit dg
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
All of the fed districts have extensive information on their websites, enough to put together an audit program covering all requirements.

FRBNY states, in a chart they provide,

The FRBNY requires DIs to provide periodic audits of BIC collateral. The DI shall notify the FRBNY immediately of any irregularities discovered during any audits. The audit must include a review and assessment of compliance with all BIC guidelines. A complete audit report including any findings and management’s response and corrective action plan should be included with the annual BIC certification form.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#1835681 - 07/23/13 07:27 PM Re: BIC of Collateral Internal Audit Kathleen O. Blanchard
Cornfed Turtle Offline
Diamond Poster
"...Somewhere in Middle Americ...
Sept: I made a spreadsheet based on requirements of the particular types of loans we were pledging. I pull a list of our pledged loans each year, sample and run them across the checklist. Each loan type has different requirements (days late allowed, LTV limits, etc)

Lastly, I check the general requirements from the sources listed above: how we separate the loan files, do we file reports on time. etc.

Hope that helps a bit.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z