Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1835943 - 07/24/13 04:07 PM Consumer Complaint Log
Amandak Offline
Wisconsin
Just curiuos, what kind of complaints is everybody logging? Are you including I don't like your telephone hold music or just complaints that are effective of products and services.

Also, can we weed out the complaints by asking "would you like to file an offical complaint?"

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#1835978 - 07/24/13 04:47 PM Re: Consumer Complaint Log Amandak
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
We have two 'levels' of complaints, business-as-usual complaints and escalated complaints. BAU complaints are the day-to-day things like billing errors and reg E disputes (and hold music, don't like the donuts in the lobby, etc.). Escalated complaints are regulatory complaints, anything discrimination/UDAAP/FL related, and complaints that were BAU but haven't been resolved to the customer's satisfaction and have been sent 'up the chain', so to speak.

We track both categories and provide management with segregated numbers and overall totals. I hope this helps!

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1836113 - 07/24/13 07:57 PM Re: Consumer Complaint Log manimal
Amandak Offline
Wisconsin
Thanks manimal that gives me a start. How did you train your staff to know the difference between a comment or a complaint?

Return to Top
#1836123 - 07/24/13 08:07 PM Re: Consumer Complaint Log Amandak
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
We provided a general definition (basically what I wrote above) and examples in our procedures. It's not a perfect system, and I still sometimes have to tell people to complete the procedures when I hear about something a customer didn't like... but I guess it will always be a work in progress. smile

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1836238 - 07/25/13 11:51 AM Re: Consumer Complaint Log Amandak
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Lets not forget CRA related complaints that need to be in the public file.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1836262 - 07/25/13 01:20 PM Re: Consumer Complaint Log Amandak
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
Yes, excellent point.

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1836272 - 07/25/13 01:46 PM Re: Consumer Complaint Log edAudit
Amandak Offline
Wisconsin
That we have coverd wink It is all the other complaints. I think I may just do when doubt write it out, this way we should have all bases covered. Thanks for you help!!

Return to Top
#1836295 - 07/25/13 02:38 PM Re: Consumer Complaint Log Amandak
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Mani, how are your various units logging the complaints? Are you using a central technology to assist, is it siloed and flows up, or another solution?

As part of our UDAAP review, as well as increased commentary on complaint management from CRA and FL, and the hand flailing by ABA and others, we too have looked at this a little closer and feel we can improve our system... currently far too siloed, and needs to be more enterprisewide.

Return to Top
#1836307 - 07/25/13 02:54 PM Re: Consumer Complaint Log Amandak
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
Everything comes to the compliance department for tracking. Currently I am able to manage it with a spreadsheet, and I can analyze the data pretty easily.

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1837287 - 07/29/13 04:12 PM Re: Consumer Complaint Log Amandak
Andy_Z Online
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Management would vary based on assets, as that relates to branches, departments/lines of business, etc. I managed an XL log but I know some larger banks have a database and in many cases a branch can add the problem and the solution to show it was handled, but can now be tracked. Access would be good for this on an intranet I think. The bank has to allow menu choices IMHO to get the common complaint categories.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett