Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1805474 - 04/17/13 03:13 PM Risk Matrix
Wolfy Offline
Wolfy
Mid West
So as the new IT manager I have been asked about the bank's Risk Assement but also the banks IT Risk Matrix. Digging has shown the bank has not had a RA done for to long so that will have to be done from scratch either by me or we will hire a firm. But the real question of this post, does any one have a sample Risk Matrix or a sample RA with the matrix in it I could look at?

Coming from IT managmenet at a fortune 50 company to a small bank it is shocking how little IT work I do vs how much policy and programs I now write. lol

Return to Top
Risk Management
#1805490 - 04/17/13 03:26 PM Re: Risk Matrix Wolfy
Reads Regs Offline
Diamond Poster

Return to Top
#1806005 - 04/18/13 04:00 PM Re: Risk Matrix Wolfy
Wolfy Offline
Wolfy
Mid West
Thanks we are looking over the info in the links now. smile

Return to Top
#1811550 - 05/07/13 12:59 PM Re: Risk Matrix Wolfy
DCS Planning Offline
OK
R. Cascarino has an excellent text on building a 3D risk assessment. It's in his 2013 book on internal audits. I believe the specific chapter you need is 9.

I agree on your policy writing sentiment. Though I believe the function of managers should be more supervisory than minutia, it is a shame that previous managers didn't build the policy and structural foundation for the institution. However you are far from alone! Best wishes on getting it write! wink

Return to Top
#1836419 - 07/25/13 04:29 PM Re: Risk Matrix Wolfy
StacyNBS Offline
New Poster
StacyNBS
Connecticut
I've referred to this document in the past, may be helpful.

http://www.iwar.org.uk/comsec/resources/risk/risk-mgmt.pdf

I saw a bank that said '24 Hour Banking,' but I don't have that much time. ~Steven Wright

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z