Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#1839885 - 08/06/13 06:08 PM Notification of Increasing Fees
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have read several threads about notification of increasing fees....

We are considering increasing several fees.....one of which is our overdraft fee....

I know this can be disclosed on a periodic statement....but with all the UDAAP concerns surrounding overdraft programs and fees and clear disclosures, I'm recommending that a separate mailer be mailed to all depositors who received a fee schedule at account opening....

Is this overkill? I don't want to needlessly recommend something that adds additional cost for the bank.....

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#1839922 - 08/06/13 07:03 PM Re: Notification of Increasing Fees Anonymous
NotDoneYet Offline
Gold Star
NotDoneYet
PA
We have done this and actually send a new fee schedule, with changes and effective date in bold print, so it is received 30 days prior to the change going into effect.
Depending on the type of accounts affected by the fee changes would determine whether we included it in monthly statements or not. We always give out a new fee schedule when someone opens a new account to cover all the bases.
Last edited by NotDoneYet; 08/06/13 07:05 PM.
#1839925 - 08/06/13 07:04 PM Re: Notification of Increasing Fees Anonymous
ahkcompliance Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
When we change multiple fees we put a generic statement message on stating something to the fact We have increased some fees. Please see the attahced fee schedule. Changes are noted in bold.

We then put the revised fee schedule in as a statement message with any change noted in bold.

1. Form of notice. Institutions may provide a change-in-term notice on or with a periodic statement or in another mailing. If an institution provides notice through revised account disclosures, the changed term must be highlighted in some manner. For example, institutions may note that a particular fee has been changed (also specifying the new amount) or use an accompanying letter that refers to the changed term.

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale