Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1836179 - 07/24/13 09:15 PM CRA Self Evaluation
Newbie06 Offline
Platinum Poster
I am looking for someone willing to share their CRA self evaluation if possible. I am trying to put one together and would like some examples to work off of so that I don't miss anything. We are having an examination later this year. Thank you for your help.

Return to Top
CRA
#1836185 - 07/24/13 09:24 PM Re: CRA Self Evaluation Newbie06
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
The best tip I can give is to pull the PE's from your peer banks and try to recreate the data tables in the report.

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1836655 - 07/25/13 09:47 PM Re: CRA Self Evaluation Newbie06
Bibliofiend Offline
100 Club
DuPage County, IL
There's also a CRA Self Examination Checklist in the Compliance Tools section that you might want to look at.

Return to Top
#1840835 - 08/08/13 07:00 PM Re: CRA Self Evaluation Newbie06
Flyboat Offline
Flyboat
i developed my self assessment modeled after the actual CRA PE.

There are a number of challenges. (1) starting (its a tremendous undertaking0; (2) finding and using the right data sources (i.e. census, real estate, state, federal); (3)creating apples-to-apples tables; (4) include the performance tables that the regulators uses (i.e. CRA Wiz, etc); (5) the purpose of the self exam is to provide a context for the bank's perfomance. describe in detail who you are, what you do, and why you do what you do. (6) make sure all the executive management and departments (retail, lending, res mort) read it for accuracy and feedback (they should know their business better than you-make them write this into the self exam).

The end result was that they regulators verfied my data and basically used my report as the basis for theirs. By doing their work for them, it made the exam go smoother and last a lot shorter (at least based on my perception).

I update mine quarterly. Also, because it's a comprehensive CRA analysis, Risk management uses it as the basis for determining quarterly compliance.
Last edited by Flyboat; 08/08/13 07:05 PM.
Return to Top
#1840859 - 08/08/13 07:26 PM Re: CRA Self Evaluation Newbie06
Tennismom Offline
Platinum Poster
Tennismom
Flyboat,

Do you complete a self assessment/performance context bankwide or for each individual assessment areas or both? May I ask how many assessment areas do you have?

Return to Top
#1840897 - 08/08/13 08:13 PM Re: CRA Self Evaluation Newbie06
Flyboat Offline
Flyboat
Both. PC was bankwide with specific references to each AA. I analyzed lending, investments, and services by AA. I also assigned component ratings to each AA based on performance. In addition, I looked at, and compared, the PE for banks in each AA to develop a baseline.

My first Self assessment took months to perpare. I've gotten it down to where it takes about 10-15 hours per quarter (about 2 days)to update.

Return to Top